User Tag List

First 12

Thread: Driving habits

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

I like driving, but not when other people are in the car. I don't know why. I guess it makes me nervous because their life is in my hands.

I tend to be a pretty cautious and "friendly" driver. But, if someone tailgates or passes me, even if I was going the speed limit, I take it all personally... I hate driving with my friends in the car because they always want the music up really loud. I love lsitening to music while I drive, but I don't want it too loud or else I can't concentrate...

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

i drive around a lot just for shit's sake. you know? on a lonely afternoon or evening...hop in the car and just goooooo with some good beats playing...great way to escape.
    Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?

Banned
    MBTI
    IxFx
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by Funkadelic View Post
    i drive around a lot just for shit's sake. you know? on a lonely afternoon or evening...hop in the car and just goooooo with some good beats playing...great way to escape.
    it's good

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by musicnerd93 View Post
    I love lsitening to music while I drive, but I don't want it too loud or else I can't concentrate...
    me too...

does anyone else turn down the music when they're looking for something, like a certain building or a spot in a parking garage? one of my friends makes a lot of fun of me for it... but it feels like it helps...

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6

Quote Originally Posted by skylights View Post
    me too...

does anyone else turn down the music when they're looking for something, like a certain building or a spot in a parking garage? one of my friends makes a lot of fun of me for it... but it feels like it helps...
    My wife does this and I think it is funny.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6

I am generally a safe driver and I am good with directions.

One thing I have been meaning to ask here... do you guys always take the same route to work or school? I was reading about SJs in "Please Understand Me II" and one thing Keirsey said is that guardians always take the same route to work every day. I had never even considered this before.

Sure enough, I asked around at work where my coworkers are almost all SJs and they all acted like it was so ridiculous that I even had to ask that question. Of course they always take the same route to work every day, they have it timed and know exactly how long it will take to go that route and that is how they know when to leave the house to get to work on time.

When I mentioned that I don't even know which route I am going to take until I actually drive it, they seemed amazed and disgusted.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Socionics
    EII

Quote Originally Posted by stalemate View Post
    I am generally a safe driver and I am good with directions.

One thing I have been meaning to ask here... do you guys always take the same route to work or school? I was reading about SJs in "Please Understand Me II" and one thing Keirsey said is that guardians always take the same route to work every day. I had never even considered this before.

Sure enough, I asked around at work where my coworkers are almost all SJs and they all acted like it was so ridiculous that I even had to ask that question. Of course they always take the same route to work every day, they have it timed and know exactly how long it will take to go that route and that is how they know when to leave the house to get to work on time.

When I mentioned that I don't even know which route I am going to take until I actually drive it, they seemed amazed and disgusted.
    I generally go the same way, except if there is some traffic I don't particularly like/want to deal with and I know a way around, or I decide to stop somewhere on the way there or back.
    NaNoWriMo 2010 [[Nahe: Iveor]]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by stalemate View Post
    One thing I have been meaning to ask here... do you guys always take the same route to work or school?
    lol, nope!

if i'm pressed for time i'll take the way i know is fastest. and given my proclivity to leave later than i should, i usually have it worked out to the minute how much time that fastest route will take. and which lane i should change into at what place, etc...

otherwise... i take whatever suits me at the moment. maybe i feel like going through the park, or maybe by the fountain, or maybe on the expressway, or maybe on the backroads...

MBTI
    ENFP
    Socionics
    ENFp

Wow, I am surprised with all these safe & careful drivers! I've always figured NF drivers were like me... which is, well, on the wild side.

However, I'm not inconsiderate at all. I actually get angry at other drivers that don't let people in, etc. But when you've given me a long stretch and no cars in view... the whole road is mine. I love doing U'ies in the city with my gorgeous little Saab.

I don't speed in the city because Washington State has cracked down on speeders, and I really don't want my insurance to go up.

Who else drives emotionally?? If I'm angry I turn into a little speedster where I can. I take sharp turns, etc. When I'm excited and rock'n to the music, I swerve around a lot whenever it's safe.

I can safely say that driving is one of my favorite activities.
    WANTED: Somebody to go back in time with me.
    P.O. Box 322, Spokane, WA. You'll get
    paid after we get back. Must bring your own
    weapons. Safety not guaranteed. I have only done
    this once before.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Socionics
    ENFp

However, I am awful with directions.

I get lost and love it.
    WANTED: Somebody to go back in time with me.
    P.O. Box 322, Spokane, WA. You'll get
    paid after we get back. Must bring your own
    weapons. Safety not guaranteed. I have only done
    this once before.