Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post
    ^ I don't get the NFP-NTJ thing actually. I've dated a few INTJs briefly and it was "meh". ENFJs, on the other hand, are like candy to me. Maybe that's not good for long term, but still....there's something natural about it.
    I'm dating an INFJ now & there's also a unique connection; we just get each other. I never had that with the INTJs; I always felt like an enigma. Although, I know it could've just been them as individuals.
    interesting, I've always found that NTJs are the only other type that seems to get me. my NTJ best friend feels the same way about NFPs. NFJs do not get me at all. they think they do and think that I have all the same values as they do...I don't
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

Level 8 Propaganda Bot SpankyMcFly's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    461 so/sx

Color me in for an INFP/INFP coupling.

Incoming rant:

My current wife is an ESFP. Those SP's have this live and let live attitude and are very irreverant/irrelevant which is fine at times, like when I take life or myself too seriously. Sometimes though I just want someone to validate me or entertain the idea that I might be right in taking something seriously, if only on a conversational/intellectual level. SJ's? HAhaha (falls off chair) This pretty much means no S's for me.

Rant Over.

I think SP's were "created" just to piss in the corn flakes of the SJ's and keep them in check. One group demanding their freedom & independence and the other trying to enforce the rules.
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... Some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age. " - H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    HUMR
    Enneagram
    6 sx
    Socionics
    iNfp Ni

I'm still unconvinced on my E/I pref.. so I'll chime in

I hear INFP-ENFJ pairing is ideal. I've been close friends with two ENFJ's.. lovely people.. could NEVER date one. Fe/Fi clash too strong.

I think that the idea of your opposite with the shared communication style may really be most functional for relations. ENFP-INTJ ... INFP/ENTJ etc.
    Unfortunately, there hasn't been many studies on this. We NEED more studies, behaviorists!

The few studies I do find show INFP/ESTJ and INFP/ISTJ as common pairings. Ofcours these studies are often done by groups focusing on relationship problems. MEH.

Edit: Also heard the INTJ-INFP dynamic mentioned a few times.
    Man suffers only because he takes seriously what the gods made for fun - Watts

Level 8 Propaganda Bot SpankyMcFly's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    461 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Huxley3112 View Post
    The few studies I do find show INFP/ESTJ and INFP/ISTJ as common pairings. Ofcours these studies are often done by groups focusing on relationship problems. MEH.

Edit: Also heard the INTJ-INFP dynamic mentioned a few times.
    I'd put money on the fact that they are assuming male T, female F.
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... Some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age. " - H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    HUMR
    Enneagram
    6 sx
    Socionics
    iNfp Ni

Quote Originally Posted by SpankyMcFly View Post
    I'd put money on the fact that they are assuming male T, female F.
    Maybe.

Bottom line, I can't BELIEVE there are not more studies focusing on long-term, happy relation pairings. wtf is that about? There are studies showing that 82% of people prefer their toilet paper to hang over the top instead of under. But life partner? Nah, that's of no importance.......
    Man suffers only because he takes seriously what the gods made for fun - Watts

Senor Membrane
    MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Huxley3112 View Post
    Bottom line, I can't BELIEVE there are not more studies focusing on long-term, happy relation pairings.
    That's because they're so hard to find. Statisticians get bored.

I drink your milkshake. Thessaly's Avatar
    MBTI
    xNFP
    Enneagram
    3w4

I really dig EPs....EPs never grow up....it's awesome.
    With dreamers, pure and simple, the imagination remains a vaguely sketched inner affair. It is not embodied in any aesthetic or practical invention. Reverie is the equivalent of weak desires. Dreamers are the aboulics of the creative imagination.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    ?
    Socionics
    INFj

I'd say an IXFJ for me. maybe ENFJ

Lately, I've been finding that I've always had a very unique relationships with all the INTJs I know. It feels like I can understand them on a very deep level, even though we approach the world in such different ways.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

I've been married for thirty-some years to an ENFP. At this stage I'm really happy I made that choice. It's just so relaxing and I've been able to get on and do things I wanted to do. I knew he would be open to me being a growing person. The downside is that neither of us is particularly practical - he handles the house, and I handle the money and we kind of get by. But the emotional warmth and acceptance is wonderful. Admittedly he's a very sunny ENFP, and that means a lot to me because it balances out my tendency towards dark moods.