User Tag List

First 3456 Last

Results 41 to 50 of 53

  1. #41

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Halla74 View Post
    Nicely put, take out "slowly" and that fits my style too actually.

    Not that taking things slow is bad, I'm just a 125 MPH sitting still kind of person.
    I'm an easy going guy. Slow isn't the first word that springs to mind in describing you, love high energy people, fun to be around. Easy to get that back and forth thing going.

    True. I don't like being drilled on that either. It's nice if you are in a conversation that allows you to drop that kind of info when you feel the need to do so. Maybe "sincerity" is what this about, and not "deepness?"

    Nice. The engaged part is key. The level of depth appropriate for the topic will just happen if both parties are engaged and sincere, right?
    Sincere. That is a nice point. It is hard for me to understand what is meant by getting to know the real you, or who you are. Stuff like that. Interesting to talk about.

  2. #42
    Senior Member Chloe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    2,204

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wolfy View Post
    Ask me a deep question and I will tell you if it is annoying or not.


    Well, I certainly cant just ask directly some deep question without talking to you first, for a while, ... that would be really too much.

    But depending on how our conversation goes... I'd probably try to get you to talk what your real issues/views/passions are.

    what would satisfy me in such situations is to hear what is your general view on life, why are you here... you know, it doesnt have to be sharing secrets, you dont need to tell me all about your family history, you can keep all that to yourself... but to get to reach level i like i'd have to hear your opinion about life...

    edit: and it has to be ABOUT YOU, that is it, you know, we can talk about passion for music, interest in mbti or anything.. but only when I hear YOUR passion then I feel like I know you.

  3. #43
    meh Salomé's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Posts
    10,540

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chloé View Post
    Do you also have thing for bonding that when you talk to someone you cant wait to "cut straight to the juicy part" and get deep very soon? And feel that your conversation really only has meaning if you eventually get to that part? it doesnt only have to be verbally, it can be mutual understanding without stating everything loud.
    Yes.
    Which types respond the best to this ?
    ENFP

    I think TPs can often respond bad to this? Like... simply dont understand the need for this?
    No.
    I mean, less understand than Fi's...
    Couldn't say.

    I have INTP friend who I can get very deep with when we talk, in a way that I can feel him feeling me feeling him but he's atypical TP bc he's enneagram 4 or because of something else.
    sx? Not that atypical. INTP/ENFP can have a strong attraction and almost effortless understanding.

    But with other TPs it often felt like... heh simply... mismatch.
    Yeah, well, type isn't everything.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

  4. #44
    Senior Member Chloe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    2,204

    Default

    this explains it well...

    Quote Originally Posted by bestfittype.com/enfp.html : Interview
    I remember this wonderful little boy, but he was conning everyone. I kept looking straight at him, “in the soul,” and finally he put his hands up over his eyes and said, “You’ve got to quit looking at me like that. I can look at people like that, but you can’t look at me like that.” And I completely understood him and I said, “I know who you are, and it’s not bad. It’s good, you’re good, and you have promise.” That’s what people don’t want to hear—I see you, I value you, I care what you’ll become, and I wish to be a part of that if you need me.

  5. #45
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    MBTI
    me
    Posts
    234

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chloé View Post
    this explains it well...

    I remember this wonderful little boy, but he was conning everyone. I kept looking straight at him, “in the soul,” and finally he put his hands up over his eyes and said, “You’ve got to quit looking at me like that. I can look at people like that, but you can’t look at me like that.” And I completely understood him and I said, “I know who you are, and it’s not bad. It’s good, you’re good, and you have promise.” That’s what people don’t want to hear—I see you, I value you, I care what you’ll become, and I wish to be a part of that if you need me.
    Wow, not an enfp.. but that is powerful.

    This is similar to 'bad guys' I come across. They want me to play the game, and I wont. I will say, "let's be frank". Let's be frank about WHO you are as a person. They come across as an asshole, but I know they are not. How someone acts is not my concern. How someone is, inside is my concern. Reminds me of how I can love a character like House (because inside I think he is a good person... ) and hate another character who is superficially generous on the outside, but I think is a douche on the inside.

    “I know who you are, and it’s not bad. It’s good, you’re good, and you have promise.” That's still ringing in my ears... it's why it breaks my heart to see people judging theirselves so negatively; and then when I give them my opinion I what I value in them, they blatantly refute it. Don't they see what I see?

  6. #46
    Senior Member Chloe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    2,204

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hopelandic View Post
    Wow, not an enfp.. but that is powerful.

    This is similar to 'bad guys' I come across. They want me to play the game, and I wont. I will say, "let's be frank". Let's be frank about WHO you are as a person. They come across as an asshole, but I know they are not. How someone acts is not my concern. How someone is, inside is my concern. Reminds me of how I can love a character like House (because inside I think he is a good person... ) and hate another character who is superficially generous on the outside, but I think is a douche on the inside.


    though i dont know how much people would love house if they had to be next to him every day, it's easy to tolerate him on the screen. imagine having such boss.

    house is like unhappy kid, you know he's mean because he's unhappy but he pisses you still, and you love him

    “I know who you are, and it’s not bad. It’s good, you’re good, and you have promise.” That's still ringing in my ears... it's why it breaks my heart to see people judging theirselves so negatively; and then when I give them my opinion, they blatantly refute it. Don't they see what I see?
    "I know who you are, and it’s not bad. It’s good, you’re good, and you have promise.” - that's what the whole this thread is about, when I say somebody this and then they change subject. :steam::steam::steam: Like "its not important", or "its boring subject"

  7. #47
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    MBTI
    me
    Posts
    234

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chloé View Post


    though i dont know how much people would love house if they had to be next to him every day, it's easy to tolerate him on the screen. imagine having such boss.

    house is like unhappy kid, you know he's mean because he's unhappy but he pisses you still, and you love him
    House

    I grew up in a house with many different personalities in it. Very opposed personalities, can I just stress that here, with everyone having :steam: issues

    I learned what it means for me as an individual to love someone through this experience I guess. I look at my sister, and we do not get along 90% of the time; but I can still say I genuinely love her, her tendencies, bullying etc and all. I cannot see a life without her. When she is hurting, it tears me to shreds.
    If I could not see past her behaviour, I don't know whether I could love her in the way I do. Likewise, I do not show my love for her through my behaviour.

    This relates to Dr House and bonding, because I think Fi makes all things personable. It skips over what it does not value, and shines a light to what it does. It desires to know the subjective truths of individual people, because that is the only way to really value something.
    Fi bonds by getting to the core. It may involve merging in the mind.. it may involve learning what it deems important about people.. it involves embracing vulnerability to elicit emotional honesty...

    As a sp/sx... I think I am attracted to intensity, but quiet intensity. I sense energy, and I reach out to those I think have a pure, raw, white energy. I want to quietly share my energy with them; through activity, or sharing of values (or sexy time <- preferable).

  8. #48
    Analytical Dreamer Coriolis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Posts
    17,594

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chloé View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by INTP View Post
    Before you say that Fi doesent make decisions based on logic, it does most the time(if not always), but you just dont know it
    No, I wouldnt say it. I agree Fi is also logical, just you NTs sometimes dont see it.
    At least some of us NTs not only see it, we use it. In analyzing exactly how it works for me, however, I run into the reality that Fi, Te, Ni, etc. don't operate in a vacuum, rather they work together. This makes my use of INTJ tertiary Fi different from its use by other types with other functional order and preference, but I do use it, and can appreciate (or enforce?) its logic.
    Last edited by Coriolis; 08-10-2010 at 09:53 AM. Reason: fixed typo

  9. #49
    meh Salomé's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Posts
    10,540

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chloé View Post
    "I know who you are, and it’s not bad. It’s good, you’re good, and you have promise.” - that's what the whole this thread is about, when I say somebody this and then they change subject. :steam::steam::steam: Like "its not important", or "its boring subject"
    Wow. How could it be boring? Everyone wants to be "seen". Some people are just afraid of it, is all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

  10. #50
    mod love baby... Lady_X's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so
    Posts
    18,086

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gromit View Post
    +1 haha!
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

Similar Threads

  1. [Fi] It's possible to go from an INFP to ENFP. I think I've found a way of my own to.
    By flameskull95 in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 12-11-2012, 04:55 PM
  2. [Fi] The Imaginary Fi land of perfect values
    By sculpting in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 09-03-2011, 02:16 PM
  3. [NT] What's the best way of deciding between INTJ and ENTJ?
    By Ezra in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: 01-17-2011, 07:44 AM
  4. Your fail-proof way of distinguishing S from N and vice versa
    By Moiety in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 98
    Last Post: 01-19-2009, 09:24 PM
  5. Two Ways of Thinking
    By Mole in forum Philosophy and Spirituality
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 09-02-2008, 04:23 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO