User Tag List

Page 9 of 39 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: Common INFP Issues

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9w1

Quote Originally Posted by fidelia View Post
    I had never considered that other people don't have a fairly ready picture of how they feel towards someone else.
    Take this idea, and extend it to everything about us. We don't have a ready-made answer to give for anything. That's why we stand there with a dumbstruck look on our faces while you wait for us to answer. We have to derive the answer from scratch. You've asked us to build Rome in a day.
    "If you would convince a man that he does wrong, do right. But do not care to convince him. Men will believe what they see. Let them see."
    Thoreau

lab rat extraordinaire Array CrystalViolet's Avatar
    MBTI
    XNFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

^agreed.
    Currently submerged under an avalanche of books and paper work. I may come back up for air from time to time.
    Real life awaits and she is a demanding mistress.

lab rat extraordinaire Array CrystalViolet's Avatar
    MBTI
    XNFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

What I have observed here are the 9's are less likely bite, when firey fi rises in their belly. 9's are more naturally diplomatic. They seem to have the least prickly bits, and are the warmest of the INFP's. 4's bite some times, and are more about self expression. They seem a little more clearly defined within themselves, in some respects, and more individualistic, if that's possible.
    There are a few 5's. We are most cantankerous of the INFP's I feel. Admittedly that could just be me. I think we are the darkest and the most cynical of INFP, and we are more likely to enter the fray, so to speak. I haven't come across any other ennegram types that I can remember. I also feel the expression of the INFP personality varies between the sexes. Male INFP seem more mellow for the most part, and slightly more detached.
    Feel free to disagree with me.
    Currently submerged under an avalanche of books and paper work. I may come back up for air from time to time.
    Real life awaits and she is a demanding mistress.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Chunes View Post
    Take this idea, and extend it to everything about us. We don't have a ready-made answer to give for anything. That's why we stand there with a dumbstruck look on our faces while you wait for us to answer. We have to derive the answer from scratch. You've asked us to build Rome in a day.
    So when you are interacting and experiencing life, what is going through your head? 95% of what I'm doing during that time is deciding what I think about stuff and deciding why I have arrived at those conclusions. I'm also figuring out whether the new information I'm receiving matches up with my previous impressions and beliefs.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4sop
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by fidelia View Post
    So when you are interacting and experiencing life, what is going through your head? 95% of what I'm doing during that time is deciding what I think about stuff and deciding why I have arrived at those conclusions. I'm also figuring out whether the new information I'm receiving matches up with my previous impressions and beliefs.
    I am definitely not a blank slate when I interact and when I make decisions. I have very strong opinions and I judge kind of fast, but at the same time I am also very open to new information and I do not mind shifting my views, tweaking them, discarding some, growing others.

For example at work: I am concentrated on doing things right, on being polite and friendly. If I am not pulled out of my head, I think about my problems and possible solutions, I either wallow a bit or am happy and optimistic. It depends. I sometimes can consciously change my mood if I feel strong enough, when the outer environment is positive enough to change my internal emotions.

I love joking with the customers - not deep conversations - just hey, that's a cool tattoo, I want a tattoo too, oh don't get one, etc, etc. I enjoy it. It gets me out of my head. I enjoy being flirty and exchanging pleasant little talks. I rather be flexible than wrong.

Above just simply interacting with my external environment and 'calming' or 'spurring on' my internal environment, I have a higher goal in mind. I have an idea of how I want my life and every day I think about how I am getting closer, how I am becoming a better person to suit my inner, greater vision and goals.

I have been building my 'Rome' since my early-teens, I know some parts very well, some parts are still muddy, some parts are un-built but there are some parts that are very, very detailed and firm in my mind. Those core 3 or 5 ideas and values will never change, everything else I am not afraid to be flexible with.

I am not afraid of being flexible and open-minded, but I am afraid/concerned about being ethically wrong/inaccurate/inconsistent. I am always making sure things match up.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by musicnerd93 View Post
    I think of all the INFP common issues, romantic relationships are my worst. Me and romantic relationships do not get along. Don't get me wrong, I'm a romantic and would love to be in a romantic relationship. But...I can't. When I like them they don't like me and when they like me I DON'T LIKE THEM!!
    I agree, then when a mutual thing comes along something MUST happen to ruin it.

Other than that, biggest problem is taking action and moving forward with things. I won't go into detail but it is very hard for me to just do the damn thing.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    937 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post
    I also think there is quite a difference between INFP 4s and 9s (the most common enneagrams types for INFPs). A good chunk of what you write describing yourself does not ring true for me, and I don't think it's because it is not representative of some INFPs; it rings pretty true for how I imagine 9s would be, but as a 4, it is not very familiar to my experience and mindset.
    Thanks for your thoughts OA. I deleted my post as I felt too exposed and I didn't feel like it held a great deal in common with the 4 experience.

Perhaps I should put it back up anyway. Maybe some 9's can chime in and share too, like Udog ...
    "Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one."
    Eleanor Roosevelt

"When people see some things as beautiful,
    other things become ugly.
    When people see some things as good,
    other things become bad."
    Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None

Heh... I've only been skimming the thread. What sort of chiming in are we looking for here?

I like berries, especially blackberries, if that helps.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    937 so/sx

Ooooh we made the loveliest blackberry jam this year too.

Well, since you arrived so quickly, how can I not repost? BRB
    "Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one."
    Eleanor Roosevelt

"When people see some things as beautiful,
    other things become ugly.
    When people see some things as good,
    other things become bad."
    Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4~9

My biggest issue is that i do not like being alone alone... meaning home alone... I like being alone in my room or my head.. I just want some close people around so i can find them within 10 seconds.
    "...Have you fallen in love with the wrong person yet?"
    Jace said, "Unfortunately, Lady of the Haven, my one true love remains myself."
    "At least," she said, "you don't have to worry about rejection, Jace Wayland"
    "Not necessarily. I turn myself down occasionally, just to keep it interesting"

- The City Of Bones

Here is my blog where I post my thoughts and feelings. Please have a go and comment if you like.