User Tag List

View Poll Results: INFJs are...

Voters
79. You may not vote on this poll
  • Awesome!

52 65.82%
  • okay I guess...whats so special about them...?

27 34.18%
First 51314151617 Last

Well if all I learned from this thread, I can apparently turn people on with no effort. Ok. My job here is done.

MBTI
    Infj
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI Fe

Quote Originally Posted by tortoise View Post
    Condescending is the word.
    My mother and I got into some disagreements a few years ago. She ended up telling me that I was "uppity". I was pissed at her for two years and seriously had no idea what she was talking about. I think, for me, that comes from intuiting what would be good for someone and getting frustrated when that person doesn't want to listen. I can understand that it can come off as condescending. I have to laugh at myself when I sound uppity now

MBTI
    ENFP

Sample size: 12 typed INFJs
    INFJs are both stubbornly adherent to an emotionally based value system and hypocritical in their implementation of said value system. Their emotional manipulation is used to enhance their internal vision of themselves as inherently special. However they do this in a harmful manner that few other mbti types are able to pick up on and thus leave a trail of damage behind them. They claim to care deeply for others and yet what they value the most is the perpetuation of their glorified self image and emotional value system. If this self image must come at the expense of others, so be it but they will use their skills of manipulation to make themselves appear in the right. They are inherently selfish, and are far too stubborn and insecure to see it. They are insecure and thus overcompensate by blaming their flaws on others. They always find their FastTrack speech and imagined path to the moral highground despite its utter fiction. Their utter selfishness keeps them from seeing and admitting the harm they do unto others and they rather focus on their own internal suffering feeling themselves to be some sort of sacrificing martyr. Over time I have seen time and time again that the major quality which holds them from any realm of self improvement is the combination of insecurity and overgrown pride to compensate. The stubborn inability to see themselves as they are, ie not blessed with superhuman abilities and rather one of us lowly humans, keeps them from accepting justified criticism and actually progressing in their growth. Their emotional manipulation and self obsessed suffering allow a potent combination that helps deter all self improvement because it evokes confused sympathy of those they emotionally manipulate. Even the most skilled emotional players of Myers Briggs fall prey to their manipulation. It is unfortunate and I hope I come across Infjs who would be deemed mature and on the path of self actualization of their psychological type. Unfortunately I have not and have seen the trail of psychological damage left in their "suffering martyr" exit paths leaving people hurt and believing the infjs insecurities and flaws are their own. Thankfully they are relatively simple to spot since a simple statement undermining their belief that they are unique unclassifiable superbeings suffering all of humanity's ails for us heathens who do not know how will prompt quick and decisive rebuttal from an infj. Hence easily avoided.

However I do retain some hope of encountering an INFJ mature enough to move beyond their pride and see their desires as they are. They are not inherently bad desires but implemented in a manipulative way causes great damage. Additionally I am aware they do not intend harm which they deserve due credit for. However the refusal to see themselves as they are and be honest with themselves leads to unnecessary drama and hurt.
    Likes shuawei liked this post

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Esoteric Wench View Post
    This. ^^^^^^^ Damn it. It's true though.
    interesting.. I have the opposite reaction. I like Infjs but one hint of condescension and im out the door.
    how does that work for you?

MBTI
    ENxP
    Enneagram
    973 so/sx
    Socionics
    SLE Se

Not a confirmed INFJ but someone i believe to be INFJ. I disliked them (Hate is a strong word) as they were passive aggressive, had a heavy maytar complex (For instance I would kindly offer to do work then she would say its "okay" then passively aggressively complain about how much other people always make her do everything even when others offer to help). She was also in general a grumpy and moody person. On the other hand my mother is an INFJ and we get on very well so it is the person not the type.
    http://kevan.org/jh/cat+brainze

http://kevan.org/nohari?name=Cat+Brainze

Tell me is this a grin of joy or is it a grimace of pain?

9w1 7w6 3w4
    Likes Forever liked this post

MBTI
    ISTJ

I read Amargith's user-name as 'ermergerd'

Anyway, I've only known one INFJ so far in my life. She wasn't nice, nor particularly rude. She was somewhere in between. She had her obsessions, and once she delved into them you couldn't get her out. I understand they like to follow one path and stay focused, but this was a little unfair considering I had just gotten over some major insecurities and anxiety, and figured she'd like me better after I was a nicer person to deal with. But no, she still kept to her phone and would avoid me like the plague. I tried everything to talk to her, to get in her head, but it wouldn't work. To this day I'm not entirely sure if she was truly INFJ, I thought her more extroverted, but a lot of the things she said certainly sounded NF.

So basically, I didn't hate her, but I was always slightly afraid she'd hurt me. (Keep in mind I don't type everyone INFJ who I think is a manipulative meanie, but she seemed to have it double. . .)

The INFJs I've come across on this forum seem nice. Granted, I think only a few are correctly typed so there's that. But the ones who are don't seem awful. If anything, they're as quirky, sarcastic and strange as is expected of the type.

Too bored to find out whether i have already contributed to this thread. Hopey what i say next wouldnt contradict my previous post in this thread if i had any.

I dont see any reason to hate infps (and isfps). What i dislike most in others - in addition to back stabbing, lying, ass kissing and others sociopathic tendencies which are hated by most - are disgusting bullies and people who ride high horses.

Ifps are neither of those. I havent even seen them being much passive aggressive.

I havent associated or recall associating infps close enough to comment on this - maybe they have the undependable issue commonly seen in intps? If they do, there you go. That would be a reason to hate you guys.
    Likes Cloudpatrol liked this post

MBTI
    ENFP

no doubts, they are the healers of thw world

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by Rebeka View Post
    no doubts, they are the healers of thw world
    Sure. When they aren't in the corner crying about the current state of the world.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.