User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Pitseleh View Post
    Yes. it can also be different because you don't care for people that you are around or you just don't know what to add to the conversation. People have adamantly told me that I am an introvert because I seem rather disengaged from others and I'm just like "whatever, I might just be choosing not to engage with you".

You're absolutely right. I was commenting more on how you could be perceived in particular contexts rather than the I/E particularly changing. In certain contexts, people would type me as an IXXJ and in other contexts, people would type me as an EXXJ, but overall, i know that my motives and preferences are of an ENFJ.
    True that! I was at a dinner party and commented "I'm an introvert..." and both the people talking to me looked at me like "REALLY???" with more expressiveness than I'd seen all night (I'm fairly outgoing, particularly behind a computer screen, but in real life as long as nothing's on my mind).

MBTI
    INFJ

Off topic, but why does ENFJ have a bad rap?

Glycerine

Supposedly, we can be insanely manipulative monsters who turn people against others and can screw others over with our superb people skills.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    468 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII None

This thread is making me feel a little better. I tested ISFP the other night, and I'd never read that description before -- but when I did, I felt it fit me better than any INFJ description I'd ever read. Now I'm completely confused and having an identity crisis.

Glycerine

Maybe this will help:
    ISFP
    INFJ

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

I always know what the questions are asking on those tests so it is hard for me to not get INFP.

function tests are more sporadic in the results given, lately I test as an Ni-dom, but I'm not an INFJ or INTJ. Some people say those tests are not accurate in determining type, that you can't go out of the 16 function combinations, but since it is a theory, I think it's worthwhile to consider that it isn't always true for everyone.

INFJ and INFP are very different in structure, although there are some people like you who test that way because their P v. J ratio is close...but these are often due to those "Do you prefer spontaneity or planning" tests. More importantly, you should know your function order first and foremost, that'll point you to what mbti type you would fall into.

MBTI
    INFJ

I say keep looking, keep taking different tests... different times of day, moods, whatever. And reading the type descriptions is always helpful. What do you think about looking at them in terms of type functions, and seeing which of those you most identify with? Sometimes that's easier to identify yourself in than the type descriptions.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    468 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII None

Quote Originally Posted by Pitseleh View Post
    Maybe this will help:
    ISFP
    INFJ
    That puts me back at INFJ.
    Caring is about the ability to help others grow.

Except that I am extremely sensitive to aethetics and I am artistically creative. And I'm almost supernatural with babies and animals. I've never seen that said about INFJ.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    9, 5
    Socionics
    INTj

These things I feel to be important when testing:
    Do it many times, for many different tests. I always choose the longest one I can find. I would think it's more accurate with more factors, and all.
    Also, I do believe you're supposed to think about how you've been for the majority of your life. Don't focus on this very second, but at least the last few weeks. Give a generalness to each question. That eliminates circumstantial answers.-At least for the most part.
    Also, read through the descriptions, and be honest when you do so.
    Lastly, I don't take any tests during or around the times of traumatic or exhilarating events. I always score different, and it's popped up INFP often during those times. It's just when my head is out of whack, and nothing can be accurately measured at those times, for me.
    What is normal to one, is incomprehensible to another.

ALL anger in this world stems from a lack of control.

All of reality bows to the illusion of life and death.

Banned
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

Quote Originally Posted by Tiltyred View Post
    That puts me back at INFJ.
    Caring is about the ability to help others grow.

Except that I am extremely sensitive to aethetics and I am artistically creative. And I'm almost supernatural with babies and animals. I've never seen that said about INFJ.
    You should read Keirsey's description of ISFP.. He pretty much describes them as benevolent. They are certainly in his eyes , The "nicest people" in the world. Because of the depth of their caring about others.