User Tag List

View Poll Results: My Fe burns like a white-hot volcano deep inside my...

Voters
69. You may not vote on this poll
  • uvula

6 8.70%
  • spleen

5 7.25%
  • anterior vena cava

16 23.19%
  • left pinky finger

7 10.14%
  • no-no zone

21 30.43%
  • bladder

4 5.80%
  • your bladder

4 5.80%
  • both your bladder and mine and it's probably your fault

32 46.38%
Multiple Choice Poll.
First 3456715 Last

Glycerine

Trying to have an uber serious conversation with a group of ENFJs is typically not going to last long. I think most ENFJ don't want a downer mood prevailing so when it gets too serious someone seems to always make a joke... oops I did that to my INFP teacher all the time and would get on his nerves...

Protean even made a thread about this because she was frustrated with ENFJs for not taking things seriously enough. HAHAHA, it might even be a common problem for ENFJs.... Thanks for your help.

Lungs & Lips Locked Unkindloving's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    ENFj

Quote Originally Posted by Pitseleh View Post
    Trying to have an uber serious conversation with a group of ENFJs is typically not going to last long. I think most ENFJ don't want a downer mood prevailing so when it gets too serious someone seems to always make a joke... oops I did that to my INFP teacher all the time and would get on his nerves...

Protean even made a thread about this because she was frustrated with ENFJs for not taking things seriously enough. HAHAHA, it might even be a common problem for ENFJs.... Thanks for your help.
    HOW DARE YOU POINT OUT ONE OF OUR POTENTIAL ISSUES IN THE ISSUES THREAD?!

I was thinking this, actually. It's a bit surprising how we're not too super serious, especially in comparison to the other issue threads. Probably a good sign that the others will buckle down and elaborate, but we'll have a lolfest to keep our inner bubbles safe and happy.
    I've been meaning to buckle down and get fer srs in here, but not just yet.
    Hang on traveling woman - Don't sacrifice your plan
    Cause it will come back to you - Before you lose it on the man

.:: DWTWD ::.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

2011 TypeC Exercise Challenge - My Weekly Goals: Cardio 4x. Yoga/Pilates 1x. Pushups 70.

There is this thing keeping everyone's lungs and lips locked - It is called fear and it's seeing a great renaissance

Glycerine

To be honest, I don't really want to think about my flaws because I think I am already aware of most of flaws so yeah... I think it's depressing to analyze my potential downfalls with strangers and it is no fun. For me, my flaws are quite personal and I like to analyze them in private. If I need outside opinion, I ask people I trust. I think ENFJs have the intense privacy of INFJs but they have a outer friendly shell to distract others away from it.

Oh I thought of another possible flaw of some ENFJs. Very Nosy: I am guilty of this but not quite as bad as my ENFJ teacher. He would ask me little overly personal questions like "did you get dropped on your head as a baby (in all seriousness)?" because he was a very curious person. One time, he went through my stuff just to see what interesting books I had. I was like " uhhhh...thanks for going through my things..."

^ Your teacher sounds more creepy then nosey! Were your things left out in the open?
    Fe | Ni | Se | Ti ... 3w4 ... Lawful Neutral ... Johari -Nohari

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Domino View Post
    Excellent news, my fine lady. I can hardly wait to hear your lucid and insightful inputs.

*Reality leaking like a sieve
    *Great expectations that become obsessive drives when it's clear I'm asking too much of myself or my situation
    *Others' emotions lodging in me like bullets
    *The need to make mean or nasty things less so because it's so hard to accept or process through
    *Being oblivious to my surroundings
    *The need to make very bad situations "okay" for myself or others even if I have to lie to myself or gloss over the worst parts for others so I/they can cope
    *Putting my needs dead last/overextending myself
    *Becoming overwhelmed by all the terrible things in the world and becoming furiously angry/depressed
    *Feeling a need to perform and be pleasing 24/7
    *Bluntness (standing in stark contrast to my "cushioning" of blows)
    *Bad tempered and/or moodiness
    *Need to be left alone for hours each day
    *Awful scathing sarcasm when really angry
    Wow..that's interesting actually...

Question, does the whole 'attention to detail' thing also come into play there? When you're cued in to other people's needs and emotions, does it make you paranoid that you missed little cues and details?

I have to say, I'm impressed that you guys can be in this mode 24/7. I grew up in a Fe-user family and it was kinda required to join in and it drained the living daylights out of me, needing hours of recharging later and constantly feeling scared that I missed something, forgot to do something, might have offended someone.

How do you deal with that?
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Pitseleh View Post
    To be honest, I don't really want to think about my flaws because I think I am already aware of most of flaws so yeah... I think it's depressing to analyze my potential downfalls with strangers and it is no fun. For me, my flaws are quite personal and I like to analyze them in private. If I need outside opinion, I ask people I trust. I think ENFJs have the intense privacy of INFJs but they have a outer friendly shell to distract others away from it.
    Very well-said. I'm filing that one away.

Oh I thought of another possible flaw of some ENFJs. Very Nosy: I am guilty of this but not quite as bad as my ENFJ teacher. He would ask me little overly personal questions like "did you get dropped on your head as a baby (in all seriousness)?" because he was a very curious person. One time, he went through my stuff just to see what interesting books I had. I was like " uhhhh...thanks for going through my things..."
    Why does this remind me of Yoda rifling through Luke Skywalker's things?

Quote Originally Posted by Sparrow View Post
    ^ Your teacher sounds more creepy then nosey! Were your things left out in the open?
    Seriously - next time, ask if he sees your "green mamba" Buddy in there. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Satine View Post
    Wow..that's interesting actually...

Question, does the whole 'attention to detail' thing also come into play there?
    Ni drives us hard into the realm of detail. At least that's been my experience. Sometimes I get so saturated in detail that I need someone with Ne to drag me back out and help me regain a more global view. Otherwise I may spend eternity trying to move from one piece of minutiae to the next, building a web.

I notice when we would draw that an ENTP friend would flesh out the whole overview while I felt I had no such expectations. I set a starting point and set about drawing breath from one small area at a time in full detail. I was always impressed with the way he could just fill the paper with his presence while I played alchemist with one tiny bit at a time.

When you're cued in to other people's needs and emotions, does it make you paranoid that you missed little cues and details?
    I should say that I become paranoid that I'm going to do or say something intrusive or completely off-base. I just assume that I'm wrong for some reason. *laugh*

I have to say, I'm impressed that you guys can be in this mode 24/7.
    If you aren't born into the body of Fe, it would be like being in hell. I already find it awful at times, like it's some huge cosmic joke on me. I'm glad I have the near equal strength of my Ni to bring the dragon to heel. When I find myself paying attention to other Fe primaries, or even the force of Fe tertiary users, I'm struck by the very nature of it, even cowed or a little alarmed by it.

I grew up in a Fe-user family and it was kinda required to join in and it drained the living daylights out of me, needing hours of recharging later and constantly feeling scared that I missed something, forgot to do something, might have offended someone.

How do you deal with that?
    I have no idea how you survived that. I would have run away like a scared rabbit for the nearest forest.
    eNFJ 4w3 sx/so 468 tritype
    Neutral Good
    EII-Fi subtype, Ethical/Empath, Delta/Beta
    RLUEI, Choleric/Melancholic
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code
    Researcher: VDI-P
    Dramatic>Sensitive>Serious

Glycerine

Quote Originally Posted by Sparrow View Post
    No they were not out in the open. He was just one of those OVERLY friendly people that might come off creepy if you didn't know what their true intentions were. For example, I told him that I might come visit him in his office a couple times. Then he said, "you should. I miss you (in a really low whisper)" At first, that really creeped me out but he never meant much by it.

Domino, he'll just get the mafia on me...he's from Chicago.

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

Buy a cheese-steak sandwich as insurance.
    Neutral Good
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code

Glycerine

Ohhhh I forgot cheese steak was a man's weakness...even more than a kick a to the groin.

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

Can you kick him in the groin with the sandwich? *contemplates possible physics*
    Neutral Good
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code