User Tag List

First 34567 Last

Results 41 to 50 of 99

  1. #41
    Senior Member Onceajoan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2
    Posts
    242

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by angell_m View Post
    You've known eachother for years, and he's not repulsed by you, obviously, so it's safe to say that you could even shove your hands down his pants. But, yeah, go for the kiss. You will get the same reaction anyway.
    hahaha over the hands comment. But you know, if I tried that, I could be disappointed by what I find. Then it would be all over in a moment. No subtly or build up in that move.

    BTW: I would never talk to this INFP guy in this manner. Being crude would probably turn him off. But if we were to become more intimate, who knows?

  2. #42
    Senior Member Onceajoan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2
    Posts
    242

    Default

    Originally Posted by OnceaJoan

    What does eyegazing mean to you (INFPs)? Does it signify love, attraction, appreciation, longing? What is its specific meaning?


    Originally Posted by Angel M.

    In my mind, if I stare into a girl's eyes, it means that I'm trying to be a douchebag who thinks he can pick up girls just by staring into their eyes. If I stare into guy's eyes, it means that I'm trying to be a macho man, picking fights. So I don't make a habbit of staring into people's eyes, because I don't like the possibility of it being misinterpretated.


    Response by OnceaJoan

    Yeah. I can see that many men use this as a pick up strategy. It really turns me off. There are also those eye parties where strangers gather to stare at each other in hopes of making a connection. Maybe that does something for others, but I'm very uncomfortable with the idea of staring into the eyes of someone I really don't know. If a guy did that to me on the first couple of dates, I wouldn't like it either because of its intimate connotations. Big turn off. It seems like a manipulative way for a guy to get inside of me. Very cheesy. Still, I don't think an INFP guy would use that strategy because they tend to be more honest. Am I wrong?


    Originally Posted by Onceajoan

    Is it possible to fall in love with someone you don't really know?


    Originally posted by Angell M.

    Now you're talking my language. And I'll just go right ahead and say it; Yes. I'm exceptionally good at "falling," crashing, and burning.


    Response by OnceaJoan

    Yeah. But how do you know it's love and not infatuation. How do you know that you know someone? Is it a feeling? Or a collection of facts and information?

    Originally Posted by Onceajoan
    Any advice about whether I should say something about the eye gazing or leave it alone?


    Originally posted by Angell M.
    If you ask him the wrong way, and he thinks you'll reject him, he's going to lie to you by saying "No, no, if I stared into your eyes it doesn't mean a thing. I wouldn't think about ruining our friendship," and then he would smile on the outside, while killing himself slowly on the inside.


    Response by OnceaJoan

    Yeah. I do think that's a possibility if he chickens out once confronted. I understand INFPs are good at saying or doing one thing under pressure while feeling something else inside and later regreting it. I probably never know.


    Quote Originally Posted by Mask Manifest View Post
    There is a moment when you're looking into someone's eyes who you're attracted to and that desire is understood deeper than words could explain.


    Yeah. This is a big revelation to me (although it might seem obvious to other who have experienced it before). It's amazing how much closer I feel to him after this relatively short experience. It felt spiritual (and I don't consider myself to be a really spiritual person). As I said before, the experience overwhelmed me in a plesureable way - but it was also VERY, VERY SCARY!

    He really wants to understand me. I mean everything about me - the good, the bad and the ugly. I could see it in his eyes. An openness and curiosity about who I am. This is significant to me because prior to this I was in a long term relationship with a guy who treated me as if I didn't exist - as if I was invisible.

    I was also treated as if I was invisible as a child. I had a very difficult, abusive childhood with a mentally ill mother. I have had reoccurring dreams about being invisible. With this guy, he sees me (literally) and there's nowhere to hide. I've been stripped.

  3. #43
    Epiphany
    Guest

    Default

    I should point out that all of the above quotes except for the last one, which you quoted me as saying, were actually stated by angell_m.

  4. #44
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4
    Posts
    12

    Default

    Do you think that if the eye gazing was intense for one, it was also significant for the other?
    Most likely
    What does eyegazing mean to you (INFPs)? Does it signify love, attraction, appreciation, longing? What is its specific meaning?
    For me, there is no specific meaning. It could mean one or all of the above. I guess the most important thing it signifies is that he's comfortable around you and enjoys being with you.
    Is it possible to fall in love with someone you don't really know?
    Yes! You should get to know him better though.
    Any advice about whether I should say something about the eye gazing or leave it alone?
    Saying something about it would be awkward (methinks). Just take it as a sign that he likes you even if he seems reticent.

  5. #45
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    MBTI
    eNxp
    Enneagram
    5/7
    Socionics
    eii
    Posts
    849

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Onceajoan View Post
    Hmmm. What is divine suggestion? I'm unfamiliar with the term and there seems to be no internet reference for it. Help me out.
    This might make me sound tacky and new-agey, but I believe the elements that are beyond our control have a force of its own, their own voice. And they speak to us in various ways, also very subtlely (and I know how much you hate subtlety :P ), so you just have to pay extra special attention to what's going on. Even the conversation I'm having with you right now, I believe, is the universe trying to guide me through something that's been on my mind (which I'll explain later in my next response). I think it's something my fellow INFPs can understand, seeing the world in this way.

    Quote Originally Posted by Onceajoan View Post
    Yeah. Stating the obvious here. But the problem is when the girl of interest doesn't pick up on your subtlties and fools herself into believing its her imagination. Also, is slow and subtle always the right approach for an INFP to take? Could you live with yourself if you were slow and subtle only to lose the girl because she became bored or lost her interest out of frustration? Even though you thought she was the one, would you live without regrets because part was meant to be as part of the "slow and subtle" approach? Would she turn out to be not be the one (or ideal) because she lost interest or misunderstood you? Do you ever question where you adopt "slow and subtle" because it's safer rather than because of its effectiveness?
    Well, believe it or not, my slow and subtle approach came out of finding a balance point, as usually, I'd be TOO direct with people. I grew up with an INFJ mother in a household that was quite conflict ridden and everyone would just twitch in anticipation just to call someone else out on something. So I guess you can say, I picked up on it a little bit? As careful as I'd like to be, I value courage in myself even more and I can honestly say in my life that there has never been an opportunity, romantically that is, where I was too timid or shy to have ruined the chance to be with someone. It's something I really like about myself - I definitely don't let fear become a factor.

    I guess I emphasize slow and subtle in approaching someone because it's the latest way I've approached someone I fell pretty hard for. It was an online thing, so there's lots of room for miscommunication there. Unfortunately, it didn't work out, (it seems she wasn't interested in me) but there was no way (she was an INFP as well) that she didn't know I liked her and was interested in being closer to her. Or at least, I'd be very very very surprised if she didn't.

    So this is to say, I adjust my approach to the person, just as you're adjusting your approach to your INFP, and being as thoughtful as talking to other INFPs in an MBTI forum before you make your move is definitely the right way to go. With the ISFJs I've loved in the past, I was very clear, literal, and direct (yet mindful of their feelings) because that's the way THEY communicate. So yeah, just single-mindedly taking one approach to everything I think just doesn't work - adapt, adapt, adapt. I may have been unintentionally misleading in my previous posts about this.

    Quote Originally Posted by Onceajoan View Post
    Okay. Maybe I am getting a little aggressive here - but I disagree. There's always a test. Not necessarily in a manipulative or calculated way. But I think people have wants (desires) and needs that are evident to themselves (sometimes unconsciously)and they look to others to fullfill some of these needs and desires. It may be argued that this is purely selfish. Love is suppose to be about giving of oneself freely without expectations of return. But I don't really think that happens much. When seeking a partner or lover, people generally look to find someone who fits their ideal. This is a test. If it wasn't a test no one would ever flunk. I agree about chemistry. Although it's hard to define, I think it means something for me too. In most any serious relationship, of course, there's a leap of faith because you can never really know a person, know you can truly trust them not to hurt you (you might think so, but not know). So you trust your instincts. So. I pretty much agree except for the "testing" part. I would even argue that INFPs test more than others because they're more idealistic and picky. Of course, I can't speak for you. I'm just responding to you as I think an INFP would behave. But I know it's not really fair to you. Please forgive me and don't take my comments too seriously since I'm talking on the fly and don't know what I'm talking about.
    Fair enough. For me, I used to do this kind of testing you're talking about. Dreaming about the ideal girl, and doing a overlay of this ideal girl on a real girl and seeing how well the two pieces fit. But somewhere along the way, I realized something that was and is pretty much at the center of who I am:

    So what if I get lucky and I meet that PERFECT woman? What makes me think that this PERFECT woman is going to be interested in me? That's when I realized something big: if I want to be with the PERFECT woman, then I have to be the PERFECT man. Much of my life since then has been about constructing this idea of what the perfect man would be like and then becoming that man. Have I achieved this goal? It's tough to say. It's an exhausting and painful endeavor and somewhere along the way, I literally tapped out. I don't believe I've failed, but I'm not fully comfortably saying that I succeeded. Oh, and this is not to say I wanted to be the perfect man for everyone. Definitely not the case and I'm not even sure I'd want that. This is to be the perfect man for MY perfect woman.

    So to answer your question more directly, I'm at a place where I'm just way too tired to do any "testing." Tough to believe, but it's true nonetheless. So I just let things happen as they may happen and I react accordingly, for lack of a better expression.

    Also, there's absolutely no need to apologize. You ask great questions that force me to re-evaluate myself and the things I'm saying. That's something I always appreciate.

    Quote Originally Posted by Onceajoan View Post
    Is slow and subtle always the right approach? Could you live with yourself if you were slow and subtle only to lose the girl because she became bored or lost her interest. Even though you thought she was the one. Or would she not be the one because she lost interest?
    I've started to wonder whether the girl I fell for online is pondering these same questions. No matter how hard I think about it, and how hard I search for any hints in our history that she may have even been remotely interested in me, or re-construct different possibilities and scenarios in my head, the answer, in the end, is pretty clear. She's not interested. It may be because she's had such terrible relationship experiences that she's deathly afraid of new ones. Or she's not interested in me directly. Or she took the slow and subtle approach at a DEAD SLOW pace, though the last one seems very unlikely to me. Either way, she had to know I liked her - it was pretty obvious, just take my word for it on that one. I was hoping if she was afraid, she'd feel more at ease if she knew my feelings for her. You might suggest I find out for sure, but it's too late now. She's gone and I also have no idea who she is, what she looks like, where she lives, contact info, etc.

    I had been wrestling with the possibility that maybe she did like me and I had pretty much cut her off. This thought horrifies me as that means I hurt her, but even as I write this, I know I made the right decision. I think my conversations with you has helped me realize this as well. For whatever reason, she just wasn't interested and the choice I made was the best decision to make.


    Quote Originally Posted by Onceajoan View Post
    I need to learn to float down river. I'm trying. But I keep flailing my arms or sinking.
    Maybe the guy you're interested in can help you in this department.

  6. #46
    Senior Member Onceajoan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2
    Posts
    242

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mask Manifest View Post
    I should point out that all of the above quotes except for the last one, which you quoted me as saying, were actually stated by angell_m.
    I'm sorry Mask Manifest (intriguing name, BTW) and Angell_M. I'm not sure how I did that. Mask, thanks for clearing that up.

    UPDATE: I have since corrected my error. See 4 posts above, if interested.

    ^^^^
    Last edited by Onceajoan; 08-13-2010 at 08:09 PM. Reason: fixing previous mistake

  7. #47
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    MBTI
    IxFx
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Posts
    859

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Onceajoan View Post
    I would never talk to this INFP guy in this manner. Being crude would probably turn him off. But if we were to become more intimate, who knows?
    We're all different.

    I would not be turned off by voluptuosity though. I would encourage it. There's
    nothing like having a girl you know well suddenly reach down, grab, and whisper
    "I want you, now," in your ear. Unless, of course, I'm reserved for somebody
    else, then it would probably freak me out because I value staying loyal to my
    cause (wanting to date someone / trying to date someone / dating someone).
    If you happened to be -that- girl then you would pretty much not be able to
    fuck it up.

  8. #48
    Senior Member Onceajoan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2
    Posts
    242

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by angell_m View Post
    We're all different.

    I would not be turned off by voluptuosity though. I would encourage it. There's
    nothing like having a girl you know well suddenly reach down, grab, and whisper
    "I want you, now," in your ear. Unless, of course, I'm reserved for somebody
    else, then it would probably freak me out because I value staying loyal to my
    cause (wanting to date someone / trying to date someone / dating someone).
    If you happened to be -that- girl then you would pretty much not be able to
    fuck it up.
    Although I definitely have some curves, I wouldn't describe myself as voluptuous. So, I guess I'm out of luck.

    "I want you, now" (said in a deep, sensual way) makes me laugh hysterically. idk. I just can't fathom it. idk. maybe. I get more like that once I'm comfortable in a relationship. The longer the relationship the dirtier I become. It requires some priming though. Then, anything goes (well almost anything).

    I'm starting to think that maybe infps go for dominatrix types a la The Matrix. Maybe I should start planning for Holloween.

    (Please note: I'm in fantasy mode only here ^^^^)

    Questions for INFPs (if you care to respond)

    Do you think that INFPs like to be dominated?

    Are INFPs kinky types?

  9. #49
    Epiphany
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Onceajoan View Post
    I'm starting to think that maybe infps go for dominatrix types a la The Matrix. Maybe I should start planning for Holloween.

    (Please note: I'm in fantasy mode only here ^^^^)

    Questions for INFPs (if you care to respond)

    Do you think that INFPs like to be dominated?

    Are INFPs kinky types?
    Go for this look and he'll be your "pussy" slave.




    Meoww!


  10. #50
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    MBTI
    eNxp
    Enneagram
    5/7
    Socionics
    eii
    Posts
    849

    Default

    I think it's likely INFPs like to be dominated, given our profile - but I actually don't like it all. As far as kinkiness is concerned, I'd say INFPs in general probably aren't.

    The only time I ever personally wanted a sexual relationship to be kinky was when the actual relationship underlying it was crumbling. Kind of replacing the diminishing love with increased sexual perversity as a last-ditch attempt at saving the relationship.

Similar Threads

  1. [ENFJ] INFP (male) & ENFJ (female) - Advice?
    By Adasta in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 10-28-2010, 07:18 AM
  2. [NF] INFJ and INFP males: What do you hate/love about them?
    By jtanSis1 in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 70
    Last Post: 08-17-2010, 04:14 PM
  3. [INFP] Questions for INFPs about INFPs
    By marm in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 01-02-2010, 01:48 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO