User Tag List

123 Last

Thread: I feel squashed

MBTI
    Infj
    Enneagram

Default I feel squashed

What does one do if one is feeling squashed because one didnt get a chance to express oneself (release strong feelings creatively) after a certain amount of time, and is long overdue, but is not able to because of ones other responsibilities etc. I often find myself in this state. Ie: feeling overloaded and overwhelmed and need to shut down and recharge, but im in work or public so am unable to do so. Any suggestions?

Banned
    MBTI
    IxFx
    Enneagram
    5w4

1. Call for vacation
    2. Resign
    3. Run it off + workout + eat + diet + nazimode on (may result in getting sick and retracting yourself from society longterm)

MBTI
    Infj
    Enneagram

Thanks for responding but i don't wish to run away from my problems. Been there, done that, doesnt work. I want to be a healthy person and learn how to regulate myself on a daily basis for empowerment and to be able to be of service to others

MBTI
    INFJ

Expanding - is there any chance at all of some time off? Even if it's just a few hours of "me" (walks, novels, journaling, whatever)?

If it were me, I'd tell me to go to a cafe with a giant book; read until I felt relaxed enough to journal, then write and write and write until I made some sense of what was going on with me. This is like 2 hours, maybe? I used to do it a lot in college when I didn't have the privacy to just spend a day of uninterrupted lounging, reading, relaxing. Somehow a lot of the 'squashed, buried' things bubble up for me when I'm letting them -- yoga (if you're into that), lounging, meditating, relaxing...

Hope this helps. Or at least wasn't too irritating

MBTI
    Infj
    Enneagram

Thanks Mochajava, that was sound advice. You mentioned that things bubble up for you when you let them, by doing yoga, writing etc. I completely identify with that and will try to regulate myself this way more often. It will certainly help me release, relax and step back.

MBTI
    INFJ

A little off-topic, but do you think that doing the things that allow emotions to bubble up is an INFJ habit/trait? Maybe it's what we do when we withdraw? (We need a better word than withdraw... it conjures up funny images/associations for me).

MBTI
    Infj
    Enneagram

Yes i think yoga and writing etc are necessary 'petrol refills' for infj's. I feel like a new person after some deep relaxation excercises or expression - i have to learn to do it more often! The word 'withdraw' sounds fine but if u want you could maybe think of it as 'recharging,' as in, withdrawing from the world inorder to be able to give to the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Expanding View Post
    What does one do if one is feeling squashed because one didnt get a chance to express oneself (release strong feelings creatively) after a certain amount of time, and is long overdue, but is not able to because of ones other responsibilities etc. [...]Any suggestions?
    Either continue feeling squashed, OR, make the time around your other responsibilities to give yourself the creative outlet.

MBTI
    Infj
    Enneagram

Thanks Qre:us, i get your point!

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

well, could you devote one night a week to it, or 20 minutes every morning, for instance? just have a regular block of "creative me-time"? a few Fe dom/aux that i know and love are incredibly generous and giving and kind of forget that "me time" has to be made, it doesn't just happen yeah, you might have to forgo a responsibility or two, but maybe you can find someone else to pick it up for you. sometimes you'll discover that when you don't do something, someone else will do it for you!

but seriously, if that's not really possible, is there any way you can work it into your schedule? like dance, for instance, is a great creative outlet, and double teams as exercise. yoga is the same way (i looove yoga too). perhaps you could also take on more creative responsibilities at your job, like helping with advertising, or something like that. i always liked my work lunch hour as an opportunity to do a few stretches and a little sketching. if it's feasible in your environment, maybe an mp3 player could also be useful in creating comfortable distance from others and letting you enjoy the music (especially maybe at work with boring tasks like cleaning or paperwork...)

good luck with this! "squashed" does not sound fun