User Tag List

First 234

Banned
    MBTI
    IxFx
    Enneagram
    5w4

Every single point in Jung's type description describes me spot on, except for the crying part.

Quote Originally Posted by angell_m View Post
    Every single point in Jung's type description describes me spot on, except for the crying part.
    That proves nothing.

wounded at the core etc. is psychological problem, not inborn type trait. It can describe unhealthy INFP, but not all are unhealthy.

These are better:
    INFP

Accepting, affirming
    Adaptable
    Calm, gentle
    Dedicated idealist, passionate
    Caring, compassionate
    Compliant, cooperative
    Creative
    Devoted, loyal
    Harmonious
    Symbolism
    Empathetic, relational
    Facilitator
    Eloquent
    Gracious, warm
    Independent
    Inspirational, persuasive
    Integrity
    Intense, serious, determined
    Unrealistic
    Perfectionist
    Private, quiet, reserved
    Rich inner life
    Disorganized
    Service-oriented
    Visionary
    Wise

ENFP

Able to improvise, brainstorm
    Accepting, affirming
    Charismatic, charming
    Child-like, curious
    Creative, artistic
    Dramatic
    Energetic, adventuresome
    Enthusiastic, fun-loving
    Friendly, gregarious, helpful
    Genuine, integrity
    Good communicator
    Harmonious
    Idealistic; values are important
    Indecisive, disorganized
    Independent
    Ingenious, innovative, imaginative
    Insightful, perceptive, psychic
    Inspiring, persuasive, passionate
    Intensely relational
    Multifaceted
    Non-conformist
    Optimistic
    Spontaneous, impulsive
    Successful
    Sympathetic

MBTI
    eNFP
    Enneagram
    ;) sx
    Socionics
    ENFp

Chloe:
    I like those descriptions much better.
    And both seem to fit me quite well, but I think that that the ENFP fits me just a bit MORE. Not much mind you, but a bit.

On another note: the "you know your an INFP when" thread ...it doesn't fit me much. I don't read it and go "haha. Yes!" Usually I go "...." The thing that has kept me saying I'm an INFP is that Es seem unusually arrogant and unable to get why introverts don't want a lot of attention. My mother is probably a 90% introvert and I adore her. Don't try to push people to socialize. If they're socializing with me I'm happy. I love my 'I' friends, I always seem to say what they want to, but I think I annoy the 'E's by not conforming, even if I'm not outright rebellious.

Ok, conversation at work:
    "oooh, Brio, you are so noisy."
    "...?"
    "You talk so much! I have a headache."
    "No, that's the weather that's given you the headache."
    *coworker laughed* "You are never quiet." (this isn't true, btw, I have long stretches of quiet followed by long stretches of talking)
    "Well, I have a lot to say."
    -Brio

"I have never in my life envied a human being who led an easy life; I have envied a great many people who led difficult lives and led them well."
    -Teddy Roosevelt

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

I've been "acquainted" with the Jung personality tests for awhile now and I decided that they're actually pretty lousy. No one fits perfectly into one type. I mean, imagine if there were only 16 types of people in the world! If you want to be a "better" ENFP, maybe antidepressants would help? They made me a "better" INFP (I'm naturally high-strung and melodramatic), but then I just got so numb and lazy I had to stop taking them. Just my two cents.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

ENFPs and INFPs are most often times the most similar two types.

It seems to be a universal question to most NFPs...ENFP or INFP? I'd gaurentee there comes a point of all of their lives where they ask themselves that question. I have.
    Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

Quote Originally Posted by briochick View Post
    Hmmm. I don't know.

When I'm by myself I tend to fall into my mind and get so over wound that I'll literally shake, like I've been sitting at the light revving the moter for ten minutes and the car is about ready to explode. Not neccessarily a good thing but there seems to be a lot of energy there. But when I'm with more than one or two people I can get overwhelmed, like a dog on a car ride trying to take in all the scenery and all the smells at once until he finally gives up. I usually sleep really hard after extra carricular social stuff. My job is as a teacher though and I don't mind at all.

See when it comes to those profiles, the description issue comes because I feel like they present the ENFP too happily/perky. I am not a socially able constant waterfall of bubbling funness. I am, however, almost always enthusiastic about what I feel. Whether it be depressed or happy. I laugh loudly but brood excessively. I wear my heart on my sleeve. I'm a jack of all trades. People say I'm inspiring. I'm only aloof in that I march to my own drummer, avoid conflict (and people who I think I might be conflicting with, and don't see the need for a lot of social conventions. It's not that I wouldn't adhere to them if given a reason, it's just that no one has a reason. Why are we sitting around the table talking about nothing? Doesn't it hurt your head just to sit? Why are we sitting and not talking about *something* to make the sitting worthwhile? Is this a meeting? No? Can I go now? One of my few friends said to me "Brio, I think you are an introvert because you don't need to spend a lot of time with other people. Now, you're an extrovert when you're around people, but you don't need to be around them a lot." To which I said. "Yar. They don't have a box for that on the mbti test. Sorry." I am also very open. I believe openness equals genuineness and that no one can know you or like you or hate you or love you unless you show them the real you, which is the you that burns and bleeds. Also, INFPs are described as flexible. I'm murcurial, but I don't think that's the same thing as flexible. In fact, while I do like to go at things without a plan (a general goal is really enough), when things change dramatically or don't go as planned I get quite frazzled.
    I identify with a lot of ENFP and INFP traits as described in the profiles.
    I say that I love compliments, and crave attention and affermation, but only when I think that I deserve it.

Wow we are so much alike. I could have written that.
    http://bohemianextrovert.wordpress.com/
    Please excuse the long drawn out ramble above.
    I have to hear what I've said before I know what I think.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4sop
    Socionics
    IEE

This may be the deciding factor.
    I believe openness equals genuineness and that no one can know you or like you or hate you or love you unless you show them the real you, which is the you that burns and bleeds.
    I refuse to open up. I believe in taking small steps and opening up too fast is insincere and not genuine. It takes me a long, long time to be able to express myself, share my opinions, show you my traits. I am extremely, extremely reserved. Even my closest friends only know a faction of me. It seems I leave a part of me with one person and a certain passion, another part with another person and another passion...etc. It's like Voldemort's seven little souls or something - if I leave it with one person and one passion, if it gets destroyed, it will be gone for-ever.

MBTI
    eNFP
    Enneagram
    ;) sx
    Socionics
    ENFp

Quote Originally Posted by Rebe View Post
    This may be the deciding factor.

I refuse to open up. I believe in taking small steps and opening up too fast is insincere and not genuine. It takes me a long, long time to be able to express myself, share my opinions, show you my traits. I am extremely, extremely reserved. Even my closest friends only know a faction of me. It seems I leave a part of me with one person and a certain passion, another part with another person and another passion...etc. It's like Voldemort's seven little souls or something - if I leave it with one person and one passion, if it gets destroyed, it will be gone for-ever.
    Aawwww. I think I show a lot less of my soul than people would assume. Or else...I don't know how much of it I do show. There are some things I don't talk about. But, maybe you're right and my openness is the key.
    -Brio

"I have never in my life envied a human being who led an easy life; I have envied a great many people who led difficult lives and led them well."
    -Teddy Roosevelt

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

You know after reading this thread, I can honestly say that I really love the qualities of INFP's and ENFP's. You guys are deep and inspirational

I have felt strong Fi before and have never truly been comfortable with it. I habe felt embarrassed and awkward with it in the moments, but it has led me to powerfully analyze my feelings so I could organize them in boxes after I was satisfied with my conclusions of them so I could find closure. I think for me, to experience strong Fi, feels like experiencing trauma. You guys amaze me with how your intense feelings can steer you to self assuredness.

I decided to focus on Fi because of how it relates to the need to hold back a large part of yourselves from the world. It's interesting for me to study it in this way, because it's so similar a result, but so dis-similar of a process for J's. With E/INFP's, you guage how you feel about situations by how you feel about them from your "Self" perspectives first, and we stress out in our interractions by guaging how others will be thinking and feeling before ourselves about the situation or interraction. I think that due to this, we have a hard time with boundaries and you guys have a less difficult time with them. E/INFP's do not have to second guess their emotional responses because your feelings are like lightening in the speed of how fast the information hits your minds from your hearts. Mine takes so long to be made known and often times I feel very confused and need to rely on my Ni to determine how I shoulf feel about things if that makes any sense? I just need to process on a regular basis or I lose my objective clarity and my Ti goes in circles. It's in this way, that I see the differences and similarities between us, for holding back parts of ourselves from the world.

I hope you didn't mind a J's thoughts...

p.s. I hope to strengthen all my functions to the point of being quite perfectly balanced one day. Then again, I might have to wait 'till next lifetime
    "What's Taters, Precious?" --- Gollum.

"Bring your pretty face, to my axe". --- Gimly.

MBTI
    INFP

Alright, I believe you are an INFP, as I have had these same tendencies.
    But just remember, the "I", "N", etc. are sometimes inaccurate labels.
    To really understand your type, look at the functions, and you'll see that
    you are more INFP than you think.