User Tag List

First 12345 Last

Results 21 to 30 of 43

  1. #21
    meat popsicle r.a's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    MBTI
    STFU
    Posts
    496

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Moonstone3 View Post
    They like competition. Outwardly or subtle.
    where did you learn this? does not apply to me or any other infj i know. i handle competition by pretending or believing it does not exist. its a mechanism i use because i fucking hate people's competative nature.

    COLLABORATION.

    not competition.

    i think infj's favor evolution.
    "All authority of any kind, especially in the field of thought and understanding, is destructive and evil. Leaders destroy the followers and the followers destroy the leaders. You have to be your own teacher and your own disciple. You have to question everything that man has accepted as valuable, as necessary."
    -
    J.Krishnamurti

  2. #22
    Senior Member mochajava's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Posts
    478

    Default

    ::raises hand tentatively::

    I find my brain getting competitive and comparing. With everything. Ridiculous things like yoga or if you're dressed well or not (not to mention more obvious ones like test scores and all). I'm growing out of it now... but it's just this underlying thing. But, as I caveat everything I say, this might have a lot to do with upbringing / environment (all highly competitive for me; I thought that's what it took to succeed) rather than type.

  3. #23
    Junior Member stellachiara's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w9
    Socionics
    INFj
    Posts
    19

    Default

    INFJs like having their insights respected and listened to.
    INFJs like being responded to as genuinely as they approach others.
    INFJs like being gently teased into being less serious.
    INFJs like when people give them time and patience while they struggle to verbalize their intuitive insights.
    INFJs like being made to feel like part of the group -- it happens so rarely

    INFJs don't like to be pushed into participating in social events.
    INFJs don't like advice from people whose opinion they don't respect.
    INFJs don't like disharmonious and conflictful environments.
    INFJs don't like being inauthentic, ever.
    INFJS don't like people who constantly talk and never give a moment's peace.
    Last edited by stellachiara; 08-17-2010 at 03:15 AM. Reason: grammar error

  4. #24
    Senior Member ItsAGuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    ILI
    Posts
    156

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Valerie View Post
    All I can say is that it's wonderful that the world has male INFJ's. I can't stand all those guys who think you have to kill, argue, and win everything to be a guy.
    =D ... I kind of agree, sorta... but it's a bit of an isolating to be, too =P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  5. #25
    Senior Member ItsAGuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    ILI
    Posts
    156

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mochajava View Post
    There's a lot of social conditioning around the behaviors you've described. Those guys might be INFJs, you never know...!
    Could be, could be... I've always believed it comes down to nature ~and~ nuture.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  6. #26
    Senior Member mochajava's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Posts
    478

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by stellachiara View Post
    INFJs like having their insights respected and listened to.
    INFJs like being responded to as genuinely as they approach others.
    INFJs like being gently teased into being less serious.
    INFJs like when people give them time and patience while they struggle to verbalize their intuitive insights.
    INFJs like being made to feel like part of the group -- it happens so rarely

    INFJs don't like to be pushed into participating in social events.
    INFJs don't like advice from people whose opinion they don't respect.
    INFJs don't like disharmonious and conflictful environments.
    INFJs don't like being inauthentic, ever.
    INFJS don't like people who constantly talk and never give a moment's peace.
    I'm 100% with you on all of these!

  7. #27
    Senior Member ItsAGuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    ILI
    Posts
    156

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mochajava View Post
    I'm 100% with you on all of these!
    Same; all works for this INFJ. I also dislike small talk since it comes off as inauthentic.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  8. #28
    Member Fenekk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Socionics
    EII
    Posts
    53

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by r.a View Post
    where did you learn this? does not apply to me or any other infj i know. i handle competition by pretending or believing it does not exist. its a mechanism i use because i fucking hate people's competative nature.

    COLLABORATION.

    not competition.

    i think infj's favor evolution.
    Competition sucks so much. I hated competition so much that even as a child, I hated games. My dad was highly competitive, too.

    That reminds me, I really, really hate being embarrassed, and it's annoying because I kind of "make myself embarrassed" when I don't need to be sometimes.

    What do you mean by INFJs favoring evolution? To my understanding INFJs are spiritual people whereas evolution is not at all a spiritual belief. I don't believe in it, personally (for humans anyway, animals are a different story).
    NaNoWriMo 2010 [[Nahe: Iveor]]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  9. #29
    Senior Member ItsAGuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    ILI
    Posts
    156

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fenekk View Post
    Competition sucks so much. I hated competition so much that even as a child, I hated games. My dad was highly competitive, too.

    That reminds me, I really, really hate being embarrassed, and it's annoying because I kind of "make myself embarrassed" when I don't need to be sometimes.

    What do you mean by INFJs favoring evolution? To my understanding INFJs are spiritual people whereas evolution is not at all a spiritual belief. I don't believe in it, personally (for humans anyway, animals are a different story).
    This INFJ believes in evolution =)

    And HEY, a NaNo!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  10. #30
    Senior Member mochajava's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Posts
    478

    Default

    Wait, do we mean evolution as in... evolution vs. creationism? Or evolution vs. revolution? or personally evolving into something better / more enlightened / stronger, whatever?

Similar Threads

  1. What do you like most and least about INTJs and INTPs
    By yupitsme in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 01-06-2016, 04:57 PM
  2. [INTJ] INTJs, how do you express your likes and dislikes?
    By Sizzling Berry in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 11-23-2011, 08:25 PM
  3. [ENFP] ENFP and ENFJ Males: What do you like/dislike about them?
    By Venom in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 08-09-2010, 01:54 AM
  4. [NF] Why do (if they do) INFJ's and INFP's like each other?
    By hopeseed in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 04-25-2009, 02:45 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO