• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NF] INFJ and INFP males: What do you hate/love about them?

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm heterosexual so I don't know where this comes from.
More likely doesn't mean you all are, it just means more than one would expect in the general population. Say 20% vs 10%, or whatever.

angell_m

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxFx
Enneagram
5w4
More likely doesn't mean you all are, it just means more than one would expect in the general population. Say 20% vs 10%, or whatever.

I "ninjaed" that one. Twice actually. Because it sounded like I accused you for stating something when you in fact asked a question. My bad.

INA

now! in shell form
MBTI Type
intp
The only bad thing about being an INFP male is that you can't "pick up" women, it's more in the lines of being "picked up" by women. The good thing about it though is that you get all the perverted aggressive women, in all kinds of ages =)
OMG did we date?
this is one of the things I both like and dislike about infps.

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The only bad thing about being an INFP male is that you can't "pick up" women, it's more in the lines of being "picked up" by women. The good thing about it though is that you get all the perverted aggressive women =)
Lucky for you, perverted aggressive women are not in short supply. ;)

ConstantlyImagining

MBTI Type
INFJ
Are INF men more likely to be gay?
Has anyone studied sexual orientation + type?

From what I have personally observed there seems to be a marginally larger percentage of homosexual males in the INFJ male population than in other types. However, this is just a personal observation and I do not have any quantifiable data to substantiate that observation.

I am an asexual though and on a poll that was done, the majority of asexuals seemed to be INXXs. That being said, given that it was an internet poll the results may have been skewed

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Aw, I said "all" the perverted aggressive women :doh: I deserve to have my cool points revoked immediately.
:sadbanana:

Don't worry kiddo, you're INFP, so you didn't have that many to lose.;)

William K

Uniqueorn
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
No, but they seem like it...

To other men perhaps, but the women usually can tell the difference. I've been refered to as the "only straight guy" in my gym class by 2 different women (who are just acquaintances) in the past couple of weeks.

Vasilisa

Symbolic Herald
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
love

I do have any in my life currently (to my knowledge) but the INFx fellas I have gotten to know on the board I find delightful.
I like their approachability, warm, considerate natures, unpretentiousness, emotional depth, sense of humor, and idealism.
Its fair to say I'm smitten. :blush:

Snuggletron

Reptilian
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
I do have any in my life currently (to my knowledge) but the INFx fellas I have gotten to know on the board I find delightful.
I like their approachability, warm, considerate natures, unpretentiousness, emotional depth, sense of humor, and idealism.
Its fair to say I'm smitten. :blush:

ohgawd.jpg

Thursday

Earth Exalted
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
The only bad thing about being an INFP male is that you can't "pick up" women, it's more in the lines of being "picked up" by women. The good thing about it though is that you get all the perverted aggressive women, in all kinds of ages =)

And how. I cannot respect someone who makes googly eyes and doesn't follow up.

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
This is a tough question, since everything I love about each one is pretty much exactly everything I hate about the other.

INFP and INFJ are so so so so so different. Sticking them together in a thread like this confuses me. =/

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
This is a tough question, since everything I love about each one is pretty much exactly everything I hate about the other.

Can you explain this a bit more? I've always found this tendency in some ENTPs to be really interesting, and haven't fully figured out what's going on yet.

Arclight

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
if you only fixate on those differences. INFJs & INFPs aren't worlds away.

I agree with this.. They are so similar in many ways I can't always tell them apart. It's like regional dialects of the same language.

Arclight

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
If you will.

Or you could say it's like Canadian french VS Parisian french..

It's just an analogy.

I mean really, how different is an INFP with a 52% P preference, going to be to an INFJ with a 52% J preference?

The difference would be akin to an accent and few different slang's.