User Tag List

First 1234 Last

To the top of the world arcticangel02's Avatar
    MBTI
    eNFP

Quote Originally Posted by wedekit View Post
    Interestingly, when our friend committed suicide she cried hysterically the day of his funeral and said she hoped there was an afterlife for his sake.
    ANFP:
    Extraversion (52%) ---- Introversion (48%)
    Sensing (26%) ---- iNtuition (74%)
    Thinking (16%) ---- Feeling (84%)
    Judging (5%) ---- Perceiving (95%)

9w1 so/sx/sp

MBTI
    INFJ

Well, if you're interested, PTypes - Correspondence of PTypes, Keirsey, Enneagram, Psychiatric, and Astrological Types.

They align ENFP's with the Vigilant personality type and the Paranoid personality disorder. Of course I'm not diagnosing you because I obviously have never met you, etc. I just thought it was an interesting addition to the topic. It could explain distrust of others.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Enneagram 4w5 social

`~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Ender View Post
    For all we know our kids or grandkids will become what are referred to as "gods". In that all we are is some kids school project on bioengineering and artificial intelligence. Where what we consider to be one year/decade, could be like a nanosecond to them. Same with the scale of size. I dunno I guess kinda like the ending scene in the movie Men in Black with the aliens playing marbles?
    Sure, sure, it is very true that outside our scale of perception or understanding, anything is possible, but the trend has been that all things discovered about, and within this universe, both past and present, have been governed by natural laws. So logically, one could confidently assume that the same will hold for things/events that will occur in the future.

But I also have always been fascinated with the concept of infinity itself, and even more so, the concept of infinite sets. The microcosmic universe within, and the macrocosmic universe without. Everything is relative to everything else, and that's why we need to set limits, or scales, in order to find a frame of reference to make sense and order out of the chaos....IMO
    Likes The Wailing Specter liked this post

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by arcticangel02 View Post
    But as far as the world being what it is, that sounds about right... although I do hold out faith that there are plenty of good people out there.
    Yeah, depending on my mood, and current experience, I either find myself being misanthropic, or fervently humanistic.

Sometimes you feel like a nut, sometimes you don't.....

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by wedekit View Post
    I was actually reading this to add that my best friend is an ENFP and it seems like she shares the same view. I'm definitely not saying it pertains to all ENFP's, but in her specific case she is simply too unmotivated to pursue anything that takes her out of her comfort zone. For her it's just easier to think there isn't any kind of higher being rather than spending time contemplating it. Interestingly, when our friend committed suicide she cried hysterically the day of his funeral and said she hoped there was an afterlife for his sake.
    Frankly my dear, she does not...

I love being challenged and have always purposefully pushed myself outside of my comfort zones.

I would not be able to quantify the countless hours, days, weeks, months, years even, that I've spent contemplating the existence, or lack of existence of a god, or a higher power, and the implications of what either "truth" would be.

I've been to plenty of funerals, including my father's, who I also happened to witness die. And I've come to realize it is the certainty of death that defines our lives as being limited, and therefore precious. To be honest, I feel bad for people who believe in an afterlife. Foolishly, and quite ironically they end up not living their *actual* lives to the fullest, with hopes for making it up in their "fantasy-based" afterlives.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    2w%

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainChick View Post
    Sure, sure, it is very true that outside our scale of perception or understanding, anything is possible, but the trend has been that all things discovered about, and within this universe, both past and present, have been governed by natural laws. So logically, one could confidently assume that the same will hold for things/events that will occur in the future.
    Bah natural laws, I'll take your natural laws past and present, add a dash of man's desire to better himself, a pinch of the uncertainty of the future, and a smidgen of the inevitable change in what future generations deem as moral or immoral. Toss it all into a bowl, mix it up and present to you a trio of glow in the dark kittens as a preview as to just what future generations have in store for these so called natural laws

Tho the above is more or less gene manipulation. Scientists have already broken the genetic code, and created stuff that doesn't otherwise exist in nature. I just like the glow in the dark kittens

But I also have always been fascinated with the concept of infinity itself, and even more so, the concept of infinite sets. The microcosmic universe within, and the macrocosmic universe without. Everything is relative to everything else, and that's why we need to set limits, or scales, in order to find a frame of reference to make sense and order out of the chaos....IMO
    To be honest, I haven't really look at anything relating to the concept of infinity other then just random musings in my own head, and I rarely think about that side of it. I'll have to do some research on the issue and get back to you on this..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Fe/Fi 36.9/37.7
    Ne/Ni 34.9/25.8
    Se/Si 25.7/19.5
    Te/Ti 28.4/31.9
    Type: 2w% sx/sp/so

I don't want it, I just need it, to breathe, to feel, to know I'm alive.

Never take life to seriously.. No one gets out alive in the end anyway.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Bah natural laws, I'll take your natural laws past and present, add a dash of man's desire to better himself, a pinch of the uncertainty of the future, and a smidgen of the inevitable change in what future generations deem as moral or immoral. Toss it all into a bowl, mix it up and present to you a trio of glow in the dark kittens as a preview as to just what future generations have in store for these so called natural laws
    I am no physicist, but I am pretty sure that the laws of physics apply universally to all existing things, although apparently there might be some randomness at the quantum level, (I dunno something about randomly resonating, appearing and disappearing strings?!?!?!?)

In terms of biology, there exists more flexibility in the rules and regulations of life. Plenty of once perceived impossible biological functions and forms have now proven to exist. But the point is, there are natural explanations for these things, it just takes a matter of time, research and intelligence to figure them out.

The point is, every so-called "Freak of Nature" is still very much so a natural thing, it's just new, that's all.

Tho the above is more or less gene manipulation. Scientists have already broken the genetic code, and created stuff that doesn't otherwise exist in nature. I just like the glow in the dark kittens
    Cute kitties!!!!!!! We've been manipulating the contents of the natural world, both animate and inanimate for centuries, how? By mimicking nature. If there is no rain for crops, we irrigate fields because we understand that plants need water.

To be honest, I haven't really look at anything relating to the concept of infinity other then just random musings in my own head, and I rarely think about that side of it. I'll have to do some research on the issue and get back to you on this..
    Promise?

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    2w%

I am no physicist, but I am pretty sure that the laws of physics apply universally to all existing things, although apparently there might be some randomness at the quantum level, (I dunno something about randomly resonating, appearing and disappearing strings?!?!?!?)
    So how can you define an absolute law when seemingly random things exist? There can't be "random" occurrences of anything, there is something that is causing them to happen. The day when man no longer needs to experiment trying to prove or disprove that these so called laws are absolute is when I'll except that what we can and can't do is thoroughly defined by said laws.

Until then what is and isn't possible is anyone's guess and personally I prefer it that way. It allows me to come up with half crazy fantasies about what is and isn't without that boring thing called reality sticking it's nose into it.

In terms of biology, there exists more flexibility in the rules and regulations of life. Plenty of once perceived impossible biological functions and forms have now proven to exist. But the point is, there are natural explanations for these things, it just takes a matter of time, research and intelligence to figure them out.

The point is, every so-called "Freak of Nature" is still very much so a natural thing, it's just new, that's all.

Cute kitties!!!!!!! We've been manipulating the contents of the natural world, both animate and inanimate for centuries, how? By mimicking nature. If there is no rain for crops, we irrigate fields because we understand that plants need water.
    You say the rules and regulations can be bent. If we can bend what we perceive to be the "rule" is it a rule? or a general guideline? After all isn't the saying "a general rule of thumb" used to express generalization or an approximation of the outcome?

To me the saying "bending the rules" is basically an oxymoron. You can't bend them, you can either follow them or break them.

If it's a true rule in the sense that absolutely everything must happen according to "it" then how can there be any give in it if it defines "absolutely" what must happen?

Promise?
    I'll do my best
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Fe/Fi 36.9/37.7
    Ne/Ni 34.9/25.8
    Se/Si 25.7/19.5
    Te/Ti 28.4/31.9

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Bah, I see you too are a man of philosophical inquiry and semantic conquest. (It takes one to know one, though I happen to be a woman.)

Honestly, I have to first dust off, and don my thinking cap, (it's been awhile, I've kind of been in a mental stupor), before I can effectively prove you wrong.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    2w%

Bah, I see you too are a man of philosophical inquiry and semantic conquest. (It takes one to know one, though I happen to be a woman.)

Honestly, I have to first dust off, and don my thinking cap, (it's been awhile, I've kind of been in a mental stupor), before I can effectively prove you wrong.
    This could get interesting, Most people just look at me funny and tell them I make their head hurt and run away screaming. Hopefully I won't fall short and disappoint you after you've gone through the trouble of dusting your cap off though.

Edit: Hey wait a minute. This is some kind of delay tactic on your part because I've stumped you and or you agree with me and you just don't want to admit it is it? :p
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Fe/Fi 36.9/37.7
    Ne/Ni 34.9/25.8
    Se/Si 25.7/19.5
    Te/Ti 28.4/31.9