User Tag List

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: A female ENFP, an atheist, and a part-time misanthrope...

`~~Philosoflying~~` Array SillySapienne's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cascademn View Post
    Welcome CaptainChick!
    Hey there cascademn!

I think ultimately a lot of differences in any large topics can boil down to semantics - that two people might have the exact same conception of something and use different words; thus, it's seen as two totally different things. Or the other way - two people using the same word could have completely different conceptions of the idea the word conveys.
    Ay, there's the rub!!! This is why I am, and have always been fascinated, and borderline obsessed with the often underestimated, or ignored significance of semantics in regards to linguistic communication.

I don't think that I'm a misanthrope, but that said, I think I have the *tendency* for my thoughts to move in that direction. But when it's all said and done I don't think I am one. I want to believe in people. :-)
    I want to believe in people too, but you can't always get what you want, unfortunately.

Oh. Nature is what I most value. It probably IS my spirituality.
    God bless a naturalist!!!

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainChick View Post
    So true!!! Most people find it difficult to accept that there just so happens to be no definitive answers to life's most important questions. Sadly, these same people would prefer any answer at all, no matter how far-fetched and dangerously ignorant and limiting, to label as their comfortingly sedating truths, than to leave their minds open to the wonder of not knowing... God forbid!!!!
    Damn SJs!

Now you have me thinking about the difference between what it means to be logical, and what it means to be reasonable. Where the rules that dictate reason, and thus what's to be considered reasonable, are far more circumstantially based and subjectively driven, than the more universally applied objective rules of logic.
    I think this falls back to whether you're a J or a P, to a certain extent. Like I said previously, I'm content to simply search for the answers. If you need answers (J?) and one can't be supplied by logic alone, you're more likely to allow subjective reasoning to creep in.

Whole heartedly!!
    Too bad there's no :highfive: smiley. We need one!
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."