User Tag List

View Poll Results: INFJs are...

Voters
79. You may not vote on this poll
  • Awesome!

52 65.82%
  • okay I guess...whats so special about them...?

27 34.18%
First 91011121321 Last

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by chelsea View Post
    Unfortunately you resort to attacking when someone disagrees with you. I loathe to call people immature because it's the last resort in an argument when one (you included, don't want to be passive aggressive) can't think of anything else to say and are backed into a corner.

I am self-aware, but of course it is a learning process. Since you don't know me, nor I you, you may not want to make judgments like that...

This has gotten off topic though and I suppose if you'd like to attack me further feel free to pm and not take up space here.
    :zzz:

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post
    I'd prefer for them to be honest -- not feeling aggression but trying to act as if they don't.

If they weren't actually feeling aggression, then I would have no problem with them behaving in a calm or detached manner.
    I'd add that there's something missing in that definition, that other more precise definitions would capture.
    I bolded that part because, at least in reference to what I was saying earlier... um, thats what I meant. um.. what if what you perceive as "passive-agressiveness" is someone who does not actually feel aggressive but rather feels attacked or cornered and is trying to defend themselves the only way they feel they can? thats not dishonest. just because they're not aggressive doesn't mean they're dishonest. maybe they're being defensive, but there is no reason for you to dislike their behavior because thats just how they react, and its not dishonest at all.

garbage

Shouldn't we all not want to be wrong?

Isn't that more or less the same as trying to attain such accuracy in our perspective that it would rightfully be called "the truth"?
    Sort of. Having one's perspective 'be right' by actually attempting to match reality is completely different than having one's perspective 'be right' because he/she has convinced himself that he/she is right and refuses to take in evidence to the contrary.

To the extent that one ignores evidence that doesn't match his/her perspective, he/she's doing the latter. I'd also classify attempting to push one's perspective as the latter. There might be some difference--I don't know.

I agree with wanting to get at 'the truth' of matters (however that's defined), but I think we should be careful and mindful of that latter approach to 'being right.'

I honestly can't make a judgment call as to what's going on in this thread, though, because I get all :zzz: when discussions get all insulting

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by bologna View Post
    Sort of. Having one's perspective 'be right' by actually attempting to match reality is completely different than having one's perspective 'be right' because he/she has convinced himself that he/she is right and refuses to take in evidence to the contrary.

To the extent that one ignores evidence that doesn't match his/her perspective, he/she's doing the latter. I'd also classify attempting to push one's perspective as the latter. There might be some difference--I don't know.

I agree with wanting to get at 'the truth' of matters (however that's defined), but I think we should be careful and mindful of that latter approach to 'being right.'
    Good. You got my point.

There's "might is right" and "right is might".

Unfortunately, there's actually 4 interpretations to those two statements, as causality of "rightness" or "mightness" could run either forward or backward in the construction, but, assuming the former (that causality of meaning runs forward), then we're left with just two interpretations.

Each interpretation has truth to it, depending on what you're discussing and what point you're trying to make.

What I can assure you of, however, and as anyone who's actually followed my posting behavior thoroughly and with comprehension can attest, I am all about the latter.

I could really give two shits about arguing an untrue perspective solely out of a morbid desire to dominate.

I am, however, very much about attaining such a level of truth in my perspective that I am willing to domineer over lesser perspectives, unless or until new information is brought to light that necessitates a reconstruction of my perspective.

Quote Originally Posted by bologna View Post
    I honestly can't make a judgment call as to what's going on in this thread, though, because I get all :zzz: when discussions get all insulting
    What's happened is that I made a very blunt, harsh criticism (on purpose, and for effect) of INFJ's problematic behaviors, and some INFJs have gotten a bit butt hurt about it.

Others, meanwhile, have not.

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by priestessofmars View Post
    I bolded that part because, at least in reference to what I was saying earlier... um, thats what I meant. um.. what if what you perceive as "passive-agressiveness" is someone who does not actually feel aggressive but rather feels attacked or cornered and is trying to defend themselves the only way they feel they can? thats not dishonest. just because they're not aggressive doesn't mean they're dishonest. maybe they're being defensive, but there is no reason for you to dislike their behavior because thats just how they react, and its not dishonest at all.
    I can see what you're getting at: defensive vs. aggressive.

The truth is: sometimes people are both, other times they are being overly defensive, and other times they are not being defensive at all, they are simply being aggressive.

In the circumstances where these three things are not happening, then what you've described may be the case (there might be other possibilities I haven't though of).

garbage

Good. You got my point.

There's "might is right" and "right is might".

Unfortunately, there's actually 4 interpretations to those two statements, as causality of "rightness" or "mightness" could run either forward or backward in the construction, but, assuming the former (that causality of meaning runs forward), then we're left with just two interpretations.

Each interpretation has truth to it, depending on what you're discussing and what point you're trying to make.
    I agree with the latter. But doesn't "might is right" imply that might causes right, and vice versa for the other statement?

I am, however, very much about attaining such a level of truth in my perspective that I am willing to domineer over lesser perspectives, unless or until new information is brought to light that necessitates a reconstruction of my perspective.
    Good.

What's happened is that I made a very blunt, harsh criticism (on purpose, and for effect) of INFJ's problematic behaviors, and some INFJs have gotten a bit butt hurt about it.

Others, meanwhile, have not.
    Oh, and I get the implication.

But what effect were you going for? Being overly brash simply dissuades some people from wanting to discuss anything further in the 'idea-space.' It sounds like an overly emotional and visceral response, which causes even more overly emotional responses in turn. That's never pretty or productive.

They give up not because of the worth of your ideas or theirs, but simply because they don't want to deal with disagreeable people or disagreeable mentalities that connote a lack of respect. Rather than allowing ideas to get out there, that mentality shuts down the discussion of ideas because people don't want to respond to it.

Maybe brashness stimulates the formulation of ideas in some people. But it seems to me that it can't be considered 'winning' when people give up for the 'wrong' reasons.

Professional Trickster Esoteric Wench's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w8

Quote Originally Posted by Random Ness View Post
    Yeah, I do that, too. :/ But even though I won't forget anything, I usually use a rule that I should let go of anything someone said/did before one year ago. Because they might have changed or been sorry about it if I brought it up. Unless I think they haven't changed for the better at all. Then anything they've said/done is fair game. :/
    'A year ago' ehhh? That's very magnanimous of you.

Let me get a hold of you. My P will get your J to submit in no time.

ENFP with kick*ss Te | 7w8 so | ♀

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram
    7w8

I hate that I dont know if I've met one yet...

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Wow.

WTF happened here?

Ok, consider my post in this thread revoked. I will not be part of this kinda 'polite' mudslinging.

I posted what I did as an answer to the OP and as genuine constructive criticism...not as an attack, nor will I stand for my post being taken that way or used in that way.
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

Quote Originally Posted by Satine View Post
    Wow.

WTF happened here?