User Tag List

Thread: INFJ functions

Enneagram
    CFV

Question INFJ functions

I'm an INFJ, and as I understand my functions are (in order) supposed to be Ni, Fe, Ti and Se.
    Don't get me wrong, I see myself using a whole lot of Fe, but it seems to me that I use Se more than Fe for my secondary function, is that possible for an INFJ? Does it make me another type?
    I really need any help I can get regarding this, I've been confused for quite a while.

Thanks in advance to anyone who replies

Edit:Are there any other INFJ's who feel this way?

From the Undertow CuriousFeeling's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfJ
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    EII

You're not the only one who doesn't use textbook INFJ cognitive functions. I tend to score higher on Fi than Fe, and have higher use of Te than Ti. I can seem INTJ-ish, except like an inside-out version of one, if that makes sense. My function order goes Ni>Fi=Te=Fe>Ti>Ne>Si>Se. The thing is, I'm usually organizing my external world with a comparison against my intuitions/premonitions. I enjoy a great deal of experimentation and empiricism like INTJs, seeing which method is most efficient and useful in obtaining a desired end result. I like evidence, and hate chaos. I can sometimes come across as calculating and scheming. Thing is, generally, the way I interact with others is more closely represented with the INFJ description.

So, it can be possible that you will see fluctuations with your cognitive functions... it depends on what is going on in your life that prompts each of them to be used. Technically though, according to Jung, if your dominant cognitive process is Ni, it should be coupled with a judging function such as Te and Fe... a way to make sense of your external world according to your premonitions. Just out of curiosity, what's your functional order?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Johari/Nohari

“Thoughts are the shadows of our feelings -- always darker, emptier and simpler.”
    ― Friedrich Nietzsche

MBTI
    INFJ

From MBTI's point of view; No, that's not how it works. You need a perceiving function (N or S) and a judging function (F or T) as your first two functions. You need to have a way to perceive and judge. Also, one of them needs to be introverted and the other one extraverted, because we need a way to deal with the inner and the outer world.

But I'm not saying that's how you are. MBTI has its limits.

Anyway, ESTP (SeTi) is INFJ's shadow personality. As I understand, it is most visible when dealing with stress and shows in a negative fashion... Could it be that Se is working against you? No? Could you describe how Se shows up in your life?

Enneagram
    CFV

I just read about it some more and asked a few of my friends what they thought, and many of them said that they see more Fe than Se. And when I think about it more, I do too. I'm just so used to the Fe that I don't really notice it and I think accidentally mistake some of it as Ni.
    Sorry for the confusion>.<

Enneagram
    CFV

I just read about it some more and asked a few of my friends what they thought, and many of them said that they see more Fe than Se. And when I think about it more, I do too. I'm just so used to the Fe that I don't really notice it and I think accidentally mistake some of it as Ni.
    Sorry for the confusion>.<