User Tag List

View Poll Results: My Fe burns like a white-hot volcano deep inside my...

Voters
69. You may not vote on this poll
  • uvula

    6 8.70%
  • spleen

    5 7.25%
  • anterior vena cava

    16 23.19%
  • left pinky finger

    7 10.14%
  • no-no zone

    21 30.43%
  • bladder

    4 5.80%
  • your bladder

    4 5.80%
  • both your bladder and mine and it's probably your fault

    32 46.38%
Multiple Choice Poll.
First 67891018 Last

Results 71 to 80 of 211

  1. #71
    jump sleuthiness's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    54 so/sp
    Socionics
    IEI Ni
    Posts
    1,860

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post
    Considering I need the same thing, this Fi-dom would have no problem understanding.
    Do you ever wonder if you're really istj?

  2. #72
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    2w1
    Posts
    35

    Default

    I have a hard time controlling someone in my efforts to help.

  3. #73
    The Black Knight Domino's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni
    Posts
    11,443

    Default

    I've noticed this recently - whenever I'm around a person I don't trust, I submarine HARD. I hardly speak, feel nothing but a powerful urge to scan them, over and over and over, picking them for data or "tells". I was around someone just a few days ago that sent my hackles up and I couldn't explain it to anyone, though my intuition and animal instinct bore me out. I also noticed that I faded out strongly in their presence and was told that I sounded curt while speaking.
    eNFJ 4w3 sx/so 468 tritype
    Neutral Good
    EII-Fi subtype, Ethical/Empath, Delta/Beta
    RLUEI, Choleric/Melancholic
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code
    Researcher: VDI-P
    Dramatic>Sensitive>Serious

  4. #74
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Posts
    3,278

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Domino View Post
    I've noticed this recently - whenever I'm around a person I don't trust, I submarine HARD. I hardly speak, feel nothing but a powerful urge to scan them, over and over and over, picking them for data or "tells". I was around someone just a few days ago that sent my hackles up and I couldn't explain it to anyone, though my intuition and animal instinct bore me out. I also noticed that I faded out strongly in their presence and was told that I sounded curt while speaking.
    Does it happen with complete strangers??
    Sometimes even just someone sitting on a bus or in coffee shop will just start sending the hairs on the back of my neck to attention.

  5. #75
    The Black Knight Domino's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni
    Posts
    11,443

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Arclight View Post
    Does it happen with complete strangers??
    Sometimes even just someone sitting on a bus or in coffee shop will just start sending the hairs on the back of my neck to attention.
    I do both. *nods* I find it an especially strong reaction when someone is presented to me as "friendly" and I'm expected to be "friendly" back, like a person being introduced into an established group. You have no overt reason not to like them, and yet there's something you can't put your finger on, and it illicits an almost feral barking-dog sort of response from me.

    Some people, it's just "there goes a harmless fake" and I merely shake my head. But other people, I just bow up and start growling and I get looks because I'm normally a convivial presence.
    eNFJ 4w3 sx/so 468 tritype
    Neutral Good
    EII-Fi subtype, Ethical/Empath, Delta/Beta
    RLUEI, Choleric/Melancholic
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code
    Researcher: VDI-P
    Dramatic>Sensitive>Serious

  6. #76
    Iron Maiden fidelia's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sx
    Posts
    11,088

    Default

    Do you guys experience Dom-Tert loops? In your case, that would be Fe-Se. What would that look like? I am well-acquainted with INFP Fi-Si loops or INFJ Ni-Ti loops, so I assume each kind has their own variety.

  7. #77
    Glycerine
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Domino View Post
    I've noticed this recently - whenever I'm around a person I don't trust, I submarine HARD. I hardly speak, feel nothing but a powerful urge to scan them, over and over and over, picking them for data or "tells". I was around someone just a few days ago that sent my hackles up and I couldn't explain it to anyone, though my intuition and animal instinct bore me out. I also noticed that I faded out strongly in their presence and was told that I sounded curt while speaking.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arclight View Post
    Does it happen with complete strangers??
    Sometimes even just someone sitting on a bus or in coffee shop will just start sending the hairs on the back of my neck to attention.
    Quote Originally Posted by Domino View Post
    I do both. *nods* I find it an especially strong reaction when someone is presented to me as "friendly" and I'm expected to be "friendly" back, like a person being introduced into an established group. You have no overt reason not to like them, and yet there's something you can't put your finger on, and it illicits an almost feral barking-dog sort of response from me.

    Some people, it's just "there goes a harmless fake" and I merely shake my head. But other people, I just bow up and start growling and I get looks because I'm normally a convivial presence.
    I am totally like this when someone tries too hard to be "smart", "caring", friendly. etc. I'm usually wondering why they are acting overly friendly. My good friend had a friend that ALWAYS went on and on about how great of a person she was (basically asking for validation and trying to soothe her conscience) and she thought she was so freaking smart but was actually pretty dumb (probably another EXFJ). I got a bad feeling from her but I really had to reason for it until she screwed my friend out of a lot of money a year later.

  8. #78
    Senior Member Sparrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    2,532

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pitseleh View Post
    I am totally like this when someone tries too hard to be "smart", "caring", friendly. etc. I'm usually wondering why they are acting overly friendly. My good friend had a friend that ALWAYS went on and on about how great of a person she was (basically asking for validation and trying to soothe her conscience) and she thought she was so freaking smart but was actually pretty dumb (probably another EXFJ). I got a bad feeling from her but I really had to reason for it until she screwed my friend out of a lot of money a year later.
    Word, Im weary of people who are overly nice and try way to hard...its a turn off, it makes them seem really weak, and it makes me suspicious. I dont give them the time of day, or try not to anyway.
    Fe | Ni | Se | Ti ... 3w4 ... Lawful Neutral ... Johari -Nohari

  9. #79
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Posts
    3,278

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pitseleh View Post
    I am totally like this when someone tries too hard to be "smart", "caring", friendly. etc. I'm usually wondering why they are acting overly friendly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparrow View Post
    Word, Im weary of people who are overly nice and try way to hard...
    What I find interesting is that.. ENFJs and Fe in general are accused of this often.

  10. #80
    Glycerine
    Guest

    Default

    I was actually thinking about that when I wrote that. I guess what I was thinking was that some people are so forced in how they present themselves that it doesn't seem natural. If you really are who you say you are then you don't have to constantly prove to others that you are what you say you are. That's my philosophy. Many ENFJs are insanely nice and friendly but the ones who are genuinely so aren't doing it just to convince to others that they are "nice" or "friendly". People who do things primarily to prove themselves to others are people who I consider "fake". Basically, I think that people who try too hard are overcompensating for a real or perceived deficit. For example, i have noticed that the so-called "know it alls" in my classes aren't usually the brightest bulb in the class but they talk, talk, and talk to PROVE to people how freaking smart they are...

Similar Threads

  1. [ENFP] Common ENFP issues
    By Amargith in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 781
    Last Post: 11-25-2017, 08:13 PM
  2. [INFJ] Common INFJ issues
    By fidelia in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 686
    Last Post: 10-20-2017, 07:41 PM
  3. [INFP] Common INFP Issues
    By Seymour in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 398
    Last Post: 09-28-2017, 10:43 PM
  4. [ENTP] The Limits of Awesomeness (alternatively, Common ENTP Issues)
    By Qre:us in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 08-09-2011, 10:23 AM
  5. [INFJ] UNCOMMON? OR COMMON INFJ ISSUES?!?
    By Lenian in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-31-2011, 05:16 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO