User Tag List

View Poll Results: My Fe burns like a white-hot volcano deep inside my...

Voters
69. You may not vote on this poll
  • uvula

6 8.70%
  • spleen

5 7.25%
  • anterior vena cava

16 23.19%
  • left pinky finger

7 10.14%
  • no-no zone

21 30.43%
  • bladder

4 5.80%
  • your bladder

4 5.80%
  • both your bladder and mine and it's probably your fault

32 46.38%
Multiple Choice Poll.
First 61415161718 Last

Dali

We need a thread for people seeking advice on ENFJs from ENFJs. Or can I just ask my question here?

Fe | Ni | Se | Ti ... 3w4 ... Lawful Neutral ... Johari -Nohari

Lay the coin on my tongue SilkRoad's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

I haven't read through all this thread (though I'm going to). But I really get the impression that ENFJs and INFJs are very similar. Not surprising I guess, considering the functions...but still more so than I would have expected. Then again, I'm a pretty Fe-heavy INFJ. I'm a more SJ-like INFJ than an NT-like INFJ and I sometimes test as an extrovert, though I know for a fact I am not.

Any comments on major differences between INFJs and ENFJs? Even ENFJs seem to comment about needing a good deal of time alone, etc.

It's just, I relate so much to a lot of the comments about processing emotional hurt and that sort of thing.
    Female
    INFJ
    Enneagram 6w5 sp/sx

I DOORSLAMMING

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

I frequently test as an INFJ (I chalked it up to being a 4w3) and there are many INFJs I relate to, perhaps more so than ENFJs of a type, though other 4-type ENFJs feel quite familiar to me. If your Fe and Ni are of nearly equal strengths (like mine) you may experience this dysphoria. And you're very welcome to post in this thread. I enjoy the collective conscience it brings.

If I were another type, I would easily be INFJ. If my ENFP sister were another type, she would be ENTP.
    eNFJ 4w3 sx/so 468 tritype
    Neutral Good
    EII-Fi subtype, Ethical/Empath, Delta/Beta
    RLUEI, Choleric/Melancholic
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code
    Researcher: VDI-P
    Dramatic>Sensitive>Serious

ReflecTcelfeR

My Fe affects mine and others bladders... From laughter?? It may be a tumor though.

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    3w2

Quote Originally Posted by *poke* View Post
    As far as I'm aware (and this could, of course, be glossing over a more painful reason...) is that I assume the other person isn't really that interested. I frequently hold back to see if the other person is going to pursue it. I understand how it could be perceived by other types as "playing games," but really I just don't trust that they'll a) respond to me in the nonjudgemental and genuinely interested way I'm looking for and b) actually want to know what I'm going to say, and have the patience to hear me out. It's a combination of trust/being self-conscious about talking about myself.
    Yes. This. This is EXACTLY how I feel. I'm exceptionally sensitive to others' judgements and perceptions, so I have to be extremely careful about who I open up to (as in they have to be genuinely interested and really nonjudgemental).

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9 sp/sx
    Socionics
    LIE

1. Giving more than the healthy half.
    2. Mistaking sympathy for love
    3. Tyrannizing the other person's growth in own hands
    4. Keeping pleasantries on the table when the knives are needed
    5. Being uncomfortable with receiving
    6. Self-abnegating or self-indulging under stress
    7. Bottling up emotions without sublimating
    8. Being genuine....but with many people so that it comes off as superficial
    I N V I C T U S

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    2w3
    Socionics
    ENFj

Quote Originally Posted by Glycerine View Post
    Add to that:
    manipulation when pissed.
    The constant battle of trying to please others and trying to be yourself.
    The pull to take on others' problems even when it may be none of our business
    Being too hard on ourselves
    Some of us can be major "martyr types" (not me)
    Hard to get to know and can seem closed off (come off way too formal and uptight)
    Can talk too much
    If we judge too hastily, we can up with some really wacky conclusions
    We can come off really "definite" and "absolute". It can come off judgmental whether or not we really feel that way about a topic.
    Can play devil's advocate and staunchly argue a position we don't necessarily believe in and be idiosyncratic with our beliefs (maybe more of a personal issue)
    With me personally, I like to test people to see how they will react (typically not harmful things but it still probably isn't the best thing to do).

....You have me nailed.
    No sir, you have me nailed. I have scoured the internet for some explination fo playing the devil's advocate and could not find one. I do not know why I do it. (Honestly it pisses people off.) You think we would try to avoid it right?

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    2w3
    Socionics
    ENFj

I would like to ask my fellow ENFJs a question. Most of my relationships have started off swimmingly. I put a lot in, and people at first respond well to it. However, there always seems to be this point after a couple of months where they start to avoid me. (I guess I might have expressed myself to fully.) I know right away when someone is pulling away from me. It hurts, but I realize that they just don't want to see me so I act more distant. After another few months we usually become friends again. I have never had the problem with people twice. Once they have come back into my life, it is rare that they leave again. It is simply like clockwork. Do you know why this happens? Has this happened to you? Is it really as simple as being to smothering?

MBTI
    ENFj
    Enneagram
    2w3

I put a lot in, and people at first respond well to it. However, there always seems to be this point after a couple of months where they start to avoid me. (I guess I might have expressed myself to fully.) I know right away when someone is pulling away from me. It hurts, but I realize that they just don't want to see me so I act more distant. After another few months we usually become friends again.
    From my own personal experience, it is usually not people pulling away from me. I can look back on my behavior when this has occurred and I've realized that I am the one who began putting up barriers with the other person. This is most especially true if I have had 'intense' contact with someone for an extended period of time. In my chaotically busy world, an extended period of time can amount to just a few days . The feedback that I received when I was younger (and actually worried about it) was always interesting. An enthusiastic, "Where have you been stranger!?!", usually started a mini-reunion with someone whom I believed didn't want to have much to do with me. The truth (for me anyway) is that I've come to recognize that intense contact with someone that I really like can be draining and sometimes I have to regroup. I am a little more careful nowadays to try to keep my enthusiasm in check and stay self aware to the early signals that I am getting tired. That's not to say that this doesn't still happen, however, as I've gotten older it has happened less often.
    "At points of clarity, I realize that my life on earth is meaningless, and that I am merely a pawn in a bigger game. A game I cannot possibly understand or have control of. Thankfully, before depression sets in, I drift back into my cloudy, bewildered daily routine." **Joel Patrick Warneke**