• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFP] INFP Quotes/Proverbs

musicnerd93

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
"Can you touch that for me? It might be explosive, but I don't want to blow up." (I've actually said that to my mom before... :blush: )

Southern Kross

Away with the fairies
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Do you mean quotes by INFPs or quotes INFPs will like? If the latter, I have lots:

It is curious that physical courage should be so common in the world and moral courage so rare.
- Mark Twain

By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.
- Confucius

The opposite of love is not hate, it's indifference.
- Elie Wiesel

All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that all was vanity; but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dream with open eyes, and make it possible.
-Thomas E. Lawrence

I swore never to be silent whenever and wherever human beings endure suffering and humiliation. We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented.
- Elie Wiesel

Never put off till tomorrow what you can do the day after tomorrow.
- Mark Twain

If you don't know where you are going, any road will get you there.
- Lewis Caroll

The young man knows the rules, but the old man knows the exceptions.
- Oliver Wendell Holmes

As well as my signature:

tkae.

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
EDIT: Fail, just noticed someone had posted it two posts earlier :blushing:

Okay, here's my backup:

“Every genuine boy is a rebel and an anarch. If he were allowed to develop according to his own instincts, his own inclinations, society would undergo such a radical transformation as to make the adult revolutionary cower and cringe.” -John Andrew Holmes

Chill

MBTI Type
INFP
Do you mean quotes by INFPs or quotes INFPs will like? If the latter, I have lots:

It is curious that physical courage should be so common in the world and moral courage so rare.
- Mark Twain

By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.
- Confucius

The opposite of love is not hate, it's indifference.
- Elie Wiesel

All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that all was vanity; but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dream with open eyes, and make it possible.
-Thomas E. Lawrence

I swore never to be silent whenever and wherever human beings endure suffering and humiliation. We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented.
- Elie Wiesel

Never put off till tomorrow what you can do the day after tomorrow.
- Mark Twain

If you don't know where you are going, any road will get you there.
- Lewis Caroll

The young man knows the rules, but the old man knows the exceptions.
- Oliver Wendell Holmes

As well as my signature:

:nice::yes:

nolla

Senor Membrane
MBTI Type
INFP
No work or love will flourish out of guilt, fear, or hollowness of heart, just as no valid plans for the future can be made by those who have no capacity for living now.
-Alan Watts

Ought a biological species be judged by its crippled, warped, only partially developed specimens, or by examples that have been overdomesticated, caged, and trained?
---
Persons can be found who are good, very good indeed, in fact, great. There do indeed exist creators, seers, sages, saints, shakers and movers. This can certainly give us hope for the future of the species even if they are uncommon and do not come by the dozen.
-Abraham Maslow

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
"Conventionality is not morality. Self-righteousness is not religion. To attack the first is not to assail the last."
- Charlotte Bronte

"Living is like tearing through a museum. Not until later do you really start absorbing what you saw, thinking about it, looking it up in a book, and remembering - because you can't take it in all at once."
- Audrey Hepburn

"Is it really possible to tell someone else what one feels?"
- Leo Tolstoy (Anna Karenina)

"To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment."
- Ralph Waldo Emerson

"I love mankind; it's people I can't stand"
- Charles M. Schulz

"It is what you read when you don't have to that determines what you will be when you can't help it."
- Oscar Wilde

"I learned this, at least, by my experiment: that if one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors to live the life which he has imagined, he will meet with success unexpected in common hours."
- Thoreau

"You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist"
- Nietzche

"There is always some madness in love. But there is also always some reason in madness."
- Nietzche

"There are no facts, only interpretations."
- Nietzche

"It's so easy to laugh, it's so easy to hate, it takes strength to be gentle & kind."
- Morrissey

Beorn

Permabanned
"One feels that this inexhaustible fancy is worn out with continual exercise, because one is growing into manhood, out growing one's old ideals: they are being shattered into fragments, into dust; if there is no other life one must build one up from the fragments. And meanwhile the soul longs and craves for something else! And in vain the dreamer rakes over his old dreams, as though seeking a spark among the embers, to fan them into flame, to warm his chilled heart by the rekindled fire, and to rouse up in it again all that was so sweet, that touched his heart, that set his blood boiling, drew tears from his eyes, and so luxuriously deceived him!"

-Fyodor Dostoevsky, White Nights

SecondBest

Permabanned
MBTI Type
eNxp
Enneagram
5/7
"To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment."
- Ralph Waldo Emerson

"I love mankind; it's people I can't stand"
- Charles M. Schulz

"It is what you read when you don't have to that determines what you will be when you can't help it."
- Oscar Wilde

"You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist"
- Nietzche

"There are no facts, only interpretations."
- Nietzche

+1.

KDude

Arcadia? The realm of the infinite? It's a poet's corner... It's not a cult or a religion – it's an awareness of your surroundings; you're not going to force yourself on anyone and, equally, no one's going to force themselves on you. And it's about community and pleasure. It came from a whisper through the trees. It came from a crack in the pavement. It can also come when you open a bag of crisps, or when you kick a football against a goalpost. Even if I was winding you up, it would still be true, because Arcadia and the Arcadian Dream is so deep, is so true to our hearts... It can be as powerful as your imagination can allow it to be. But, it can also be as dark and twisted as your soul... Arcadia encompasses the infinite, and that's why it comforts me. -Pete Doherty

When I say "romantic," I mean a sensibility that sees everything, and has to express everything, and still doesn't know what the fuck it is, it hurts that bad. It just madly tries to speak whatever it feels, and that can mean vast things. That sort of mentality can turn a sun-kissed orange into a flaming meteorite, and make it sound like that in a song. - Jeff Buckley

I wish I could throw off the thoughts which poison my happiness, but I take a kind of pleasure in indulging them.-Frederic Chopin

Too much sanity may be madness. And maddest of all, to see life as it is and not as it should be. -Miguel de Cervantes

One life is all we have and we live it as we believe in living it. But to sacrifice what you are and to live without belief, that is a fate more terrible than dying. -Joan of Arc

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Advice is what we ask for when we already know the answer but wish we didn't. ~Erica Jong

Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of somebody else. ~Judy Garland

Never be bullied into silence. Never allow yourself to be made a victim. Accept no one's definition of your life; define yourself. ~Harvey Fierstein

Never apologize for showing feeling. When you do so, you apologize for the truth. ~Benjamin Disraeli

Is life not a hundred times too short for us to stifle ourselves. ~Friedrich Nietzsche

You were born an original. Don't die a copy. ~John Mason

Enjoy yourself. It's later than you think. ~Chinese Proverb

And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years. ~Abraham Lincoln

Men for the sake of getting a living forget to live. ~Margaret Fuller

Southern Kross

Away with the fairies
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Bump :cheese:

Confront the dark parts of yourself, and work to banish them with illumination and forgiveness. Your willingness to wrestle with your demons will cause your angels to sing. Use the pain as fuel, as a reminder of your strength.
-August Wilson

He who controls others may be powerful, but he who has mastered himself is mightier still
-Lao Tzu

I have learned silence from the talkative, tolerance from the intolerant, and kindness from the unkind; yet strangely, I am ungrateful to these teachers
- Kahlil Gibran

Courage is not simply one of the virtues, but the form of every virtue at the testing point.
- C.S. Lewis

Write injuries in sand, kindnesses in marble
-French proverb

Synapse

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Whenever I think of quotes I struggle to recall very many and wonder why is this of me, I'll post this from somewhere I had.

Find yourself and express yourself in your own particular way. Express your love openly. Life is nothing but a dream, and if you create your life with love, your dream becomes a masterpiece of art. - Don Miguel Ruiz

Nijntje

Warflower
MBTI Type
CRZY
Enneagram
4w5
Segui il tuo corso, e lascia dir le genti (follow your own path and let the people talk) - Marx via Dante's Purgatory.

Adasta

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Antonio said:
I hold the world but as the world, Gratiano
A stage where every man must play his part,
And mine a sad one.
- The Merchant of Venice

Coriolanus said:
Most sweet voices!
Better it is to die, better to starve,
Than crave the hire which first we do deserve.
Why in this woolvish toge should I stand here,
To beg of Hob and Dick, that do appear,
Their needless vouches? Custom calls me to't:
What custom wills, in all things should we do't,
The dust on antique time would lie unswept,
And mountainous error be too highly heapt
For truth to o'er-peer. Rather than fool it so,
Let the high office and the honour go
To one that would do thus. I am half through;
The one part suffer'd, the other will I do.
-Coriolanus

Matthew 6:2 said:
Therefore when thou doest thine alms, do not sound a trumpet before thee, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and in the streets, that they may have glory of men. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward.

Heraclitus said:
During the night a man kindles a light for himself. Just as when dead-but-alive, with sight extinguished, he contacts death, so when asleep-but-awake, with sight extinguished, he contacts sleep.

Heraclitus said:
The best choose one thing instead of everything, everlasting fame among mortals; but the masses stuff themselves like cattle.

Jean-Jacques Rosseau said:
L'homme est né libre, et partout il est dans les fers
(Man is born free, and is everywhere in chains)

Gustav Flaubert said:
I want to move tender hearts to pity and tears, for I am tender-hearted myself.

I enjoy good quotations.

William K

Uniqueorn
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Not really a quotation, but what the heck, I liked it :tongue:

"Everyone has darkness inside them. Heralds are no exception. The difference between Heralds and villains is that Heralds overcome their darkness. The difference between Heralds and cowards is that Heralds face their darkness and cowards run from it. The difference between Heralds and the cruel is that when Heralds slip and allow their darkness to speak, they are truly remorseful and make amends, thus allowing the wounds they caused to heal instead of fester." - Mercedes Lackey, Collegium Chronicles 2 : Intrigues

William K

Uniqueorn
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Cowardice asks the question - is it safe?
Vanity asks the question - is it popular?
Expediency asks the question - is it political?
But conscience asks the question - is it right?

There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, popular, or political; but because it is right.
Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

Adasta

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Hamlet said:
To die- to sleep.
To sleep- perchance to dream: ay, there's the rub!
For in that sleep of death what dreams may come
When we have shuffled off this mortal coil,
Must give us pause. There's the respect
That makes calamity of so long life.
For who would bear the whips and scorns of time,
Th' oppressor's wrong, the proud man's contumely,
The pangs of despis'd love, the law's delay,
The insolence of office, and the spurns
That patient merit of th' unworthy takes,
When he himself might his quietus make
With a bare bodkin?
Who would these fardels bear,
To grunt and sweat under a weary life,
But that the dread of something after death-
The undiscover'd country, from whose bourn
No traveller returns- puzzles the will,
And makes us rather bear those ills we have
Than fly to others that we know not of?
Thus conscience does make cowards of us all,
And thus the native hue of resolution
Is sicklied o'er with the pale cast of thought,

And enterprises of great pith and moment
With this regard their currents turn awry
And lose the name of action.

Emphasis added.

Vasilisa

Symbolic Herald
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
When I read this I immediately thought of my kindred INFPs, and so I offer it to you:

"A dreamer is one who can only find his way by moonlight, and his punishment is that he sees the dawn before the rest of the world."

Oscar Wilde