First 1234 Last

MBTI
    eNFP
    Enneagram
    ;) sx
    Socionics
    ENFp

Quote Originally Posted by Coco View Post
    - They are more like... dreamy teasy measy leasy, while ENFP seems more LOLPUMPKINS
    Incidentally I called my mother and asked if I was more dreamy teasy measy leasy or LOLPUMPKINS.
    She said "LOLPUMPKINS but more like LOLBUTTERFLIES."

btw, butterfly is nabbi in Korean, and the Na'vi in the Avatar movie is pronounced nabbi using the Korean alphabet so the Avatar people's were the Butterfly people...
    -Brio

"I have never in my life envied a human being who led an easy life; I have envied a great many people who led difficult lives and led them well."
    -Teddy Roosevelt

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None

If you love to meet new people, you can be INFP.

If you "LOVE LOVE LOVE" to meet new people, you are probably ENFP.

I also find your social dilemma of having lots of acquaintances but few close friends to be a common one with ENFPs.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Hopelandic View Post
    By this logic, bad enfp = infp, which is innacurate.

enfp is not the sociable version of the infp. The functional order of enfp's compared to infps', makes a big difference, because ordering of functions = type.
    yes, absolutely. INFPs have strengths which are different than ENFPs'.

but it is a relevant point that an ENFP could easily test or appear like a few other types - especially:
    • INFP - less social ENFP, ENFP with low self-esteem
    • ESFP - often young, very social ENFP
    • ENTP - ENFP with Te developed to the point of overshadowing Fi

especially because of the way "extraverted" is misrepresented as being "very social", and Fi naturally living in our own heads a good deal of the time, it's really easy for a less social ENFP to think they're INFP, but then read the type description and have it feel off.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4sop
    Socionics
    IEE

Have you read the two profiles? Which ones do you identify with more?
    There are similarities but they are also some core differences, which are quite subtle depending on my mood so I don't know either definitely what is enfp vs infp.
    I don't think anyone knows.

I can be hardcore dreamy-ishblahblahblah but I can also be OMGZ SQUIRREL!!!!!!!!

MBTI
    eNFP
    Enneagram
    ;) sx
    Socionics
    ENFp

Thank you Skylight

Rebe: Yes, I have read the profiles. Many ENFP and INFP profiles, and many times over. Two issues, the profiles generally describe actions, which may or may not indicate functions, and if one described my actions and motivations more properly than I probably wouldn't have posted this thread.
    -Brio

"I have never in my life envied a human being who led an easy life; I have envied a great many people who led difficult lives and led them well."
    -Teddy Roosevelt

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFJ

Hmmm. Where do you feel that most of your energy comes from, your own world or participating in society, and engaging with activities?

MBTI
    eNFP
    Enneagram
    ;) sx
    Socionics
    ENFp

Quote Originally Posted by Echoes View Post
    Hmmm. Where do you feel that most of your energy comes from, your own world or participating in society, and engaging with activities?
    Hmmm. I don't know.

When I'm by myself I tend to fall into my mind and get so over wound that I'll literally shake, like I've been sitting at the light revving the moter for ten minutes and the car is about ready to explode. Not neccessarily a good thing but there seems to be a lot of energy there. But when I'm with more than one or two people I can get overwhelmed, like a dog on a car ride trying to take in all the scenery and all the smells at once until he finally gives up. I usually sleep really hard after extra carricular social stuff. My job is as a teacher though and I don't mind at all.

See when it comes to those profiles, the description issue comes because I feel like they present the ENFP too happily/perky. I am not a socially able constant waterfall of bubbling funness. I am, however, almost always enthusiastic about what I feel. Whether it be depressed or happy. I laugh loudly but brood excessively. I wear my heart on my sleeve. I'm a jack of all trades. People say I'm inspiring. I'm only aloof in that I march to my own drummer, avoid conflict (and people who I think I might be conflicting with, and don't see the need for a lot of social conventions. It's not that I wouldn't adhere to them if given a reason, it's just that no one has a reason. Why are we sitting around the table talking about nothing? Doesn't it hurt your head just to sit? Why are we sitting and not talking about *something* to make the sitting worthwhile? Is this a meeting? No? Can I go now? One of my few friends said to me "Brio, I think you are an introvert because you don't need to spend a lot of time with other people. Now, you're an extrovert when you're around people, but you don't need to be around them a lot." To which I said. "Yar. They don't have a box for that on the mbti test. Sorry." I am also very open. I believe openness equals genuineness and that no one can know you or like you or hate you or love you unless you show them the real you, which is the you that burns and bleeds. Also, INFPs are described as flexible. I'm murcurial, but I don't think that's the same thing as flexible. In fact, while I do like to go at things without a plan (a general goal is really enough), when things change dramatically or don't go as planned I get quite frazzled.
    I identify with a lot of ENFP and INFP traits as described in the profiles.
    I say that I love compliments, and crave attention and affermation, but only when I think that I deserve it.
    -Brio

-Teddy Roosevelt

Banned
    MBTI
    IxFx
    Enneagram
    5w4

MBTI
    eNFP
    Enneagram
    ;) sx
    Socionics
    ENFp

Quote Originally Posted by angell_m View Post
    ...according to that link all infps have major depressive disorder Unfortunate.
    I hear counseling and medication can work wonders.

In the link, most of the qualities of an infp are my worst qualities. The qualities I have when I'm at my most depressed or dysfunctional. However, I want to point out that I don't think marijuana should be legalized, never have, and I'm fine with crowds, and I'm not a hermit. :p
    As for the ENFP qualities
    outgoing-probably
    social-define social?
    disorganized-only 4 or 5 days out of the week...
    easily talked into doing silly things-silly, yes, stupid, no.
    spontaneous-only compared to some
    wild and crazy-did Jung really imply this? No, you won't see me on girl's gone wild and there are no photos of me dancing on table tops. I don't even kiss strangers or throw things at people.
    act without thinking-well, I have this issue with my brain mouth filter. It's more "talks without thinking"
    good at getting people to have fun-....am I?
    Pleasure seeking-um...define this.
    Irresponsible-um...maybe
    Physically affectionate-ok, this isn't fair. I'm very physically affectionate with people I'm close with, but I'm not close with many people. Also, I would be MORE physically affectionate but my religious vows are toward celibacy and physical affection doesn't really promote celibacy (at least not for me) so I can appear standoffish, but it's not my desire.
    risk taker-I moved to another country, twice, and traveled by myself through Europe. Does that count?
    ok, you get my point. I'm going to shut up.
    Last edited by briochick; 08-13-2010 at 02:07 AM. Reason: thought of more stuff
    -Brio

-Teddy Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by angell_m View Post
    Out of all profiles online you put here the worst possible, and totally misleading. None of the INFPs I know are like here described.