User Tag List

First 234

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ????

To the OP: yes I do. I've always been this way even as a child. It was much stronger as a child, these days I can control my need to run away from the boring people better... I've always been a bit shamed of myself of feeling this way, because it's not nice. Only few people have caught my attention so that I won't get bored with them.

Junior Member ScentlessApprentice's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5-4

I don't get bored of people most of the time, it's more of that I would rather not interact with them unless they are really close to me. I get overwhelmed in crowds and big groups very easily, so it's hard to control my peace of mind. It's better for me just to keep my distance from people in general.
    5-4 INFP "The Idealist"

If you want to find out what's behind these cold eyes, you'll just have to claw your way through this disguise.

Banned
    MBTI
    IxFx
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by ScentlessApprentice View Post
    I don't get bored of people most of the time, it's more of that I would rather not interact with them unless they are really close to me. I get overwhelmed in crowds and big groups very easily, so it's hard to control my peace of mind. It's better for me just to keep my distance from people in general.
    +1

MBTI
    INFP

Yeah I don't really get bored of people if I was initially interested in them in the first place -- there's always more to learn and lots to unlearn. But I am somewhat easily distracted from one person to another. That's not because the first person stopped being interesting but more because the second person got my attention for whatever reason and I only have so much time to devote to communication. Which is probably less than most people, being an introvert.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Intricate Mystic View Post
    I think people are what you make of them, to a certain extent. If you are enthusiastic and very engaged in conversation with them, they perk up and become more interesting to talk to. If you come across as bored and uninterested, you'll probably get the same response back. That said, the only people I tend to get bored with are the ones that are highly superficial in their social interactions. With me, no depth= no interest, unless the person has something unusual about them that alerts my curiosity. Sometimes, even highly superficial people can be interesting because I spot something slightly off in their otherwise "normal" behavior.
    I completely agree! Its also very interesting when people seem so superficial most of the time and then you get a glimpse of what they actually go through. It really wakes you up.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by alcea rosea View Post
    To the OP: yes I do. I've always been this way even as a child. It was much stronger as a child, these days I can control my need to run away from the boring people better... I've always been a bit shamed of myself of feeling this way, because it's not nice. Only few people have caught my attention so that I won't get bored with them.
    That's funny! When I was (much) younger I had a much stronger tendency to "cling" to friends I was close to because I was so afraid they would "abandon" me. I was intimidated by their other friends because I thought they would stop paying attention to me. As I've grown older, I feel that I've matured and realized that friends come (with some effort) and go (pretty effortlessly!) depending on where you're at in your life. The good ones usually stick around though