User Tag List

First 56789 Last

Level 8 Propaganda Bot SpankyMcFly's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    461 so/sx

I have only been in 3 serious and long term relationships and I'm currently in one, sorta (long story, laff). As such the infos that I can share are based purely on analysis from a distance involving none of the finer nuances you only learn about when you are actually in a relationship with someone.

I found out about MBTI through an online dating website (OKCupid specifically). After discovering MBTI I started paying attention to wether or not people I found interesting had taken the MBTI and what their results were. It became a little game of me trying to guess their type by their profile then comparing that to the results. The following is based purely on information given to me by others in their online profile.

I found INFP's to be the best match by a good margin.
    INFJ's came in second.
    NT's came in 3rd.

There was only one female that sparked my interest that was not one of the above "types". Turns out she was an ISTJ accountant *boggle*.

P.S. My wife (seperated) is a very lovely ESTP , granted I want to snap her neck at times which she gets a kick out of... but yeah good stuff.
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... Some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age. " - H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

INTP, I think.

I drink your milkshake. Thessaly's Avatar
    MBTI
    xNFP
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by Adasta View Post
    ENFJ is pretty good, but I wish they weren't so bossy and detail-oriented!
    That's just women in general.
    With dreamers, pure and simple, the imagination remains a vaguely sketched inner affair. It is not embodied in any aesthetic or practical invention. Reverie is the equivalent of weak desires. Dreamers are the aboulics of the creative imagination.

It's hard for me to think about without dividing types into levels. Level 4 are types who I generally love being around and have rarely ever had problems with. Level 1 are people I've never been able connect with at all, and who just have too many traits which aren't compatible with me.

When I mention "Certain Circumstances", I'm talking about people having the known problems with their type under control and not leaking everywhere.

Level 4 - Very Much YES, Any Time At All
    ENFP
    INFP
    ISFP

Level 3 - Definate YES if Certain Circumstances Are Met
    INFJ (really on the borderline of Level 3 and 4)
    ENFJ
    ISTP
    ESTP
    INTP
    INTJ
    ENTP

Level 2 - Small Maybe if Certain Circumstances Are Met
    ESFP (on the border of Level 2 and 3)
    ENTJ
    ESFJ
    ISFJ

Level 1 - On Another Planet (I've never been able to relate to people on this level in the slightest)
    ISTJ
    ESTJ

One of the most important things for me is that I would like someone to take some of the load of being "Alpha-like" half of the time. I'm not going to live up to someone's vicarious daddy ideal. I admire strength in others myself. I would rather find an equal. Not someone who puts a bunch of pressure to take care of everything and "needs a man" all of the time or insults any of my sensitivities if I'm not Clint Eastwood or something every day of the week. I like women who basically don't care about what men can do for them.

Anew Leaf

I am a sucker for just about any ENTP

I have found their type to the best mix of intriguing/balance to my own. I don't have to play at being an extravert, I get to be my emotional self, and I get to enjoy their awesome calm and logic.

I just need to find my missing ENTP soulmate

I drink your milkshake. Thessaly's Avatar
    MBTI
    xNFP
    Enneagram
    3w4

I hears ya!
    With dreamers, pure and simple, the imagination remains a vaguely sketched inner affair. It is not embodied in any aesthetic or practical invention. Reverie is the equivalent of weak desires. Dreamers are the aboulics of the creative imagination.

I seem to be only ever attracted to INxPs, ENTPs (e6) and ENFJs (e4). Its pretty damn consistent...

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

I could see an INFP working well with:
    1) INTJ
    2) ENFP
    3) ESFP
    4) ENTJ (if you're dealing with a confident INFP and a gentle, caring ENTJ, then it could work and probably have wonderful chemistry)
    - I don't know what it is about NFPs and NTJs, but we seem to get things about each other that other types seem to miss (most of the NFPs I know seem much more similar to NTJs than to either NFJs or NTPs
    - I don't really see an INFP working well with an FJ. they may look similar on the outside, but they would probably have trouble understanding each other
    PS: I don't have a ton of experience with dating and I realize that this is a loose generalization at best, so please feel free to fill me in if I'm missing something

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

^ I don't get the NFP-NTJ thing actually. I've dated a few INTJs briefly and it was "meh". ENFJs, on the other hand, are like candy to me. Maybe that's not good for long term, but still....there's something natural about it.
    I'm dating an INFJ now & there's also a unique connection; we just get each other. I never had that with the INTJs; I always felt like an enigma. Although, I know it could've just been them as individuals.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe