User Tag List

First 12

Thread: Overactive Fe.

ReflecTcelfeR

I'd say it would be. Though Fe requires Ti to become Fi... which means that Fe would require Fi and Te to become Fe. Perhaps?

Glycerine

Quote Originally Posted by ReflecttcelfeR View Post
    I'd say it would be. Though Fe requires Ti to become Fi... which means that Fe would require Fi and Te to become Fe. Perhaps?
    You might be onto something. However some would say that it is just "synthesized Fi or Fe".
    Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunrise View Post
    So is this something that Fe and Fi actually have in common?
    If it is, let's have a great big partay!

ReflecTcelfeR

Quote Originally Posted by Pitseleh View Post
    You might be onto something. However some would say that it is just "synthesized Fi or Fe".

If it is, let's have a great big partay!
    It wouldn't be synthesized because of the fact that we all have it, it would be the fact that it just requires more work to use it, which I think makes logical sense. I understand what you mean though, luckily this argument is easily refuted.

Glycerine

Quote Originally Posted by ReflecttcelfeR View Post
    It wouldn't be synthesized because of the fact that we all have it, it would be the fact that it just requires more work to use it, which I think makes logical sense. I understand what you mean though, luckily this argument is easily refuted.
    haha agreed! Just sayin'.

ReflecTcelfeR

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/so

My Fe hit me very hard at age of 10-11 and until around 21-22 I was really oversensitive to everything around me. Then suddenly my Ti started developing. This was prompted by several factors, one being a relationship with a person who had well-developed Ti so I got a chance to flex my own Ti against his. Another factor being (don't laugh now, but I really think this had an effect) playing competitive online games where I found myself deriving joy from winning over other players, most of whom were NTs. Ti tells me that in some instances it makes no logical sense to be overly sensitive and absorb every little projection of negative feelings towards me like a sponge. Ni nods approvingly and supports Ti as little offenses to Fe obviously do not factor into the bigger picture of things, and prevent me from moving on, thus should be dismissed.

However I hate how rationally selfish Ti can sometimes be. When I am not directly interacting with real people, the Ni-Ti association can take over my mind and lead me thinking down a very cold-hearted calculating path. It also turns my mind into like a knowledge-vampire that 'uses' other people for sake of learning something out of them and loses interest once everything has been learned.

So yeah, Ti is not a pretty thing either in excess, but operating with only Ni-Fe socially was extremely emotionally taxing on me. Development of Ti was like a breath of fresh air in comparison to the mess I felt before.

ReflecTcelfeR

So it is the development of auxillary function in both cases that help keep the relief function cool.... I have some work to do on my Ti. Thank you for this confirmation sulfit.