• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NF] INFJ and INFP males: What do you hate/love about them?

jtanSis1

MBTI Type
INFP
I know this might be dooming us more than usual, but I figure why not since there's a female one.

Were the guys who call every day and don't ask girls out, but are not playing hard to get.

FalseHeartDothKnow

MBTI Type
INFP
You guys have a kind of gentle, genuine warmth that resonates from you, and draws people in. As well as this, you're fairly self-contained at times, which means that people can feel valued around you without feeling smothered. I do think it's difficult for a lot of (wo)men to know if you're romantically interested instead of generally interested, as it seems you find it hard to initiate and sustain romantic contact through nerves or whatever...which is traditionally more accepted if you're an INFP/INFJ female somehow but y'know...

jtanSis1

MBTI Type
INFP
gentle, genuine warmth that resonates from you, and people can feel valued around you without feeling smothered.:hug:QUOTE]

Aww:wubbie: if only people would say that more often, we might do something with it, like change society for the better.

FalseHeartDothKnow

MBTI Type
INFP
...but INFJ/INFP males usually do change society for the better, but by reaching one/a few people at a time. The INFP/INFJ women I am close to are friendly, kind, warm etc but somehow they don't intrigue/draw me in like their male counterparts.

musicnerd93

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
LOVE:
Everything.

DISLIKE:
That it's considered bad for me, another INFP, to be romantically involved with one...When I want to be... :steam:

quietmusician

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
I'm slightly worried about this thread haha. But all jokes aside, we are understanding..I mean, that's awesome, right? I'm not really into cutesy stuff and I may spend time behind my walls, but once you're in..you'll make a difference.

Arclight

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
The only thing I can come up with.. A bit argumentative.

And I have a friend IRL who I am positive is an INFP .. he wrote a school essay comparing suicide bombers to Jesus..

So maybe a few of them have some odd ideals..

But that is all

OOOH except, lets not forget how manipulative we can be :whistling:

Loliz

MBTI Type
Infp
Enneagram
6w7
I've got a lot of male INFP friends considering how few there are supposed to be! They
will all go dancing with me and put on costumes and have the most silly conversations in the world. The sincerity and self effacement is sometimes overwhelming, but so is mine. Yay, INFP men!

Rainne

One day and the next
MBTI Type
ISTP
like:

-they seem to have a sense of higher purpose

dislike:

-we just don't see eye to eye lol

musicnerd93

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
How is that bad? It's still trying a relationship.

Well, according to all the typology sites I've checked out, they think it's a bad match because there's too much emotion and there needs to be an emotional balance...Or something like that...

More Loves:
-Some of the nicest guys you'll ever meet.
-Lots of fun!
-They can jump onto your wavelength quite easily.
-One of very few guys in existance that don't mind being strange or talking about weird things. :yes:
-Artistic. (I've always had a "thing" for artistic guys. :wubbie: )

man

MBTI Type
IntP
Enneagram
=)
i hate them cause theyre pansy :mad:

21%

You have a choice!
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Were the guys who call every day and don't ask girls out, but are not playing hard to get.

Call every day? Honestly? The bad news is once you're in a relationship you stop calling...

(Sorry, personal issue :D)

Red Herring

Superwoman
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
One of the great INF men in European literature: Werther!

The Sorrows of Young Werther by Johann Wolfgang von Goethe - Project Gutenberg

werthers_tod.jpg

Stanton Moore

morose bourgeoisie
MBTI Type
INFP
INFP's get bogged down by all the possibilites, so they freeze and do nothing.

INFJ's are more rigid, and need an authority to give them an opinion.

Commonalities: they're all basically half women. Put a penis on a female infp/j and you get the male version.

Abstract Thinker

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
We're scared of fighting because we have visualized what our anger might make us do.

Wow, this took my breath away. Well said indeed. And I apologize in advance for what will surely be a long post...

To the member who called us pansies: do not commit the common error of mistaking our kindness for weakness.

Listen: I've had my share of physical altercations. I'm 11-1, and the one "loss" was my allowing the guy one punch because I knew I deserved it. I only allowed him one though, and he sensed that, and he wisely let it go.

A few memorable ones:

- My father visited me in college a few months after he had a minor heart attack. We got a bit drunk at my favorite local (my father less than me of course), and we hit it off with a group of guys who were friendly enough, but a bit rowdy. Fine. Upon leaving the pub though, the rowdiest of them pushed my dad playfully in the chest, but enough to make him falter. In a flash, that fellow was on the street beneath me, and he was about to die for all I cared. To say I "saw red" would be a massive understatement. Two of his mates could see what was coming, and they wisely grabbed his arms and literally dragged him down the street away from me. The fellow that was left of that group apologized while walking backward and said this of his friend: "He's one of the best college wrestlers I've ever known and I've never seen him go down so fast. Thanks for not hurting him." I would have killed him without remorse had he actually been a threat to my dad.

- A few years ago at a club in a rural southern town, a drunk young fellow started harassing and dancing "too close" to a couple female friends of my ex-wife. He actually reached out to touch one of them. Big mistake. I couldn't hear a thing, but I could see what was happening. If that guy had not been faster of foot than I, he would have regretted ever waking up that day. He and his buds left the club right quick.

- At a pool party a few years ago, another drunk fellow (this one much bigger and stronger than I), was playing like he was gonna throw a pregnant friend of mine in the pool. He actually picked her up, and she screamed. Game over. I pried his grip free and spun him around as quick as you please, and helped my friend back to her seat. He turned to face me, saw the look in my eyes, and rapidly backed off. Good move. I saw him sitting quietly later, obviously brooding and feeling foolish, and my impulse was to go shake his hand and tell him "no hard feelings, but stay away from my friends." My ex-wife said, "F**k him, he deserves to feel bad." She is most decidedly not an INFP. (Edit: my friend's non-INFP husband was right there, and he did nothing. He thanked me later when nobody else was around.)

I could go on, about protecting my Cross Country coach in high school from a bunch of bikers, or taking on three bullies to protect three of my non-INFP male friends right after high school, but by now I've made my point, which is this:

Hurt me? Fine. I can take it. But stay away from those that I love. I have a hero complex, and when protecting a loved one, I have absolutely no fear of harm, or even death. I'm pretty sure this is a common trait of the male INFP.

Just some words to the wise, and to correct a common misconception about my "type." I'm as gentle as they come, and I would literally give any of you the shirt off my back, but tread carefully around my loved ones... there is a raging beast lurking just beneath my placid surface. As angel_m said above, it does scare me what I'm capable of.

Okay, I'm calming down now. Just remembering those incidents made me shake with fury. Carry on good people.

Abstract, out.

---

Edit: I paused my DVR to write that post. (Been traveling for work and taking the day off.) Anyway, I'm in the middle of "Sense and Sensibility" and I'm loving every minute of it. I'm actually sitting here giggling and clapping at this "chick flick." Yeah, I'm sensitive, and I do have female traits, but again, the male INFP is somewhat of a paradox in that regard...

I love chatting happily with women, but in a breath, I would draw my sword and gladly die to protect their honor.

I was born two hundred years too late.

Arclight

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
INFP's get bogged down by all the possibilites, so they freeze and do nothing.

INFJ's are more rigid, and need an authority to give them an opinion.

Commonalities: they're all basically half women. Put a penis on a female infp/j and you get the male version.

This is very interesting. Really very interesting.. It completely reverses everything.
and yes!! I usually test right in the middle of brain gender tests.

But man!! You don't know it. But your post just about might be the most groundbreaking idea I have come across in months.

:thinking: