First 12345 Last

Thread: NF Pack-rats

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    873 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE Ti

I still have a long sleeve blue shirt from when I was 11. Used to be my favorite shirt, I would wear it all the time. To this day I can't find it in me to toss it out, despite the fact that no matter how much I wash it the stench won't come off and it's way to small to fit me.

MBTI
    yupp

I don't think I'm a pack rat as much as I'm too lazy to throw anything out. There's a difference, a pack rat implies an emotional attachment to things which unless they have a face such as dolls stuff animals and pictures I don't have. Laziness implies laziness besides those books might be useful one day, and what if I have children and remember this awesome toy I played with when I was younger and they stopped making said toy? Well I'd want my children to have a chance to enjoy that same toy. And what if some old clothing I have would work in a film I'm doing?
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by nightning View Post
    I've never attribute feelings to stationaries... to bigger objects such as cars and computers yes... but not stationaries.
    That's because bigger objects DO have feelings :rolli: My car definitely has feelings (she is much more agreeable when I compliment her on her efforts), and my computer too (just look at how he straightens his act up when I call my husband to check on him because he's been acting up lately )

Quote Originally Posted by Kyrielle View Post
    But I do have a hard time throwing things away. Especially paper. I mean...if it has a blank space on it that might be used for anything, I hang on to it
    I can't believe I still have a sketching pad I bought 15 years ago in Canada. I mean, do you know how many moves that pad went through !?!?

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

I'm not a pack-rat, at all. I've never had a problem with tossing out things that I don't need. But, I do have a few sentimental possessions. Pictures...I'll never get rid of those. I think someone would have to put a gun to my head to make me do it.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    9w1

I think something snapped in me about 5 years ago when I threw out everything I had. Now, I am literally down to a PC, a TV, an XBOX, some clothes and a bed. All of my pictures and music are on the PC so I don't have clutter. Any books I read I donate to the library when I am done. It really makes moving easy, but the feng shui is rather non-existent.

Enneagram
    4 so/sp

There are certain childhood things that I have kept because I don't want to get rid of them (I suppose some of it's sentimental; also, on some level I still kinda like them! And yes, I do have about 10 stuffed animals that I find myself unable to part with, although I think I'm silly for this :-) - but keep in mind, I used to have more like 50-70, or more), but I got rid of most of my childhood toys/clothes years ago. Even while I was still a kid, my mom was always giving old clothes to goodwill, and I remember getting excited about selling a lot of my toys at a neighborhood garage sale and making $85!! Wow, I was rich!! Anyway: what I have kept from my childhood is fairly minimal.

I don't think I'm a packrat at all. If anything I try to get rid of all of the clothes I never wear anymore, or things I haven't used for years -- just take all of it to the Salvation Army. My aim now is to try to keep things leveled out; I don't want to keep on accumulating -- if I get new clothes, get rid of older ones. Or if I haven't used something for years, I never will - might as well give it to someone who might actually use it. Or if I buy something on a trip, get rid of something else I don't have much attachment towards anymore.

Photos, artistic stuff, and truly meaningful items fall outside of this though!!
    "...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

My Photography and Watercolor Fine Art Prints!!! Cascade Colors Fine Art Prints
    https://docs.google.com/uc?export=do...Gd5N3NZZE52QjQ

ish red no longer *sad* nightning's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj

Quote Originally Posted by Kyrielle View Post
    I've never been big on thinking objects "feel" things, except when I accidentally ram a chair into a desk and say "ow" for either the chair or the desk without even thinking about it.

As to whoever mentioned the projecting thoughts onto animals, I do the same thing. Sometimes I'll try to mimick what I think they're thinking, and sometimes I'm right (especially if it's a pet of mine).
    I do both of those things. I say "ow" even though the stuff's not damage in anyway. I also say "ow" if I did something dumb while gaming.

Quote Originally Posted by Wandering View Post
    That's because bigger objects DO have feelings :rolli: My car definitely has feelings (she is much more agreeable when I compliment her on her efforts), and my computer too (just look at how he straightens his act up when I call my husband to check on him because he's been acting up lately )
    Uhhhh I rather think of it as that sometimes they have feelings... Otherwise I think I should take myself to a psychiatrist... but my car is a he and my computer is a she... the reverse of what you have.

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by nightning View Post
    but my car is a he and my computer is a she... the reverse of what you have.
    You know, now that you mention it, I realise that I've never actually asked THEM what sex they are Just because "car" is of the feminine gender in French while "computer" is masculine, I've automatically assumed that the objects were necessarily of the associated sex Talk about hurting their feelings if I got something as basic as their sex wrong !!!

(Are you sufficiently convinced by now that *I* do need to be taken to see a shrink ?)

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    2w%

How can any inanimate object be a he?.. I thought it was some unwritten law that all inanimate objects were female? :p

As for keeping things from your childhood. I still have some of my old school work and report cards from grade school, not quite sure why but I do. Plus I still have my stuffed dog with no ears, no tail, no eyes, and a missing leg who is known as The Earless Fearless Limpy Gimp.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Fe/Fi 36.9/37.7
    Ne/Ni 34.9/25.8
    Se/Si 25.7/19.5
    Te/Ti 28.4/31.9
    Type: 2w% sx/sp/so

I don't want it, I just need it, to breathe, to feel, to know I'm alive.

Never take life to seriously.. No one gets out alive in the end anyway.

I am a terrible packrat. I do not assign feelings to my "stuff" and so have difficulty throwing it out. I keep things because "you never know, I may need a straightened wire coat hanger again someday" My family makes fun of me, I threw away a broken blender and my dh wrote it on the calendar! Every so often I get a wild hair and sort through it to throw some away or recycle it.

I have 6 cats and 2 pomeranians. Often I will talk to them and/or give voice to their actions or expressions. I do not however expect them to answer me.
    "One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure its worth watching"I(95%) N(53%) T(84%) J(58%)
    5 sp/sx/so varient Global 5: sloan RCOEI; r|C|oei; primary Calm; R(66%)C(76%)O(58%)E(66%)I(62%)