User Tag List

View Poll Results: INFJs are...

Voters
79. You may not vote on this poll
  • Awesome!

52 65.82%
  • okay I guess...whats so special about them...?

27 34.18%
First 8910111220 Last

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by DJAchtundvierzig View Post
    Hahaha, wow...

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post
    Look, just so you know, I'm not arguing with you, as, unlike *cue passive aggressive grammatical construction* someone else in this thread, I think you actually seem reasonable and capable of discussing this issue maturely.

That being said, and as I hinted above, grammatical construction is inherent to a passive-aggressive style of communication.

Along with tone and delivery, I'd say grammatical construction is part of what defines passive-aggressive behavior -- it's how we recognize it in the first place.

So, when you say there's something grammatically awkward about the construction "the fact that you vilify blah blah blah", I can't help but laugh, cuz I don't see a single thing awkward about that construction.

I would postulate that this more direct mode of communication just makes your uncomfortable, particularly in the context of an argument or discussion, and, as such, you feel the construction is "awkward".

I dunno, just my two cents.
    Naw, I feel the construction is awkward just because it's too wordy. And as I said, although I felt it clearly referred to you, it also describes a generality. We INFJs, in addition to being narcissistic, passive-aggressive and possessed of a victim mentality (as someone else, not on this board, once informed me!), value precision of language when expressing our feelings. But I guess I could sort of see how you would take it that way, given that we don't know each other. Also, the absence of body language and tone of voice over the internet removes valuable 2 components of oral communication, which in person can alleviate ambiguity.

And just so you know, I don't feel attacked. We're just discussing.
    Masquerading as a normal person day after day is exhausting.

My blog:
    TypeC: Adventures of an Introvert
    Wordpress: http://introvertadventures.wordpress.com/

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by chelsea View Post
    I meant you and anyone like you who is unable to see anything from a perspective not their own.
    :zzz::zzz::zzz:

No, it's true but it doesn't fit with your assumptions so you discard it as untrue.
    The ironic thing is that by continuing this discussion as long as you have, you are proving my point, and disproving yours.

See, at least I'm honest about wanting my perspective to dominate.

You, on the other hand, aren't even honest to yourself about it.

You think you understand it, but you don't.

The way you've posted in here you should go back to your original post to realize that the things you mention actually apply very well to you.

Just a bit of constructive criticism for you.

By the way, much constructive criticism was offered in this thread by others and I was, in response, very accepting of it.

It might not be a bad idea for you to develop a little Fe that you seem to despise so much. Might help you to understand how you come across to others...

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Aquarelle99 View Post
    Naw, I feel the construction is awkward just because it's too wordy. And as I said, although I felt it clearly referred to you, it also describes a generality. We INFJs, in addition to being narcissistic, passive-aggressive and possessed of a victim mentality (as someone else, not on this board, once informed me!), value precision of language when expressing our feelings. But I guess I could sort of see how you would take it that way, given that we don't know each other. Also, the absence of body language and tone of voice over the internet removes valuable 2 components of oral communication, which in person can alleviate ambiguity.
    Agreed on numerous counts. And notes taken.

Quote Originally Posted by Aquarelle99 View Post
    And just so you know, I don't feel attacked. We're just discussing.
    Good. I'm glad to hear that. I understand that I can seem abrasive, but it's not necessarily supposed to be taken that way.

*cue passive-aggressive behavior*

It's nice to be able to discuss these matters with a mature INFJ.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx

Yes, this is passive agressive, but oh well.

http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...ml#post1301530

MBTI
    INFJ
    Socionics
    EII

The ironic thing is that by continuing this discussion as long as you have, you are proving my point, and disproving yours.

See, at least I'm honest about wanting my perspective to dominate.

You, on the other hand, aren't even honest to yourself about it.

This shows how you really don't understand the type. I'd explain it if you were interested in anyone's perspective but your own. Instead though, you get :zzz: apparently when you have to entertain the idea that you're wrong

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

This shows how you really don't understand the type. I'd explain it if you were interested in anyone's perspective but your own. Instead though, you get :zzz: apparently when you have to entertain the idea that you're wrong
    Your lack of understanding how it does apply shows how you clearly don't understand yourself (or INFJs, or human beings).

And no, I get :zzz: when arguing with immature people who lack self-awareness and clearly know less than me.

Also, see all over this forum where I clearly like to get other people's perspectives on matters.

The difference here is that your perspective is more or less meaningless.

garbage

How is wanting one's perspective to dominate different than not wanting to be wrong? Or, at least, doesn't the former lead to the latter?

No, seriously. I'm really just asking the question.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Socionics
    EII

No, I get :zzz: when arguing with immature people who lack self-awareness and clearly know less than me.
    Unfortunately you resort to attacking when someone disagrees with you. I loathe to call people immature because it's the last resort in an argument when one (you included, don't want to be passive aggressive) can't think of anything else to say and are backed into a corner.

I am self-aware, but of course it is a learning process. Since you don't know me, nor I you, you may not want to make judgments like that...

This has gotten off topic though and I suppose if you'd like to attack me further feel free to pm and not take up space here.

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by bologna View Post
    How is wanting one's perspective to dominate different than not wanting to be wrong?
    Shouldn't we all not want to be wrong?

Isn't that more or less the same as trying to attain such accuracy in our perspective that it would rightfully be called "the truth"?