• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFP] Question for INFPs - Ideal Mate?

SecondBest

Permabanned
MBTI Type
eNxp
Enneagram
5/7
Just wondering what MBTI your ideal mate would be?

Mine would be INFP. I have certain TJ tendencies that might balance out the relationship if the other INFP was a bit overemotional or disorganized, but yeah...

If anyone of you follow Pomplamoosemusic on youtube, I think Jack and Nataly are definitely both INFPs and they seem to get along great. I mean, to me, that's just the ideal relationship. None of the overly gushy romantic stuff, just a simple look into each other's eyes like they're sharing a secret no one else knows.

And plus they make wonderful music together. Can't get much better than that.

YouTube - PomplamooseMusic's Channel

musicnerd93

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
I'm also within the minority of INFP's who would like to date another INFP. I don't care if there's too much emotion or no balance. I don't agree with that whole "You need to date someone who is opposite of you because you balance eachother out" thing. That's a load of bull to me. I mean, fine, call me boring and unadventurous for wanting to date someone like myself, I don't care.

Anyway, I also wouldn't mind being in a relationship with:
-ENFP
-ISFP
-INTP
-INFJ
-ISTP

Snuggletron

Reptilian
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
INFP too actually. Recently I had an involvement with another INFP but something unexpected happened and so it got extinguished... Once feelings toward another are made clear that both INFPs like each other enough to pursue something more, I don't see too many problems arising besides responsibility-related ones...in time other things might arise but that is what's normal. For what my experience was, it was very rewarding, it is hard not to miss it.

SecondBest

Permabanned
MBTI Type
eNxp
Enneagram
5/7
I'm also within the minority of INFP's who would like to date another INFP.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks this and I actually had no idea that this is considered a minority opinion.

But it makes sense though doesn't it? What better way to have a true union of souls than to bring together two open-minded intuitive compassionate people together? INFPs or ENFPs are lucky in that sense, don't you think?

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I've read that INFP, INFJ, and INTP are the types most likely to marry someone of the same type. INFP-INFP isn't as rare as you might think, and seems to work well for many of those that desire that type of connection.

I don't think I could date another Fi dom. I'd also have a very hard time with an ISTP in a long term relationship. Outside of that, I'm far more picky about the person than I am about the type.

...in time other things might arise but that is what's normal.

*snicker*

SecondBest

Permabanned
MBTI Type
eNxp
Enneagram
5/7
Outside of that, I'm far more picky about the person than I am about the type.

*snicker*

Fair enough. I very much agree. This type-based question was more out of curiosity, but yeah I'm also very very picky about the actual person. A person's value system, what decisions they have made in the past, how they've reflected and learned from those decisions, and how they make decisions now are of much greater importance.

For me, MBTI type is to a human being as breed is to a dog.

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
The ideal does not exist... Just nice developmental possibilities.

SecondBest

Permabanned
MBTI Type
eNxp
Enneagram
5/7
The ideal does not exist... Just nice developmental possibilities.

Fair enough. This is more of a poll than anything else to see if other INFPs feel the same way I do.

Personally, I've had it with developmental possibilities and just self-improvement in general. Just want a person I can enjoy my life with. :p

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Fair enough. This is more of a poll than anything else to see if other INFPs feel the same way I do.

Personally, I've had it with developmental possibilities and just self-improvement in general. Just want a person I can enjoy my life with. :p

I'm not talking about you're development. I have yet to find a type I can "just enjoy my life with".

SecondBest

Permabanned
MBTI Type
eNxp
Enneagram
5/7
I'm not talking about you're development. I have yet to find a type I can "just enjoy my life with".

I didn't mean for my statement about development to be a direct response to what you said necessarily, it was more of a "that-triggered-a-thought" kind of thing. It's just that I've spent so much of my life trying to find ways to improve myself that now I'm just freaking exhausted and don't care about it anymore.

musicnerd93

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks this and I actually had no idea that this is considered a minority opinion.

But it makes sense though doesn't it? What better way to have a true union of souls than to bring together two open-minded intuitive compassionate people together? INFPs or ENFPs are lucky in that sense, don't you think?

Well, most typology sites I've looked at are always telling me to date someone of my opposite type, or a thinker. Even though I wouldn't mind dating an INTP, maybe, it really is kind of annoying. :steam: I mean, sure, balance is good, but you still want someone who has SOMETHING in common with you.

That's exactly what I think too! I mean sensitivity and understanding are very important things in a mate, atleast to me. If the other feels emotions as strongly as I do, then I think they would be a nice person to have around. I want someone who is on my wavelength and who I have a very interesting connection with. An INFP-INFP relationship would be just perfect if that's what you're after! :wubbie:

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
i had a short little kinda-relationship (it was a summer thing) with an INFP once. it was unicorns and wonderfulness. i enjoyed every second of it.

the problem that i had was that my INFP was very good at comforting me but not very good with giving me a kick in the ass to get going when i needed it. same thing with another ENFP i went out with for a while. but, that may be an E need... i need to get out of my own head or i get restless and trapped in a cycle of unproductivity.

if INFP-INFP works for you guys i am very happy for you!! :)

SecondBest

Permabanned
MBTI Type
eNxp
Enneagram
5/7
the problem that i had was that my INFP was very good at comforting me but not very good with giving me a kick in the ass to get going when i needed it. same thing with another ENFP i went out with for a while. but, that may be an E need... i need to get out of my own head or i get restless and trapped in a cycle of unproductivity.

You bring up a really good point. I'd like to think in my case that I could be the one to give her the kick in the ass she might need every once in awhile. I could also be this seeing a problem where both people lose sight of reality and get caught up in a cycle of mutual comforting when something bad happens without really going after what's truly going on in the situation. but maybe this all depends on factors beyond personality? Not sure.

SecondBest

Permabanned
MBTI Type
eNxp
Enneagram
5/7
Well, most typology sites I've looked at are always telling me to date someone of my opposite type, or a thinker. Even though I wouldn't mind dating an INTP, maybe, it really is kind of annoying. :steam: I mean, sure, balance is good, but you still want someone who has SOMETHING in common with you.

That's exactly what I think too! I mean sensitivity and understanding are very important things in a mate, atleast to me. If the other feels emotions as strongly as I do, then I think they would be a nice person to have around. I want someone who is on my wavelength and who I have a very interesting connection with. An INFP-INFP relationship would be just perfect if that's what you're after! :wubbie:

I think early on in life, those balancing relationships are good for you. But later on, you start to feel balanced enough and just want to be in a place of comfort. Balancing yourself out can be painful. Or at least that's what I think.

And I'm so glad we agree on the INFP-INFP relationship. :)

Rebe

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4sop
I can't fathom wanting to be with another INFP, or even another NF. I do agree that it is largely up to the individual as to which type would suit you best ideally. I am one of those people who likes opposites, not to say that it is ideal. For me, an NF and I would clash eventually. I have very strong opinionated traits, like horns, that come out of nowhere. I need someone who would roll with it. Also I am extremely, extremely sensitive to others' moods and emotions, not necessarily in an sympathetic way, it annoys me and I can't deal with it. I think for me, I have a bias because I grew up with a roller coaster of an ENFJ. It's unbearable for me to deal with her moods and emotions and need for coddling. That's my opinion and logic so far; I might change my mind, who knows. :smoke:

cosmik

MBTI Type
INFP
I'm "talking" to an INFP right now, and we seem to be clicking, so far...

For me, the types I'm most attracted to are NF types... INFP, INFJ, ENFJ... not so much ENFP though.

I was in a relationship for 4 years with an INTP and it was not pretty. Lots of drama and anger and misunderstandings. I don't think I could ever date a non-feeling type after him.

Also, Sensors never gave me a good relationship vibe. It's like they're aliens or something. I can be great friends with one, but I feel like I'm on a different planet than them sometimes.

SecondBest

Permabanned
MBTI Type
eNxp
Enneagram
5/7
Yeah, that's the one aspect of NF relationship that could be potentially be bad. But I think the things you might be talking about are independent of personality. Neediness and emotional dependence may be more common with NFs but definitely not always the case, IMO.

I have a friend who's an INTP and we get along pretty damn well. Romantically, I've never been with an INTP, but I could imagine it being troublesome.

And cosmik, I totally agree with you on the Sensors. In my experience, having been seriously romantically involved with two ISFJs, it's the most frustrating thing in the world. The biggest problem was in how often we misunderstand each other and miscommunicate. I'm shaking my head right now just thinking about it.

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
So basically all you INFPs are the inbred rednecks of MBTI. :devil: