User Tag List

Page 39 of 39 FirstFirst ... 29373839

Thread: Common INFP Issues

Senior Member Array misfortuneteller's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by skippythecat View Post
    do you identify emotion as part of your identity or a by-product?
    i personally don't.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

If I care about a person greatly, then my emotions create havoc with my communication skills. I generally shut down until the emotional hurricane calms down.

Then, I can logically articulate what I want to express without causing damage to myself or them.

However, if I am pushed to speak, and don't go into quiet withdrawal mode, then God only knows what will spew out.
    Likes itsbobo liked this post

Dear INFPs,

I'm an ENFP but I really, really need your help. My best friend (probably an INFP) has a lot of problems because of the breakup with her first true love five months ago. She just can't get over him and always hopes that he might come back to her although he already has a new girlfriend. It kills her to see how happy he is. For the last five months, she became very depressed. She cried the whole time, drank alcohol nearly every weekend and even started cutting herself. All of my friends think that she's just overreacting and don't take her problems seriously. But I can see how bad she's feeling. I just want to help her so bad but she won't let me.
    Do you have any idea what I can do? For me, her behaviour is definitely not normal and healthy anymore :/
    Thank you very much.
    coorooo

Junior Member Array
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w6
    Socionics
    IEI None

Quote Originally Posted by Hetaira View Post
    However, if I am pushed to speak, and don't go into quiet withdrawal mode, then God only knows what will spew out.
    Oh gosh yes. I was pushed to speak about something I felt was important to someone a few weeks back. They got me on the spot and I went into quiet, "beat around the bush" mode when really I could of gone full out direct, raw and honest mode if they had only given me time >_<

Junior Member Array
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w6
    Socionics
    IEI None

Quote Originally Posted by coorooo View Post
    Dear INFPs,

I'm an ENFP but I really, really need your help. My best friend (probably an INFP) has a lot of problems because of the breakup with her first true love five months ago. She just can't get over him and always hopes that he might come back to her although he already has a new girlfriend. It kills her to see how happy he is. For the last five months, she became very depressed. She cried the whole time, drank alcohol nearly every weekend and even started cutting herself. All of my friends think that she's just overreacting and don't take her problems seriously. But I can see how bad she's feeling. I just want to help her so bad but she won't let me.
    Do you have any idea what I can do? For me, her behaviour is definitely not normal and healthy anymore :/
    Thank you very much.
    coorooo
    She needs guidance! Not just in words but in actions - show her the real potential of discovering so much more - whether it be her career goals or that someone who can relate to her later on will be there (like a soulmate). Us INFPs tend to have this strong idealistic mindset that we end up holding onto a lot of things. However, some things we hold onto are fixable but the things that aren't (love) we have no control over and it pisses us off.

I would say try to find (or be) logical in your approach with her. Yes she needs comfort but a wake up call if it's been five months might be good.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by coorooo View Post
    Dear INFPs,

Thank you very much.
    coorooo
    No it's not normal and she needs professional help. Start with a doctor.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.