User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    ???
    Socionics
    ????

Hm, no, I don't think that I get bored of people (unless they were boring to me in the first place). The longer I get to know them and the more I like them, the more I enjoy it. Seems though that other people don't show the same attitude towards me, and so ways split.

That's my name biotch! JoSunshine's Avatar
    MBTI
    eNfj
    Enneagram

One of my sayings is that there are New People people and Old People people. I'm an Old People person

This is my theory:

New People people - Are excited about new people and put time, effort, resources and the needs of new and interesting people first. You start off at #1 and slowly slide down the priority list over time.

Old People people - Are drawn to security and stability in friendships. They put time, effort, resources and the needs of proven people first. You start at the bottom of their list and gain priority over time.

Just a personal observation.
    "Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. " - Dr. Seuss
    I can't spell...get over it

Slightly ENFJ, totally JoSunshine
    Extroverted (E) 52.5%........Introverted (I) 47.5%
    Intuitive (N) 65.63%..........Sensing (S) 34.38%
    Feeling (F) 55.56%............Thinking (T) 44.44%
    Judging (J) 51.43%............Perceiving (P) 48.57%

Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

I think I'm the same, most of the research on friendship I've read resonates with me, that people have maybe at most half a dozen to a dozen friends with some ascending and descending in esteem or interest at all times, usually with one or two best friends to which they remain attached (even if they are married or partnered).

I've got suspiscions about how friendships, like so many other relationships, have been influenced by consumerism in the economy and culture, people crave novelty, upgrades, change for changes sake, boredom or routine or sameness is the new great satan, so some people go through friends like other people go through books, games or video. I include myself in that, I dont think anyone can grow up in a culture uninfluenced or unaffected by it even if you dont believe it, value it etc. or actively wish to.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

There are certain people that I click with so well that I really don't care about their flaws and I could hang out with them forever. (Well, clearly not FOREVER since I'm an introvert. :P)

But, then there are certain people that have certain flaws that I find extremely irritating. (i.e self absorption and hypocrisy, to name a few.) I mean, I know nobody's perfect and we're all guilty of self absorption and hypocrisy to some extent, but those kind of people that seem to use those two things every minute of their every day life really irritate the crap out of me.

THOSE are the kind of people I get tired of.

Aspiring Troens Ridder KLessard's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2

Quote Originally Posted by Sky is BLUE! View Post
    No, can't say that I do. People are interesting, so I keep on hoping to find out more because I feel that you can never really know everything about them. The problem I have repeatedly encountered, though, is that in a while I start to feel that people might get bored of me, so I might start avoiding them in order to avoid getting a confirmation about that. That kind of sends a wrong message and things start to go downhill from there.
    I think I can relate.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Socionics
    EII

Yes and no. It depends on my mood, it seems. Sometimes I feel like I get soooooo bored of people, because I've got them all figured out, or little details of a person I once loved everything about have started really getting on my nerves. But then I keep running back to them and keep trying to uphold the relationship anyway. I always feel like I'm putting 100% into my relationships while other people aren't, so that makes me feel jaded about the whole thing. And yet I am completely prepared to continue to put 100% into the relationship no matter what happens. Also, if someone who previously doesn't "put as much" into the relationship as I do takes some initiative, it can really get me interested in our relationship again.

So, I guess "yes and no" is the only way I can say it.
    NaNoWriMo 2010 [[Nahe: Iveor]]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Aspiring Troens Ridder KLessard's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2

^
    I've decided to stop investing myself so intensely into people. I screwed up too often, had my heart broken and dried up doing it and made the people feel uncomfortable, realizing there was an unhealthy obsessive attitude about it that had something to do with unresolved childhood pain.
    Now, I let them come. I respond with love and open arms, but allowing the relationship to be equal is wiser, even though it requires patience.

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by JoSunshine View Post
    One of my sayings is that there are New People people and Old People people. I'm an Old People person

This is my theory:

New People people - Are excited about new people and put time, effort, resources and the needs of new and interesting people first. You start off at #1 and slowly slide down the priority list over time.

Old People people - Are drawn to security and stability in friendships. They put time, effort, resources and the needs of proven people first. You start at the bottom of their list and gain priority over time.

Just a personal observation.
    I like this way of putting it! I think I'm an extremes gal. I like new people, I like old people, but I don't want to bother with anything in between.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

I don't get bored with people I get exhausted.
    ~luck favors the ready~

Shameless Self-Promotion:MDP2525's Den and the Start of Motorcycle Maintenance

Enneagram
    4w5

Anyone else ever enthusiastically write and essays worth of thoughts about a certain subject, only to read it, realize it sucks, and then delete it all?

In a way, that's how I am with people.