User Tag List

First 12345 Last

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

I pet INFPs like cuddly little kittens. And by comparing you ALL to cuddly kittens, I'm wise enough to know that I have both judged and maybe even insulted all of you guys.
    Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?

Banned
    MBTI
    eNxp
    Enneagram
    5/7
    Socionics
    eii

Quote Originally Posted by kyuuei View Post
    So basically all you INFPs are the inbred rednecks of MBTI.
    Damn straight.

I don't mind being referred to as a kitten.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by SecondBest View Post
    You bring up a really good point. I'd like to think in my case that I could be the one to give her the kick in the ass she might need every once in awhile. I could also be this seeing a problem where both people lose sight of reality and get caught up in a cycle of mutual comforting when something bad happens without really going after what's truly going on in the situation. but maybe this all depends on factors beyond personality? Not sure.
    right, exactly. the relationship was bunnies and kittens and removed from reality in regards to anything that was less than ideal, like work or current news. we'd just ignore it, or try to rebel in our own snarky little ways (we worked at the same place, though in different departments.) and i don't know if it was nfp-nfp, or just us, but it couldn't last. i got really tired from always needing to be the "in charge", logical, and organized person too. i suspect this came from him being more F and P than me, but it was an important realization...

i think that in a relationship with anyone who shares any of your letters, it's gonna be essential that there's some divisions of the burden that comes along with lacking a strong other letter. like for two Fs, it can be very helpful if one is Fe and the other is Fi (or very confounding, lol.) or, i should say, it's helpful in interacting with the outer world if your other is Fe, if you are Fi, but it can make dealing with one another more difficult. the downside if you're both Fi is that someone's gotta deal with both social relations (Fe) and using logic (T). i actually see this dilemma most clearly in terms of J-P. a natural P always having to take on a J frame is exhausting. good for development, but eventually very tiresome.

but anyway, not to crash the INFP-INFP thread. i was just enjoying remembering my NFP^2 relationship

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

Quote Originally Posted by Funkadelic View Post
    I pet INFPs like cuddly little kittens. And by comparing you ALL to cuddly kittens, I'm wise enough to know that I have both judged and maybe even insulted all of you guys.
    =^.^=
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

INFP, 6w7, IEI

I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Hrmm.

-ESTP
    -ESFP
    -ENFP
    -INFP
    -ENFJ

Pretty much in that order. Not that I wouldn't consider other types, it's just that those hold the most appeal to me. Those are my top 5.
    Just because I'm an INFP doesn't mean I'm emo!

MBTI
    INFP

SecondBest - I had to look up Pomplamoosemusic on YouTube for myself because I'd never heard of them. Good stuff! Thanks for introducing me to them.

As far as the types I am personally interested in as far as dating goes, at the top of my list would be an ENFJ, if they were a pretty healthy ENFJ.

I have dated an ENTP before, which was interesting to say the least. I also dated a very unhealthy INFJ. In defense of INFJ's, I know two others, one being my mom, and both are extremely awesome.

If I don't end up with an ENFJ, then I would probably be interested in another NF, just to see what the connection would be like. Part of me is curious about ESFJ's and ISFJ's. NT's have been known to intrigue me, too... In theory, I think I'd have the best odds at a great relationship with another NF, especially an ENFJ or ENFP.
    Embracing the positive; forsaking the negative...

Banned
    MBTI
    eNxp
    Enneagram
    5/7
    Socionics
    eii

Quote Originally Posted by Taz423 View Post
    SecondBest - I had to look up Pomplamoosemusic on YouTube for myself because I'd never heard of them. Good stuff! Thanks for introducing me to them.
    No problem! Always glad to find another Pomplamoose fan.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

My ideal type would be ENFJ

Right now I am dating an ESFP though - not sure how this will pan out....
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

MBTI
    INFP
    Socionics
    INFp

I'm 100% with cosmik that I would never date an S. The only S I know is my mother (ISFJ), and it's like we're from different planets or something. We can't even have a real conversation about anything important because we have no common intellectual ground to stand on. All we do is talk past one another. I have one friend who tested as an S, but I'm not entirely sure about that diagnosis, and every single other person I know is an N. It's not that I meet S's and then decide not to be associate with them... It's like I never even get as far as talking to them. Anyone else have this problem?

Anyway, to the types that I WOULD date. A lot of people have expressed an interest in dating a fellow INFP. I would be up for trying it, but I'm not sure how far it would go. I don't really have any romantic chemistry with any of the INFPs I know, even though many of my best friends are INFPs. We're just too similar to date, and I'm not saying that in a "The-relationship-would-never-work" kind of way, but in a "We-would-never-even-think-of-that" kind of way. Even though I'm a Feeler, I value logic, so I often get frustrated with some of my INFP friends who haven't developed their logical sides yet. For that reason I'm typically interested in Thinkers, as long as they're sufficiently in touch with their Feeling side. My last boyfriend was an INTJ -- THAT was fun. For the first five months. Then we realized how differently we operated and it SUCKED. I absolutely adore INTPs as friends and discussion buddies, but once again I don't know how much romantic chemistry there would be, simply because they tend to be so analytical and removed when it comes to emotions, and I could definitely see them being commitment-phobes. I also adore ENFPs, but I've found that there are two types: the adorable bouncy kind, and the well-meaning but borderline stalker kind that flirt with EVERYONE. Of course I'd go for the first kind. I think an ENFJ would be good for an INFP, and personally I really like ENFJs.

In theory the type I'd be most attracted to would be an ENTJ, which I don't think anyone else has mentioned so far. I say "in theory" because I don't know any actual ENTJs, but from knowing how their functions would operate and from reading books with ENTJ characters, I can definitely see myself going starry-eyed over an omni-competent, confident, logical and witty ENTJ. No word on how that relationship would play out in real life (might be a little too close to the disastrous INTJ/INFP relationship), but I would definitely be into that kind of person.

Senor Membrane
    MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Kibou-chan View Post
    I'm 100% with cosmik that I would never date an S. The only S I know is my mother (ISFJ), and it's like we're from different planets or something.
    Isn't it harsh to declare every S non-dateable considering you only know one?