Banned
    MBTI
    eNxp
    Enneagram
    5/7
    Socionics
    eii

Quote Originally Posted by runvardh View Post
    I'm not talking about you're development. I have yet to find a type I can "just enjoy my life with".
    I didn't mean for my statement about development to be a direct response to what you said necessarily, it was more of a "that-triggered-a-thought" kind of thing. It's just that I've spent so much of my life trying to find ways to improve myself that now I'm just freaking exhausted and don't care about it anymore.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by SecondBest View Post
    I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks this and I actually had no idea that this is considered a minority opinion.

But it makes sense though doesn't it? What better way to have a true union of souls than to bring together two open-minded intuitive compassionate people together? INFPs or ENFPs are lucky in that sense, don't you think?
    Well, most typology sites I've looked at are always telling me to date someone of my opposite type, or a thinker. Even though I wouldn't mind dating an INTP, maybe, it really is kind of annoying. :steam: I mean, sure, balance is good, but you still want someone who has SOMETHING in common with you.

That's exactly what I think too! I mean sensitivity and understanding are very important things in a mate, atleast to me. If the other feels emotions as strongly as I do, then I think they would be a nice person to have around. I want someone who is on my wavelength and who I have a very interesting connection with. An INFP-INFP relationship would be just perfect if that's what you're after!

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

i had a short little kinda-relationship (it was a summer thing) with an INFP once. it was unicorns and wonderfulness. i enjoyed every second of it.

the problem that i had was that my INFP was very good at comforting me but not very good with giving me a kick in the ass to get going when i needed it. same thing with another ENFP i went out with for a while. but, that may be an E need... i need to get out of my own head or i get restless and trapped in a cycle of unproductivity.

if INFP-INFP works for you guys i am very happy for you!!

Banned
    MBTI
    eNxp
    Enneagram
    5/7
    Socionics
    eii

Quote Originally Posted by skylights View Post

the problem that i had was that my INFP was very good at comforting me but not very good with giving me a kick in the ass to get going when i needed it. same thing with another ENFP i went out with for a while. but, that may be an E need... i need to get out of my own head or i get restless and trapped in a cycle of unproductivity.
    You bring up a really good point. I'd like to think in my case that I could be the one to give her the kick in the ass she might need every once in awhile. I could also be this seeing a problem where both people lose sight of reality and get caught up in a cycle of mutual comforting when something bad happens without really going after what's truly going on in the situation. but maybe this all depends on factors beyond personality? Not sure.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Udog View Post
    *snicker*
    something wrong?

Banned
    MBTI
    eNxp
    Enneagram
    5/7
    Socionics
    eii

Quote Originally Posted by musicnerd93 View Post
    Well, most typology sites I've looked at are always telling me to date someone of my opposite type, or a thinker. Even though I wouldn't mind dating an INTP, maybe, it really is kind of annoying. :steam: I mean, sure, balance is good, but you still want someone who has SOMETHING in common with you.

That's exactly what I think too! I mean sensitivity and understanding are very important things in a mate, atleast to me. If the other feels emotions as strongly as I do, then I think they would be a nice person to have around. I want someone who is on my wavelength and who I have a very interesting connection with. An INFP-INFP relationship would be just perfect if that's what you're after!
    I think early on in life, those balancing relationships are good for you. But later on, you start to feel balanced enough and just want to be in a place of comfort. Balancing yourself out can be painful. Or at least that's what I think.

And I'm so glad we agree on the INFP-INFP relationship.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4sop
    Socionics
    IEE

I can't fathom wanting to be with another INFP, or even another NF. I do agree that it is largely up to the individual as to which type would suit you best ideally. I am one of those people who likes opposites, not to say that it is ideal. For me, an NF and I would clash eventually. I have very strong opinionated traits, like horns, that come out of nowhere. I need someone who would roll with it. Also I am extremely, extremely sensitive to others' moods and emotions, not necessarily in an sympathetic way, it annoys me and I can't deal with it. I think for me, I have a bias because I grew up with a roller coaster of an ENFJ. It's unbearable for me to deal with her moods and emotions and need for coddling. That's my opinion and logic so far; I might change my mind, who knows.

MBTI
    INFP

I'm "talking" to an INFP right now, and we seem to be clicking, so far...

For me, the types I'm most attracted to are NF types... INFP, INFJ, ENFJ... not so much ENFP though.

I was in a relationship for 4 years with an INTP and it was not pretty. Lots of drama and anger and misunderstandings. I don't think I could ever date a non-feeling type after him.

Also, Sensors never gave me a good relationship vibe. It's like they're aliens or something. I can be great friends with one, but I feel like I'm on a different planet than them sometimes.

Banned
    MBTI
    eNxp
    Enneagram
    5/7
    Socionics
    eii

Yeah, that's the one aspect of NF relationship that could be potentially be bad. But I think the things you might be talking about are independent of personality. Neediness and emotional dependence may be more common with NFs but definitely not always the case, IMO.

I have a friend who's an INTP and we get along pretty damn well. Romantically, I've never been with an INTP, but I could imagine it being troublesome.

And cosmik, I totally agree with you on the Sensors. In my experience, having been seriously romantically involved with two ISFJs, it's the most frustrating thing in the world. The biggest problem was in how often we misunderstand each other and miscommunicate. I'm shaking my head right now just thinking about it.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

So basically all you INFPs are the inbred rednecks of MBTI.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge