User Tag List

First 12

1. what is Fi for you...how do you feel yourself using it...?

My Fi is about love, forgiveness, open acceptance of others, seeking endless happiness for others, and feeling their pain and hurt. It drives to try and fix the pain they are in. I am energized by knowing I have made others suffer less pain by my actions. It is about personal freedom (tainted with Ne of course). It values authenticity, although i am learning to step away from a need to be extremely true to what Fi tells me. Fi values integrity, loyalty, hard work, never giving up in a personal goal, teamwork and self sacrifice, devotion. Note those are all very Te-ish.

Fi also does this odd thing-kinda like satine said-it loves really complex things of beauty. I think it tries to mirror them internally as I feel amazing upwellings of emotion when I watch the ocean for instance...

oceans and clouds are totally okay fodder for Fi. People are scary as hell.

2. Do you externalize your Fi judgments and let others know what you think?

I only show pure Fi judgments if someone else is being hurt. Otherwise I do not feel comfortable passing ethical judgments on others if I do not have a logical argument to support them. For instance I dont believe the death penalty is morally okay, but in an argument I would argue it is costly and inefficient and avoid moral arguments. They dont seem convincing to me. I need data.

3. How much Fi vs Te do you use and do you feel it has shaped you differently?

Te all the way. i have the Te of a 50 year old ENFP but the Fi of an 8 year old ENFP. It makes me interesting, but emo-dumb sometimes.

4. Do you find you have weird Fi values at times from others?

I have value Logic over immediate compassion if I know the logical answer is in the best interest of the group long term. This is very common in ENFPs in corporate america.

Long ago I learned that Fi actually needs to be ignored when I am evaluating logical problems. I built an Fi value that says I need to ignore Fi when using Te. Otherwise I will get offended if my answer is questioned by another person-defensive Fi, which makes no sense when solving math problems...

I am offended by time travel Seriously, it TOTALLY freaks me out and I dont like to watch movies or read books about it. I get this total crazy gut Fi repulsion at the idea of time travel-BAD yuck!! (Its rather funny.) My INTJ wanted me to read this 1632 book where whole societies just get chunked down side by side. THAT book is a total Si FAIL! We will not be reading that crazy stuff...Bad! How can I know what to feel/think about a topic if you mixed up all the Si memories and tangled them in a big mess?

5. How does your Fi vary from INFP Fi?

Peace baby whheeeeeerrrreeee aaareeeee yoooooouuuuuu? I dunno, which was why I asked the question. I really am interested in how much Fi a typical ENFP evolves vs the Fi usage seen in an INFP. How are they the same and how do the differ. Id suggest my Fi is almost tert Fi in how it functions at times. I get romance advice from the INTJf for christ's sake....

6. Do you ever feel conflicted by Fi vs Te finding different paths?

Not normally as I always go with Te or Te layered on an Fi foundation. The only time this doesnt work is if it purely an Fi problem-like processing emotions. I kinda screw this up and am learning to get better.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    937 so/sx

I am here ...

I am curious too to see what kind of answers everyone shares ... I am just afraid of answers like, "When I am depressed I am like INFP Fi" ...

'Cause that stereotype exists around here, and I see it posted here and there, from time to time, "Hi I am an ENFP but when I was a teenager wow I was such an INFP because I was so sad and unhappy".

Sorry to be curmudgeonly ...

Personally I think an ENFP's Fi is more on display to the world, and it has a more black and white quality at times, rather than shades of grey.

But that's all for the moment; c'mon you ENFP's get in here and post more!
    "Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one."
    Eleanor Roosevelt

"When people see some things as beautiful,
    other things become ugly.
    When people see some things as good,
    other things become bad."
    Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching

The Duchess of Oddity Queen Kat's Avatar
    MBTI
    E.T.
    Enneagram
    7w8

I can appreciate it in others, but I hate mine. It must die! How can I kill it?
    I was sitting outside the classroom waiting to go in, and I saw an airplane hit the tower. The TV was obviously on. I used to fly myself and I said, "There's one terrible pilot."
    - George W. Bush -

SCUAI - 7w8 sx/sp - Chaotic Evil - Fucking Cute - ALIVE

Blog. Read it, bitches.
    Questions? Click here
    If you don't agree about my MBTI type, you can complain about it here. I've had plenty of people telling me I'm something else, in my reputation box. That's annoying.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceBaby View Post
    I am here ...

I am curious too to see what kind of answers everyone shares ... I am just afraid of answers like, "When I am depressed I am like INFP Fi" ...

'Cause that stereotype exists around here, and I see it posted here and there, from time to time, "Hi I am an ENFP but when I was a teenager wow I was such an INFP because I was so sad and unhappy".

Sorry to be curmudgeonly ...
    you know what, peacebaby, i've been thinking a lot about that recently - the ENFP/INFP thing.

because i was like that when i first came to the forums, even though i didn't mean to offend anyone. my general thinking was "i think i'm an INFP but i'm just not 'dark' enough". it sounds stupid phrased like that, but i think i can give some kind of preliminary explanation, since now, a month later and having learned about functions and such, i've fully confirmed that i'm an ENFP.

from reflection upon this experience, i've gained two thoughts...

1. ENFP with low self-confidence tends to veer to two extremes: leaning either towards ESFP or INFP. the key in both cases is, of course, that ENFP is unhealthy, so they're using their functions in a poor way. so unhealthy ENFP may seem like an especially impractical and oblivious ESFP - or an especially depressive, withdrawn INFP. but they'll radiate neither the glowing down-to-earth warmth of the healthy ESFP nor the inspiring serenity of the healthy INFP.

2. unhealthy ENFP experiences a very different kind of "darkness" than healthy INFP. healthy INFP's seems to be (and correct me if i'm wrong) a communion with the unknown and a depth of feeling. healthy ENFP experiences this too, but we seem less interested in it/less comfortable there. it may even be a Fi related thing - stronger Fi seeks to connect more deeply, including negative feelings, while stronger Ne prioritizes connecting more broadly, and doesn't have time to plunge as deep. unhealthy INFP-like ENFP, however, is very different, because their darkness comes more from frustration of keeping things pent up and not Te-ing them out very well. at a healthy level, ENFPs can still be fairly quiet (my poor understanding of E/I = always social / needs alone time led me to believe that i was introverted), but we have a need to get lots of things out and preferably Te-analyzed. if we don't, that can create both the reserve and the "darkness" that can appear like INFP but fundamentally is very not.

anyway, yeah, just a few starting thoughts... like i was saying, ENFPs have a high need to Te stuff out let me know if you agree/disagree/think i am nuts

Personally I think an ENFP's Fi is more on display to the world, and it has a more black and white quality at times, rather than shades of grey.

But that's all for the moment; c'mon you ENFP's get in here and post more!
    woo posting

i agree that our Fi is more on display. though are we more black and white? i think that for me, on a few core issues (eg, is everyone deserving of love?), i can be very black and white, but for the majority everything is shades of grey. i think INFPs generally have more elaborately-developed Fi, if that is what you mean. mine kind of... floats in the breeze a bit. like a big fern or a willow or something... the main stalk is stronger and unwavering, but the rest is kinda swooshy. i see INFP Fi more like an oak... ENFP seems to contradict itself more, lol. INFP's Fi seems to get more and more nuanced but is still coherent... though these are just impressions.

Quote Originally Posted by Saint Kat
    convince it that it's Ti

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram
    7w8

Quote Originally Posted by Saint Kat View Post
    The back alley, sharp axe, nobody will know.