User Tag List

First 12345 Last

Results 21 to 30 of 42

  1. #21
    no clinkz 'til brooklyn Nocapszy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    4,516

    Default

    Why the misanthropy? I happen to be one myself, and I'm looking for new excuses.

    Atheism for the win. I've seen a few posts you've made on the forum. You've got T tendencies. I can honestly say you're cloaked to my misanthropy. I guess that makes me part time too?
    we fukin won boys

  2. #22
    `~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Posts
    9,849

    Default

    Ender,

    True, there is no such thing as absolute certainty. And because of this fact, strictly technically speaking, anything is possible, but c'mon now!!!!

    Sure, it is possible that a pink circular triangle on the planet Xenfhsia has created this program we call life, and that we are but nothing more than mere automaton pawns simulating life, but is this probable??? I think not.

    In terms of randomness, chaos, the birth of the universe, and the genesis of time, I really have no right to speak on such issues for my mind is far too feeble to grasp such complex abstract things.

    It is interesting, and exciting to know just how little we know...

  3. #23
    no clinkz 'til brooklyn Nocapszy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    4,516

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainChick View Post
    Ender,

    True, there is no such thing as absolute certainty. And because of this fact, strictly technically speaking, anything is possible, but c'mon now!!!!

    Sure, it is possible that a pink circular triangle on the planet Xenfhsia has created this program we call life, and that we are but nothing more than mere automaton pawns simulating life, but is this probable??? I think not.
    Also, even if it is a program or a dream, possible or not, it doesn't matter, because we're trapped within the confines of the program. Maybe we can get them to update software...
    we fukin won boys

  4. #24
    `~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Posts
    9,849

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ender View Post

    Edit: Hey wait a minute. This is some kind of delay tactic on your part because I've stumped you and or you agree with me and you just don't want to admit it is it? :p
    I really don't know what you're talking about.

  5. #25
    Senior Member wedekit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Posts
    694

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainChick View Post
    It is interesting, and exciting to know just how little we know...
    Socrates felt the same exact way. The only difference being that he believed in the immortality of the soul while also not believing in any particular god(s).

    Sometimes I wonder if we really are just something like The Sims v.26 or something. Maybe every time we get new technology we're just experiencing an expansion pack. xP
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Enneagram 4w5 social

  6. #26
    `~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Posts
    9,849

    Default

    Socrates is my personal Jesus. Now that's a man who died for truth.

  7. #27
    Large Member Ender's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    2w%
    Posts
    1,090

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainChick View Post
    Ender,

    True, there is no such thing as absolute certainty. And because of this fact, strictly technically speaking, anything is possible, but c'mon now!!!!

    Sure, it is possible that a pink circular triangle on the planet Xenfhsia has created this program we call life, and that we are but nothing more than mere automaton pawns simulating life, but is this probable??? I think not.
    What is and isn't probable I see as being more or less defined on an individual basis. What may seem probable to one person may not to another. In truth I dislike the idea of probability as a whole.

    I see presumption as a form of evil so to speak in that one persons view of how things are can effect how they react to the world around them. At different points through out history people have assumed one thing to be absolute and have reacted negatively towards anyone tries to challenge their assumptions even to the point of killing them. For example the whole "the earth is flat vs the earth is round argument".

    As an INFP the whole idea of someone like me seeing presumption as evil may seem somewhat hypocritical. I mean I often hide my true self away from others for fear of being hurt. Then again, is it really? I mean am I hiding because I assume others are out to hurt me, or am I hiding from the presumption of how others see me? lol.. it's a bit of a catch 22 isn't it? In truth aren't I assuming both at the same time? I mean really, I'm assuming how others assume me....

    In the end, this situation is why I'm misanthropic. There seems to be an ever growing feel of Nanny Statism to it. Driven largely by the general populace who expect others to tell them what to do and or blame others when they have to face the consequences of their own actions. The idea of Nanny Statism I view as being entirely presumptuous. That theres people in the position of power that assume I can't tell right from wrong, or that my moral compass is off, or that I need protection from myself.

    While I wear an INTP-ish mask on the outside as a form of protection, my true self is always on the inside at war with it. I'm a hypocrite in a lot of ways, this I know of myself, but in a way I'm required to be to deal with the outside world and survive.

    As for the whole theory I posted about whether or not we're just some school science experiment. Do I honestly believe it? Not really.. Do I disbelieve it? Who knows. It's not something that I've spent an inordinate amount of time thinking about. It's just a random thought thats crossed my mind in one of my many day dreams about life, the universe and everything.

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainChick View Post
    In terms of randomness, chaos, the birth of the universe, and the genesis of time, I really have no right to speak on such issues for my mind is far too feeble to grasp such complex abstract things.

    It is interesting, and exciting to know just how little we know...
    To be honest I don't care if your thoughts on those issues are right or not. like you said no one really has the right to say what is or isn't. The only reason I ever participate in these random philosophical debates is to explore the thoughts of others, and how they may influence my own. Your feelings that you have no right to speak on such issues is some what of a let down for me to be honest. Everyone has that right.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Fe/Fi 36.9/37.7
    Ne/Ni 34.9/25.8
    Se/Si 25.7/19.5
    Te/Ti 28.4/31.9
    Type: 2w% sx/sp/so

    I don't want it, I just need it, to breathe, to feel, to know I'm alive.

    Never take life to seriously.. No one gets out alive in the end anyway.

  8. #28
    `~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Posts
    9,849

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ender View Post
    To be honest I don't care if your thoughts on those issues are right or not. like you said no one really has the right to say what is or isn't. The only reason I ever participate in these random philosophical debates is to explore the thoughts of others, and how they may influence my own. Your feelings that you have no right to speak on such issues is some what of a let down for me to be honest. Everyone has that right.
    It's official, my feelings just got totally hurt by some internet stranger...

  9. #29
    Large Member Ender's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    2w%
    Posts
    1,090

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainChick View Post
    It's official, my feelings just got totally hurt by some internet stranger...
    Gah, if thats true then I apologize. My intentions we not in the least to hurt your feelings in anyway, they were in truth meant to be the exact opposite.

    I guess what I was trying to convey was that you don't have to fear me thinking negatively towards you based on what you say is right or wrong. In that all I'm interested in is how you feel about issues and your thoughts about them.

    Bah I'm just gonna shut up now before I dig the whole deeper.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Fe/Fi 36.9/37.7
    Ne/Ni 34.9/25.8
    Se/Si 25.7/19.5
    Te/Ti 28.4/31.9
    Type: 2w% sx/sp/so

    I don't want it, I just need it, to breathe, to feel, to know I'm alive.

    Never take life to seriously.. No one gets out alive in the end anyway.

  10. #30
    `~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Posts
    9,849

    Default

    Ender,

    I think I might understand your frustrations with today's currently accepted truths, for as history has constantly shown, time, and time again, what is true today, is often proven false tomorrow.

    However, all we can do with our limited knowledge is hypothesize and conjecture, this is why the concepts of statistics and probability act as incredibly important tools. But just because a certain outcome may be more likely than another, doesn't mean that the former is absolutely going to happen.

    I believe that every person has the right to believe, and do whatever they please, as long as it does not infringe on another person's rights. In short, I'm a firm believer in the adage, "To each his own".

    If you want to kill yourself, then that's your right. If you want to use drugs, then that's your right. If you want to stay at home and masturbate to clown porn, then that's your right.

    Ah, I forgot where I was going with this...

Similar Threads

  1. Implications and consequences of an atheist society
    By Survive & Stay Free in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 09-09-2012, 10:01 AM
  2. [ENFP] How do I differentiate between an ENFJ and an ENFP?
    By Lightyear in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 05-17-2010, 10:11 PM
  3. [ENFP] INFJ female, ENFP male; need input and help!
    By Hotherym in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 11-23-2009, 09:23 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO