123 Last

MBTI
    eNFP
    Enneagram
    ;) sx
    Socionics
    ENFp

Default I don't *feel* like an INFP

Ok, let me explain this. It just seems like I'm not reserved (nearly reserved) enough to be an INFP. If you give me an inch I will blurt out my opinion. Every hour or so I feel the need to go over to another office just to see what's going on. I have the attention span of a house fly. Also, I LOVE LOVE LOVE to meet new people. I love talking to them and getting to know them. I love leaving that night and knowing I will never see them again. A moment of intense connection.

The problem is with making friends. It is VERY difficult for me. Lots of people knwo me, have heard things from me they might think are deep or special (but the truth is, I'm just being real) or....unfortunately....oversharing. Lots of people have talked with me, had a drink with me. But regularly, I hang out with no one. I have no one who I would go to if I were in trouble or hurting and I don't think anyone would come to me. It's not that people don't like me, or that I get in fights, or that I don't like people (ok, sometimes I don't) but I never take it deeper (mostly for fear of being pushy or unwanted) and they neve do (which just sort of confirms that fear). So mostly I'm alone. And I wonder if I'm so social when I meet new people because I'm lonely, or because I'm extroverted. And I also wonder if I'd go out more if I didn't have the internet. But I think if I could talk to just one person after another I could talk to people most of the day and love it.

I also talk in 'Me' and 'I' talk a lot. But of course! You can't claim understanding for any experience except your own! I worry that people percieve me as selfcentered and high strung. I have relatively low self-confidence so I wonder if that makes me appear much more introverted than I am.

Any thoughts?

If I am an ENFP as I strongly expect, am I a bad ENFP to not be propperly socially able? I seem equally fixated on being what I *am* as the best self and being what I *ought* to be.
    -Brio

"I have never in my life envied a human being who led an easy life; I have envied a great many people who led difficult lives and led them well."
    -Teddy Roosevelt

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram

I'm ENFP and I'm exactly like you!

And I also make efforts to not speak in "Me, I" too much, because some people do think I'm self-centered (see, I again! oehtewoiu! but since you're like that too, i wont make any efforts. xD)

I'm not very good to make very good friends easily too. Okay, I'm exagerating. I suck as much as this than to juggle with Jupiter, Saturn and Neptune. Even there, juggling with those planets seem easier...

But I'm not an introvert, I'm just real shy and low-self confidence too. Weirdly, I appear super outgoing and Jupiter-sized ego. o_O

I know some INFPs, and some of the differences seem to be
    - They can write/talk without feeling the need to talk about Saturn of broccolis every 2 words.
    - They can focus better. Wich kinds of explains number one. Even if I didnt put any numbers. But you know what I'm talking about! I think...
    - They are more like... dreamy teasy measy leasy, while ENFP seems more LOLPUMPKINS
    However, maybe this INFP is way more mature than me.
    o_O

Yay long post!

Banned
    MBTI
    IxFx
    Enneagram
    5w4

Well. You're not an INFP.

Banned
    MBTI
    IxFx
    Enneagram
    5w4

Teasy measy leasy? I've not picked up an entire girl my life >.> They pick me up >.> I live in up-side-down-land.

Quote Originally Posted by angell_m View Post
    Teasy measy leasy? I've not picked up an entire girl my life >.> They pick me up >.> I live in up-side-down-land.
    sorry but isnt this also linked to confidence a bit? i mean confident introvert will pick up girls... maybe, i think so... or i am seeing it wrong...?

OP: i think you're ENFP

Quote Originally Posted by Coco View Post
    I
    - They can focus better. Wich kinds of explains number one. Even if I didnt put any numbers. But you know what I'm talking about! I think...
    yes, i heard this is most true. Inability to focus is very ENFP. but again, there are ENFP writers, many of them even on forum, it'd be interesting to hear them speak about this.

MBTI
    eNFP
    Enneagram
    ;) sx
    Socionics
    ENFp

Coco:
    Thanks. Me talk is ok with me. I get what you mean.
    You know...
    I struggle not to number lists like this:
    ~
    c
    That other one:
    Oh, wait, I forgot something:
    What number am I on now?.....

Chloe: thanks for the input.
    Also, I'm a writer. Or rather I was a Writing major at Uni (words are not an issue, finishing a project, any project, is an issue). I would actually have to finish a book/submit an article before I could qualify as a writer. I do have a blog though...
    -Brio

"I have never in my life envied a human being who led an easy life; I have envied a great many people who led difficult lives and led them well."
    -Teddy Roosevelt

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

hi brio, i think you are an ENFP too

i thought i was an INFP as well initially because i'm not particularly social (though in a slightly different way than you.) and i had the same exact sentiment of not feeling like an INFP.

Quote Originally Posted by Coco View Post
    I know some INFPs, and some of the differences seem to be
    - They can write/talk without feeling the need to talk about Saturn of broccolis every 2 words.
    - They are more like... dreamy teasy measy leasy, while ENFP seems more LOLPUMPKINS

Quote Originally Posted by Chloé View Post
    yes, i heard this is most true. Inability to focus is very ENFP. but again, there are ENFP writers, many of them even on forum, it'd be interesting to hear them speak about this.
    hi thar, published ENFP writer here

i do SO MUCH revision, it's not even funny. that helps a lot with the "19 broccoli Neptune paper bag kitten YMCA brackets" train of thought. i almost always revise even my forum posts, because the organization is all over the place.

i have also discovered that i HAVE to have external motivation to make myself tick. like a deadline or another person waiting to read it. i think it's related to my Perceiving function being extraverted and Judging introverted. because i make decisions primarily in my head, i don't always get much done outside of it (even though i'm always learning). fortunately being extraverted and all i have a lot that i want to talk about. hehe

MBTI
    eNFP
    Enneagram
    ;) sx
    Socionics
    ENFp

So, like, should I officially change my little type thing to ENFP or just leave it as xNFP? Do I have to sign up with a club or something? Do I have to occasionally type in lol-cat-speak?

One of the major critiques I got in writing classes were that my stories/papers didn't go in linear order. It usually confused me. "What you mean linear order? It makes complete sense." :p Point: I agree, revising in neccessary.
    -Brio

-Teddy Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by briochick View Post
    So, like, should I officially change my little type thing to ENFP or just leave it as xNFP? Do I have to sign up with a club or something? Do I have to occasionally type in lol-cat-speak?
    No, you cant leave it as xNFP. Everybody is sentenced to 4 letter prison for life, you have few days to decide.

Banned
    MBTI
    me

Quote Originally Posted by briochick View Post
    If I am an ENFP as I strongly expect, am I a bad ENFP to not be propperly socially able? I seem equally fixated on being what I *am* as the best self and being what I *ought* to be.
    By this logic, bad enfp = infp, which is innacurate.

enfp is not the sociable version of the infp. The functional order of enfp's compared to infps', makes a big difference, because ordering of functions = type.

Type is not about what you do, it's about how you exist within the world; how you judge and perceive - and where this is oriented from.

Dominant extroverted intuition, is very different from dominant introverted feeling.

dom Fi
    Personality: The Individuation ... - Google Books