I've seen the Coyote Ugly movie... interesting when thought of as a bar + musical in one... I like musicals. But yeah, lots of people do not do these traditions at all.

We ARE similar, it's true! I think that's half of what rocks about this forum if you're an INFJ. You feel less like a crazy freak of nature, particularly when you're younger and figuring these things out. Or older and figuring these things out.

:soap:

Oh, and part with all the crazy customs you can. You never have to do something in the proscribed way. For example, I got married in a fairly normal way for my culture (multiple events, tons of people, meeting loads of relatives, way overdressed) and I just went to a wedding (the one above) with 35 people, no chairs at the ceremony, and a dinner at a fabulous restaurant that we 35 filled up. I thought it was fun to go to and wouldn't suck to be the bride and groom...

Regular weddings means you're a big, shiny, overdone center of attention. Some people love this and make a big deal of it - outfit changes, grand entrances. Me? All of that is torture.