• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFP] I (An INFP) have a question for other INFP's

CityLights87

MBTI Type
INFP
Hey guys,

So I am an INFP and I have noticed a pattern of irritation in FP's. Particularly in my case as an INFP, it seems that anything can make me irritated, and not just emotionally (and I react accordingly) but physically as well. Itching, feeling physically uncomfortable, and having to adjust the way I sit every few seconds. I notice this with other FP's, but not another other temperament, do you guys notice this problem within yourselves? If so, how do you or have you dealt with it? The only think that tends to reverse the effects is when I lay down, let go of tensions and think to myself that I am on vacation...but this doesn't always work.

Thanks

-Citylights

SecondBest

Permabanned
MBTI Type
eNxp
Enneagram
5/7
Hi Citylights,

I've had something similar but it was mostly just serious muscle tension caused by stress and anxiety.

The emotional and physical irritation might be a psychosomatic thing. I don't know too much about it but it's basically, things that affect you emotionally can show up physically. Like emotional heartbreak can produce anxiety in your chest which can make you feel like you're having a heart attack.

Has anything unusually stressful happened recently? Trauma? Usually, once I've figured out and solved the emotional problem, the physical problem goes away.

Also, pot helps.

Shit, am I allowed to say that? Is that against FAQ? Am I going to get banned?

Eh, whatev.

Chris_in_Orbit

MBTI Type
ESTJ
You realize that by only asking INFPs this question you won't get any significant insight into your hypothesis right? You would have to ask all types and see if their experiences hold up against what you believe.

Not sure if you care for that at all. Just thought I'd point it out.

Eckhart

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
???
Yeah, well, I don't know if it is an INFP exclusive thing as Chris_in_Orbit says. But yes, I can identify with it. I don't know how to deal with it, but I never thought of it in a way that I have to fix it.

mockingbird

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
Sounds like you're emotionally stressed out and it is affecting you physically. I always feel emotional stress physically as well as mentally myself. I find doing yoga and drinking chamomile tea always helps.:)...and if that doesn't work, there's always alcohol.:D

nolla

Senor Membrane
MBTI Type
INFP
I talked to a guy, I don't know his type, but he's the kind of guy who goes out there and does things, a lot of things, he has a dozen projects going on at the same time, and I asked him where does he feel the stress. He looked puzzled, and I explained that I feel it as a weight on my chest. He told me he didn't feel it anywhere.

I don't know if it is an FP thing, but if there are people who feel it and who don't, then I would rather be in the group that does feel it, since it will keep me from burning myself out.

Rebe

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4sop
My shoulders are always very tense and achy. I get worn out physically very easily and very often. It's mental stress I guess but it's more unconscious. It doesn't matter really what I do, I am always tense in some part, I guess, I just prefer to be ready for any possible danger, not physical. I used to have a huge problem with anxiety; I am generally an anxious person so...it makes sense that I stress. I also have other problems, some are quite serious because of my nerves. I know my mom is the same way, Anxiety is largely genetic.

Anything to make you relax will be good - depends on what will help you.

musicnerd93

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
I take forever to get comfortable when I'm going to bed. I have to adjust my pillows "just right" and make sure I have enough blanket covering me.

Also, when sitting still for a long time, my arm sort of gets a little twitchy and starts to ache and I feel like I need to stretch it out.

CityLights87

MBTI Type
INFP
Thank you guys! I guess I do just have to find things that relax me...like tea, yoga, ...or pot...