User Tag List

View Poll Results: My Fe burns like a white-hot volcano deep inside my...

Voters
69. You may not vote on this poll
  • uvula

6 8.70%
  • spleen

5 7.25%
  • anterior vena cava

16 23.19%
  • left pinky finger

7 10.14%
  • no-no zone

21 30.43%
  • bladder

4 5.80%
  • your bladder

4 5.80%
  • both your bladder and mine and it's probably your fault

32 46.38%
Multiple Choice Poll.
First 91011121321 Last

MBTI
    ISFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Domino View Post
    Then a factor of trust is missing (not blaming anyone here, just saying). Either she has a history of having something to defend or perhaps she needs a primer in how to interpret and respond to your "opening up" questions? What is it exactly that you wish to deeply connect on?
    I just wanted to be her friend. Wanted to show her how I really am with people outside the family. She has no idea I have a sense of humor, am very relaxed and a bunch of other things. She just judges everything I do or say, so it's hard for me to put aside my Fi and just connect with her (specially since she places value on appearances so much). And she is 40 years older than me too...from a very different time and context...whatever lol

Banned
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

Quote Originally Posted by Moiety View Post
    The day I can convince my ENFJ that I'm ever right is the day I die happy.
    hahhaa, good luck with that, Moiety.
    Ha ha!!.. My sentiments exactly.

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

I just wanted to be her friend. Wanted to show her how I really am with people outside the family. She has no idea I have a sense of humor, am very relaxed and a bunch of other things. She just judges everything I do or say, so it's hard for me to put aside my Fi and just connect with her (specially since she places value on appearances so much). And she is 40 years older than me too...from a very different time and context...whatever lol
    Is this woman a mother figure or are you dating? Yes, I HAD to ask.
    eNFJ 4w3 sx/so 468 tritype
    Neutral Good
    EII-Fi subtype, Ethical/Empath, Delta/Beta
    RLUEI, Choleric/Melancholic
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code
    Researcher: VDI-P
    Dramatic>Sensitive>Serious

MBTI
    ISFJ

Is this woman a mother figure or are you dating? Yes, I HAD to ask.
    lol She's more like a Judge Dredd figure.

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

lol She's more like a Judge Dredd figure.
    LOL!!! I.... have no response.
    Neutral Good
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code

Glycerine

Then a factor of trust is missing (not blaming anyone here, just saying). Either she has a history of having something to defend or perhaps she needs a primer in how to interpret and respond to your "opening up" questions? What is it exactly that you wish to deeply connect on?

Sometimes my ENFP sister will shell me with questions (out of concern) and I'll automatically back up and ball up. Sometimes she'll say "XYZ needs to get done" and I respond "not this second/minute" for whatever reason (time constraints, late hour, present occupation, etc), and she'll say (mistified) "I didn't mean right NOW". I can't tell you how many of those little exchanges we've had and I've known her for 33 years. lol Sometimes she pushes me to open up, and I have a visceral repulsion to it - not because it's her, because I trust her with my life and would talk to her about most anything, but because I'm not ready.

It's difficult to get us to talk when we absolutely do NOT want to talk. The only other intuitive type I've met who's THAT evasive are INFJs. NFPS, even the introverted ones, might be amazed by just how on the surface they can live while much NFJs CANNOT. I'm submerged 98% of the time. I can't survive on the surface, not without a lot of help.
    People have accused of not forming my own opinions SO MANY TIMES. It's because I don't want you to figure me out or analyze me, fish buckets. As a result, I hide behind other people's perceptions until I'm ready. I was always the student who passive-aggressively rebelled against the teacher when we had to write our opinions on something somewhat personal or a personal narrative by writing I don't know, use someone else's opinion or bullshitting my way through. I am weary of people who try to pry information out of me.

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Pitseleh View Post
    People have accused of not forming my own opinions SO MANY TIMES. It's because I don't want you to figure me out or analyze me, fish buckets. As a result, I hide behind other people's perceptions until I'm ready. I was always the student who passive-aggressively rebelled against the teacher when we had to write our opinions on something somewhat personal or a personal narrative by writing I don't know, use someone else's opinion or bullshitting my way through. I am weary of people who try to pry information out of me.
    I was the person who sweated, shook and felt ill voicing an opinion in front of others, especially a class situation. I couldn't understand why I always felt like I was exposing myself. I got a lot of persecution for standing my ground when I *had* to take an angle, and I withstood even the most general pushing and punishing (not teasing or joking) with a level of discomfort that I hated and that puzzled me. The very sound of my voice raised above silence and listening ears made me want to melt into the floor.

Once my ESTP foreman was in a mood, and he asked me a really difficult grey-area question in front of everyone, put me on the spot, and I tried answering calmly but he kept pushing me and pushing me past one answer into the next, and I felt my temper rising until I finally bit his head off. I drew up short, feeling deeply troubled at having lost my cool (stupid Fe caring about what I've done to someone else all the time), but he only smiled broadly, toothpick in teeth, slowly turned to the rest of the men around me and said "She got smarts and fire, don' she?" I know he put that question to me because I could answer it and because I resisted this sort of thing and probably because he knew the way to push at me until I lit off.

I have no idea why I freak out so much, resist so hard against speaking my opinion (unless something truly bad is happening and I've got to go to war). If I'm in a combat situation, I'm going for it, but later, I know I'll process it over and over and over trying to determine if I was right or wrong or if I hurt the other person. I'm always afraid of overstepping my bounds. I'm always concerned that I've said too much.

lol @ fish buckets
    Neutral Good
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

I hate/resent anything that makes me want it.

You won't own me. Forget you. I don't have to want you if I don't need you. I'm not staring. I don't want you in three different colors and I don't care if you're on sale.
    Neutral Good
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code

Glycerine

haha a little extension of that, I CANNOT STAND being prodded to do anything. If I can sense some "behind the scenes" ploy to control or to persuade me to do something, I will fight hard and will go adamantly against you... I did this even as a 4 year old.

Banned
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

The more something is hyped.. the more I am likely to avoid it. It's funny how the more I read about,interact and understand ENFJs the more it becomes obvious we don't like being ENFJ'd .. That is to say.. If someone uses Fe and Ni against us, we resist.

I love it when someone actually gets me. I do not like it all when someones uses that understanding to handle me.

And just by writing that last sentence, it suddenly makes sense why ENFJs are accused of manipulation time and time again.