User Tag List

Page 32 of 39 FirstFirst ... 223031323334 ... LastLast

Thread: Common INFP Issues

Saying one thing, meaning another and then being hurt and disappointed because someone didn't understand.
    “The world is full of obvious things which nobody by any chance ever observes." A.C. Doyle

Senior Member Array
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp
    Socionics
    INFj Fi

As an INFp I'd say that we have lots of issues and I wish the world was more peaceful, but I accept it as it is since nothing is perfect and the world runs on Te-doms.
    Some issues are:
    Dom Fi-Ne We're naturally sensitive and dreamy, so we can easily zone out and be unaware of what happened. Sometimes, we second guess ourselves and others which can be a disadvantage. That means we're too unsure of ourselves and other people's emotions.
    Low Te Because our thinking functions are weak, we're naturally so quiet and prone to passitivity. People may see us as illogical, delusional, or naive.

Be Concerned - TØP Array themightyfetus's Avatar

Losing track of everything, even if it's in plain sight...
    I don't mean to pry, but why would you even make the eyes?

6w7-2w3-9w1
    Likes Doria liked this post

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx

Being so damn cute, they attract the attention their introverted nature doesn't want ;D
    "Don't let a damned soul stomp on you for your age, but instead show them that you can be just as good as them in both morals and judgment"- 1 Timothy 4:12 in my own words that I can relate to.

Please vote on my johari window at
    http://kevan.org/jh/kensei16
    I promise it will not take long.
    Likes INFPtheQuietOne liked this post

Senior Member Array
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp
    Socionics
    INFj Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Kensei View Post
    Being so damn cute, they attract the attention their introverted nature doesn't want ;D
    Yeah, that happens to us INFPs and people think we are innocent because we never talk. We're stuck in our thoughts and everyone's thinks we're scared, hiding, or something.

Senior Member Array
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp
    Socionics
    INFj Fi

Other INFP Issues
    1. People always ask why we're so quiet.
    2. Being such a good listener we're used as dumping ground for other's problems.
    3. Clumsiness
    4. People see us as a pushover
    5. People think we're boring because we don't socialize much.
    6. Crowds
    7. People always ask you, "What's wrong?"
    8. Being a male, but not having masculine qualities
    9. Perceiving the good in everything to a fault
    10. Feeling overly guilty even though the other person was wrong
    11. People doubt us
    12. Why can't we all just get along?
    13. Violence/Conflict
    14. We are too personal.
    15. Responsibility
    16. We remember something so long ago like it was just yesterday
    17. We think too much of possibilities
    18. Being emo and negative
    19. Being too spacey
    20. Being startled/scared too easily
    21. Bad at multitasking
    22. Terrible at lying, manipulating, stuff con-artists do
    23. We get taken advantage of too easily
    24. Trying the cover up the fact that you're crying, but you can't
    25. Being too unsure of ourselves
    26. Misinterpreting other people
    27. People dislike us because they think we're antisocial loners
    Finally, we are just very misunderstood.
    I am extremely quiet, an outcast, and conflict-avoidant. But I also have strengths too, that I can forgive you all because you are unique and special. I kill with kindness, hating violence and social conflicts. People always bully me into actually talking, but I can't. Just be your true self and know your strengths and weaknesses. Some weaknesses we cannot change, but work on your strengths, forgive, and accept that.
    Likes Anomoly, wolfnara, sorenx7 liked this post

The Typing Tabby Array grey_beard's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by INFPtheQuietOne View Post
    Other INFP Issues
    1. People always ask why we're so quiet.
    2. Being such a good listener we're used as dumping ground for other's problems.
    3. Clumsiness
    4. People see us as a pushover
    5. People think we're boring because we don't socialize much.
    6. Crowds
    7. People always ask you, "What's wrong?"
    8. Being a male, but not having masculine qualities
    9. Perceiving the good in everything to a fault
    10. Feeling overly guilty even though the other person was wrong
    11. People doubt us
    12. Why can't we all just get along?
    13. Violence/Conflict
    14. We are too personal.
    15. Responsibility
    16. We remember something so long ago like it was just yesterday
    17. We think too much of possibilities
    18. Being emo and negative
    19. Being too spacey
    20. Being startled/scared too easily
    21. Bad at multitasking
    22. Terrible at lying, manipulating, stuff con-artists do
    23. We get taken advantage of too easily
    24. Trying the cover up the fact that you're crying, but you can't
    25. Being too unsure of ourselves
    26. Misinterpreting other people
    27. People dislike us because they think we're antisocial loners
    Finally, we are just very misunderstood.
    If you don't mind, what is #15, please? I've never heard of INFPs being violent or anything...
    "Love never needs time. But friendship always needs time. More and more and more time, up to long past midnight." -- The Crime of Captain Gahagan

Please comment on my johari / nohari pages.

Senior Member Array
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp
    Socionics
    INFj Fi

Quote Originally Posted by grey_beard View Post
    If you don't mind, what is #15, please? I've never heard of INFPs being violent or anything...
    That means problems with being responsible, like struggling with the fact we have to do chores, routines, etc.
    I am extremely quiet, an outcast, and conflict-avoidant. But I also have strengths too, that I can forgive you all because you are unique and special. I kill with kindness, hating violence and social conflicts. People always bully me into actually talking, but I can't. Just be your true self and know your strengths and weaknesses. Some weaknesses we cannot change, but work on your strengths, forgive, and accept that.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by INFPtheQuietOne View Post
    That means problems with being responsible, like struggling with the fact we have to do chores, routines, etc.
    Yes chores and routines are so hard.

What is it that you can do? I know other INFP's, they are nothing like this. What makes you so powerless?
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.
    Likes miss fortune liked this post

Junior Member Array
    MBTI
    INFP

I am struggling with the possibility that I might have an "entitlement mentality." I am still recovering from past hurts and unmet needs, and I tend to wonder why people don't enjoy me or care about my dreams goals and happiness. I am considered a Neurotic according to the IPIP Big 5 and an Intrigue based on the How to Fascinate test by Sally Hogshead. I consider myself an emotional intellectual. I am also a visual mathematician and I love colorful graphic representations of things. I am fearful about people not caring about my dreams. I am fearful that the dreams I dream are out of reach. So I determined that I would start a not profit organization to help all people not have to give up their dreams. But I have no idea how to do that. I feel powerless to do anything to make my life better, which I hate, but also fear being penalized for not being able to change my life. How do you bridge the gap between those who are tormented by out of reach dreams and those who look with disdain and contempt towards those appear to want things they don't deserve to have. I have Arrested Emotional Development. Is there hope for those who long for their emptiness to be filled due to past disappointments and betrayal and unmet needs when other people frown upon our longing for our lives being improved, refusing to give people like us the support or hands up to get us on our way, because it appears that we are unable and unwilling to improve our own lives ourselves (taking responsibility for our own lives), thinking we are being manipulative and demanding since it appears we are wanting something we cannot have, even if we have truly done everything we possibly can to make our lives better, especially when our aspirations are high. They think that we are demanding others to give us a privileged living, thereby leaving us all alone in our struggles putting us at greater risk of failure. I propose social change, which includes that we combat such uncaring attitudes towards the Outcasts and if I can get free of not being able to advance any further in my life for over 9+ years, I promise to give help to others that others are not willing to give to so called "losers". I don't want someone giving me a living. I want people who will be my cheerleaders, rallying beside me as my allies while I go through the blood, sweat, and tears of struggling to make my own dreams come true by the power of God's grace! It is interesting that both me and my husband tested as Intrigues. The Intrigue is one of 49 arch-types. I didn't think my husband's would be exactly like mine, but it is. Are there any more Intrigues in the house?