User Tag List

Page 36 of 39 FirstFirst ... 263435363738 ... LastLast

Thread: Common INFP Issues

Bizarre Love Triangle Array Puffypolma's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by hipsterpeterpan View Post
    Can anyone else relate to feeling annoying by just being ourselves? Like, I always feel like I'm annoying when I'm talking about something I'm passionate about, whether it be something to do with my idealistic values or something "unimportant" like fiction. I also kind of want to share my interests with people, but will try to do this passive-aggressively (like having my favorite songs playing when someone else is in the house, hoping they'll hear it and enjoy it with me). But then I remind myself to stop or shut up because I feel like I'm annoying everyone around me. Anyone relate to this?
    Same
    I don't want to die in a car accident. When I die it'll be a glorious day. It'll probably be a waterfall.
    -River Phoenix
    Likes PerpetuallyScreaming liked this post

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by Puffypolma View Post
    Same
    Hey! I'm glad I'm not alone in this. I've since come to realize that I'm an ENFP, but this still applies. Maybe it's an xNFP thing. :P

Bizarre Love Triangle Array Puffypolma's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Hey! I'm glad I'm not alone in this. I've since come to realize that I'm an ENFP, but this still applies. Maybe it's an xNFP thing. :P
    I guess it is
    I don't want to die in a car accident. When I die it'll be a glorious day. It'll probably be a waterfall.
    -River Phoenix
    Likes hipsterpeterpan liked this post

Junior Member Array
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Hi!

I was just wondering if this is an INFP trait or just an evolved trait (read: coping mechanism)

Are there any INFP's (or NP's, I think) who really enjoy organising?

I tend to find that I am no good at keeping things neat on a daily basis (routine averse), but I sometimes jump in and organise the hell out of something. I love clearing things out and tossing as much as possible. My room and work-space have things "grouped" and I know exactly where things are (even if it is under a pile of the same kind of thing). My desk at work is always cleared at the end of the day (not during working hours... then it is a mess of all I am working on) and my car tends to only have the odd water bottle lying about.

Curious if this is a personal quirk or something personality related.

Junior Member Array
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Can anyone else relate to feeling annoying by just being ourselves? Like, I always feel like I'm annoying when I'm talking about something I'm passionate about, whether it be something to do with my idealistic values or something "unimportant" like fiction. I also kind of want to share my interests with people, but will try to do this passive-aggressively (like having my favorite songs playing when someone else is in the house, hoping they'll hear it and enjoy it with me). But then I remind myself to stop or shut up because I feel like I'm annoying everyone around me. Anyone relate to this?
    Exactly! I was just having a discussion with my dad about MBIT and I got so annoyed with myself because I felt like I was trapping him in the discussion. I would NEVER force myself on anyone but my closest family and friends, but sometimes I feel like I have to force myself on them or I'd never get the chance to open up.

I get so frustrated when people use me as their emotional dumping ground without reciprocating. I love being the dumping ground, don't misunderstand, but it is so rare that I get to "let go". I'm equating emotion with things we are passionate about because I think the two are linked for our types

Loooove your username, by the way. I've had a crush on Peter Pan since forever.
    Likes hipsterpeterpan liked this post

Junior Member Array
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by theforsaken View Post
    Internally screaming when you know you have forgotten something incredibly important.
    Oh man, yes. And it happens way too often. Birthdays and other important events in other people's lives.
    Likes theforsaken liked this post

Junior Member Array
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Some of the best advice I've found for INFP's. It's the least generic and actually helpful.

Podcast - Episode 0055 - INFP Personality Type Advice

It has changed my life in a very good way

Junior Member Array
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by MadKitten View Post
    I personally believe that i have had a narcissistic personality disorder - and yes, i have been accused of narcissism and cruelty.

To your statement lecky i have to say that both extreme ends are unhealthy narcissism: caring too little and caring too much. For example taking care of other persons emotional needs above yourself and extensively is narcissism, you don't recognize your limit's nor the other persons private area. You see...Like being a therapist to another person and attaching him/her this way to you. INFP know how people feel and that's base for manipulation.
    Narcissism is not that simple term.

I dont know are these issues only common in INFP's, but like you can see above, my biggest problems have been several mental disorders: borderline personality disorder, narcissm, ptsd, depression, anxiety, social anxiety disorder, panic attacks, bipolar and so forth. My head drives me crazy.
    If you haven't, check out Podcast - Episode 0055 - INFP Personality Type Advice

I am in no way affiliated with it, it has just helped me, as an INFP, sooooo much.

I think, as INFP's, we have the ability to delve into emotion in a very intense way. In conjunction with our imaginations, we also have the ability to really "see" ourselves having mental disorders, when in reality it is just that we are willing to explore the dark side of the human psyche.

Because we are also so incredibly idealistic and tend to want everything around us to be morally perfect (whatever your morals may be), we start to believe that, if we have the ability to "go there" in our minds, we are probably inherently messed up.

Some of us might really have a problem extricating ourselves from those dark places, so I am not trying to undermine anyone really suffering from a disorder. It just helped me to understand why I always feel there was something wrong with me.

Every human being has dark and light. INFP's just tend to be willing to explore both places, which is what gives us the ability to understand and really empathise with almost anyone.

Junior Member Array conflictedobserver95's Avatar
    MBTI
    INxP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by AnneG View Post
    Hi!

I was just wondering if this is an INFP trait or just an evolved trait (read: coping mechanism)

Are there any INFP's (or NP's, I think) who really enjoy organising?

I tend to find that I am no good at keeping things neat on a daily basis (routine averse), but I sometimes jump in and organise the hell out of something. I love clearing things out and tossing as much as possible. My room and work-space have things "grouped" and I know exactly where things are (even if it is under a pile of the same kind of thing). My desk at work is always cleared at the end of the day (not during working hours... then it is a mess of all I am working on) and my car tends to only have the odd water bottle lying about.

Curious if this is a personal quirk or something personality related.
    When I'm stressed, I tidy things. More like EVERYTHING. It helps me think objectively, and I tend to make important decisions while I tidy. When my external life i disorganized, my head is disorganized. So I guess you could say I do use general organization as a coping mechanism.
    "When anything is blocking my head or there's worry in my life, I just go sit on Mars or something and look back here at Earth. All you can see is this tiny speck. You don't see the fear. You don't see the pain. You don't see thought. It's just one solid speck. Then nothing really matters. It just doesn't."

Heath Ledger

INxP 4w5 5w4 9w1 sp/sx

Enneagram
    5w4 so/sx

hello.
    I don't know if this applies to you guys, but-- don't you hate it when you can't give a reason in arguments? Especially in social, political stuff? Maybe it's just me?

Likes Ivy liked this post