• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENFP] A female ENFP, an atheist, and a part-time misanthrope...

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Welcome CaptainChick!
Hey there cascademn!

I think ultimately a lot of differences in any large topics can boil down to semantics - that two people might have the exact same conception of something and use different words; thus, it's seen as two totally different things. Or the other way - two people using the same word could have completely different conceptions of the idea the word conveys.
Ay, there's the rub!!! This is why I am, and have always been fascinated, and borderline obsessed with the often underestimated, or ignored significance of semantics in regards to linguistic communication.

I don't think that I'm a misanthrope, but that said, I think I have the *tendency* for my thoughts to move in that direction. But when it's all said and done I don't think I am one. I want to believe in people. :)
I want to believe in people too, but you can't always get what you want, unfortunately.

Oh. Nature is what I most value. It probably IS my spirituality.:)
God bless a naturalist!!! :smile:

Lateralus

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
3w4
So true!!! Most people find it difficult to accept that there just so happens to be no definitive answers to life's most important questions. Sadly, these same people would prefer any answer at all, no matter how far-fetched and dangerously ignorant and limiting, to label as their comfortingly sedating truths, than to leave their minds open to the wonder of not knowing... God forbid!!!!
Damn SJs! ;)

Now you have me thinking about the difference between what it means to be logical, and what it means to be reasonable. Where the rules that dictate reason, and thus what's to be considered reasonable, are far more circumstantially based and subjectively driven, than the more universally applied objective rules of logic.
I think this falls back to whether you're a J or a P, to a certain extent. Like I said previously, I'm content to simply search for the answers. If you need answers (J?) and one can't be supplied by logic alone, you're more likely to allow subjective reasoning to creep in.

Whole heartedly!! ;)
Too bad there's no :highfive: smiley. We need one!