• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFP] Question for INFPs - Ideal Mate?

Kibou-chan

MBTI Type
INFP
If I remember right, I'm quite clearly N. I think that the one that got close to fifty-fifty on some tests was I-E and I am sure I have never scored S on any test...

Do you remember approximately what percentage you got of N compared to S? Was it quite high or just moderate? This is probably completely irrelevant, but darn it, I'm gonna beat this subject to death. :ranting:

Soooo, anywaaay... INFJs are pretty cute... *desperate attempt to salvage the thread*

nolla

Senor Membrane
MBTI Type
INFP
Do you remember approximately what percentage you got of N compared to S? Was it quite high or just moderate? This is probably completely irrelevant, but darn it, I'm gonna beat this subject to death. :ranting:

Heh... Ok, I went to dig up some of those test results (good thing we have that online test forum here) and I found three different tests... Two of them say my N is 100% and one 62,5%. Funny thing that two of them also say I am extrovert... :shrug: I only remembered it has been close a couple of times...

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
My ideal mate would be an INFP with similar Fi beleifs; someone who sees the world in much the same way I do and shares the same desires to improve it. Unfortunately for me I have never met any INFP women :(

Kibou-chan

MBTI Type
INFP
Heh... Ok, I went to dig up some of those test results (good thing we have that online test forum here) and I found three different tests... Two of them say my N is 100% and one 62,5%. Funny thing that two of them also say I am extrovert... :shrug: I only remembered it has been close a couple of times...

Well, there goes my theory. *explosion* :doh:

nolla

Senor Membrane
MBTI Type
INFP
Well, I'm only one person, and who trusts those tests anyway... :yes:

rowingineden

MBTI Type
iNfp
Enneagram
9w1
I think I'll go with ENTP or ENFJ. I'd prefer the other person to be an extrovert because I am sick of it being my job to run everything socially (which it has been dating introverts). Likewise, I don't want to have to be the dominant/tough one all the time. So, dating a T or a J would help even things out, I think. However, I don't think I could do T and J at once, because it would be annoying as hell to me. I relate better to Ns. Therefore, ENTP or ENFJ it is.

Thessaly

I drink your milkshake.
MBTI Type
xNFP
Enneagram
3w4
Anyone with traditional masculine qualities and well developed Fe. I'm not sure what my ideal is, but I seem to have the best chemistry with extroverts and I need another intuitive. To keep things open wide I'll go with ENxx, but it's no secret I fawn over ENFJs and ENTPs.

E

Epiphany

Not sure. I don't like to put people in boxes...except for Dwight Schrute because he thinks he's a spy. That was a curveball to the inside.

I would probably get along better with an NF, but it really depends on their individuality.

Lily flower

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Personally, I've had it with developmental possibilities and just self-improvement in general. Just want a person I can enjoy my life with. :p

Oh, I totally agree with this! If I want to have self-improvement, I will read a book or join a group. But when it comes to living with someone day-in and day-out, the more similarity and the less conflict, means a better life to me! I don't want a partner to improve me; I want a partner to be comfortable around.

tkae.

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
My ideal mate would be someone that's decent enough to always be nice to me and to coddle me, but strong and prickly enough to protect me from everyone else.

I don't necessarily (or really) want anyone that's perfect. They just have to be willing to try to be nice. And who keeps the differences between us from hurting me when I don't have the energy to adapt to them. Like, they don't have to be flawless.

They also need to be responsible and not mind picking up after me, because I'm seriously a big enough pig to count for two people :blushing:

Honestly, I'd be living out of a cardboard box somewhere on the streets if it weren't for some of the responsible people in my life to take care of me :cry:

So... every time I take a "what type do you want" quiz, it always comes out as ISTJ. And I guess it works out pretty well -- they're good with the responsibility stuff and I'm good with... something? :shock:

The only thing is though... well, they're assholes. Not all the time. But... well, you guys know. They're awesome people, don't get me wrong. They just have a tendency to say asshole things and do asshole stuff. And they're totally oblivious as to why it's wrong :doh:

An INTJ wouldn't be so bad, I think. Except that they're like ISTJs, but assholes about completely different things... you know, logic :shock:

Idk. I want someone quiet and strong, but warm and fuzzy on the inside. That's kind of a challenge, but knows when to take care of me when I need it.

... because there's totally people out there like that :doh:

thinkling

MBTI Type
INFP
I hear you, Kibou-chan. I've found that the dynamic I have with Ss is ENTIRELY different from that with Ns. I have had a few friends who are Ss, but we related on a different level from my N friends. We like each other and share some interests, but we don't understand each other. It lacks a fluency and there's a stiltedness to it that never seems to really disappear. I often feel like Ss see me as a curiosity. For my friends, I'm a sort of charming curiosity, a character perhaps.

This isn't to say that everything is understanding and rainbows with Ns, but just that there is an easiness with them that is absent (for me) with Ss (so far). I feel less like I'm an alien speaking another language about a different world with them. Of course, I think this has led to fights (when we're talking about the same world, it's easier to disagree on it) and strong feelings, but it's also where I've found my closest friends (even those with very different interests). But I'm a really extreme N who grew up surrounded by Ns (parents and siblings), so it may just be I'm bad at the language of Ss.

And applying this to dating. Erm. I've only really been in a relationship with an INTP (you know, where things go past a few dates and you can ask personality types). That relationship lasted three and a half years, most of them in some sort of intangible semantic state that appeared to those around us to be dating. It was great except when it wasn't. Our issues and our needs and how we expressed love and support were in complete conflict, but we shared a sense of humour and ethics and politics and the stuff that makes up the everyday. Love kept trying, but it can't conquer all.

All that is to say I think I'd go with perhaps an Nish person. But I'm not ruling out an S.

jtanSis1

MBTI Type
INFP
I would say that while an INFP would be nice, I end up being the dominant bad guy. I have to make most decisions, and not equal ones, so I say no. INTP is nice too but trying to get them away from science or trying to connect emotionally is annoying. INFJ seem ok but have a dark side that baffles me. I rarely meet ENFJ but seem to appreciate who they are and what they do, however trying to have them see me that way is another matter, but I'm curious about trying a relationship with one though.

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Oh, I totally agree with this! If I want to have self-improvement, I will read a book or join a group. But when it comes to living with someone day-in and day-out, the more similarity and the less conflict, means a better life to me! I don't want a partner to improve me; I want a partner to be comfortable around.

Took the words right out of my mouth :O Lily flower and SB.

Right on, let me stay me, accept what makes me and that will be returned. I don't want that either as in a partner to "improve" me. Like you said I'd want to know I could let go and be myself/relax with them. Not have to change who I am or what makes me happy. It would gladly be returned if sincerity is sensed. Comfy like a shoe that fits just right :laugh:. Though not necessarily "Comfy" in that sense because then that would get boring. But comfy where you can be yourself around the person and they to you.

All for similarity and less conflict in preferences,needs,wants and stuff.

Also agree with Thinkling not ruling out S but I think N (NF maybe?) would work out better possibly but that's not everything when considering relationship compatibility :).

:hifive:

Last edited:

rowingineden

MBTI Type
iNfp
Enneagram
9w1
Probably ENFJ or ENTP. Definitely extroverted, because introverts usually put me in charge of social situations because I'm somewhere from just moderately introverted to ambiverted, and it is really quite exhausting for me to run every conversation. TP seems like it might be a good idea, because I'd really like to be with someone with realistic ideas about romance/relationships, but still openminded and interested in experiencing more of the world than what they know. FJ seems like a good idea, because I could probably feel really safe with someone with FJ traits... I'm guessing. Plus, I like people who are motivated, but still very ethically oriented.

Serenes

MBTI Type
INFP
Hmmm, for mee maybe

INTJ, ISTJ - I admire them because they usually seem very intelligent, planned, and hardworking. From my experience with them, I really enjoy the INTJ's random sense of humor and openness to explore all kinds of ideas with me. ISTJs childlike silliness comes out to play when they are comfortable and I like to join in on their bright mood when that happens :D not to mention they are super duper dependable.. I feel safe with them!

xNFx- Feelers are can be very accommodating and kind, they show genuine interest in getting to know you and care. I think I've had some NF friends before because they just oozed this kindness that was pretty awesome.. it made me feel like I could open up and be myself immediately without being judged. I like them because they make me feel accepted very easily and emotionally protected. It's hard to explain exactly, but when I was with them, I just Felt like we'd get along and they were similar to me and that it was okay for me to be myself with them.

ISFJ - They sound nice. (I like nice people in general!)

I like the other types too but I prefer the (I) and (J) preferences because I think it would complement me. E's tend to tire me out as I feel like I can't keep up with them after awhile. J's are more ordered and have a plan which is the opposite of what I tend to be so that would help! I tend to be very accommodating so I would like someone who was confident and able to take the lead. And this might sound strange but... I think I prefer someone who is predictable most of the time! Probably because it's somewhat comforting to know that someone is consistent in their thoughts and actions. It may be exciting but I think I might go a little crazy with someone too unpredictable that I would always have to worry about what they'll do next.

Overall... I find that I tend to really Admire the TJs because of their intelligence and work ethic, and I like NF's because of their kind nature that I tend to gravitate towards.

Adasta

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
ENFJ is pretty good, but I wish they weren't so bossy and detail-oriented!