User Tag List

Page 30 of 39 FirstFirst ... 202829303132 ... LastLast

Thread: Common INFP Issues

Quote Originally Posted by lecky View Post
    Narcissists have zero empathy and that is something INFPs have plenty of. Maybe too much.
    I personally believe that i have had a narcissistic personality disorder - and yes, i have been accused of narcissism and cruelty.

To your statement lecky i have to say that both extreme ends are unhealthy narcissism: caring too little and caring too much. For example taking care of other persons emotional needs above yourself and extensively is narcissism, you don't recognize your limit's nor the other persons private area. You see...Like being a therapist to another person and attaching him/her this way to you. INFP know how people feel and that's base for manipulation.
    Narcissism is not that simple term.

I dont know are these issues only common in INFP's, but like you can see above, my biggest problems have been several mental disorders: borderline personality disorder, narcissm, ptsd, depression, anxiety, social anxiety disorder, panic attacks, bipolar and so forth. My head drives me crazy.
    All the people are crazy; way or another - me
    It's just my avatar, i'm not a scary person - also me

MBTI
    FiSi
    Enneagram
    937 sp/so

I think INFPs can come across as self-pitying, willfully negative, and/or trying to create drama even when we're not. Sometimes I'll simply be explaining something the way I see it or exploring an idea in (what I see as) a balanced way, and then I'm surprised to find out that the person I'm talking to thinks I'm complaining or intentionally focusing on negative things.
    “If you hate a person, you hate something in him that is part of yourself. What isn't part of ourselves doesn't disturb us.” - Hermann Hesse

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by underwaterthing View Post
    I'm surprised to find out that the person I'm talking to thinks I'm complaining or intentionally focusing on negative things.
    I get this a lot. People will offer advice on things I don't think are problems, so it seems that the way I phrase my comments leads them to believe I'm discontent. I just said whatever popped into my head. The other person thinks I'm at a crossroads asking "Where do I go from here?" My statements are more like mile markers, and I'm actually saying, "This is where I am right now."

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram

most of my issues in these last many recent years (I forget how many years it is now, seems like it's going on like 5 years now) stem from work & job-related issues. explicitly job-related really because i have my own 'work' i do & it has nothing to do with these jobs that are so draining & stupid. ah, whine whine whine. i've whined about this for years. i've also had issues with feeling unenergized to talk to people. recently small anxiety attacks, one in particular stemming directly from an online job application to CVS drugs. fucking LOL on that one. as an amazing weirdo with limited social skills & no potential for conventional success i just bother a lot of people & they want me to be different but that-
    ain't-
    happening.

one more thing: gas prices.

Senior Member Array renaiziphonts's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFp
    Enneagram
    9W1 sx
    Socionics
    IEI

Hey, I don't know if you'll all get this, but do other INFPs feel like they wear masks? Like they steal personality traits from people around them in order to be accepted?

across the universe Array Olm the Water King's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    459 sx/so
    Socionics
    EII

There was a period when I felt very lonely so I decided to wear a sort of Fe mask for some time in order to socialize more and meet friends. I got quite good at it but it was very exhausting. I still do it sometimes, but not nearly as often.

As of late, I've been putting on a Te mask out of necessity. I've found myself in a situation where one of my main priorities is getting certain things done as efficiently as possible. I'm not sure how succesfull I'm going to be, but I'm hoping for the best.

absent-minded: "So, after turned the grill off, did you remove the chicken?"

Who doesn't love carcinogens?
    Night is another candle

an abyss of Nothingness Array Arctic Hysteria's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    EII Fi

Quote Originally Posted by renaiziphonts View Post
    Hey, I don't know if you'll all get this, but do other INFPs feel like they wear masks? Like they steal personality traits from people around them in order to be accepted?
    Yes. And hence the identity crisis.
    | | | If it is god who makes man, this is the devil finishing touches | | |

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by fidelia View Post
    For INFJs, I think the biggest compliment you can give them is wanting to understand them completely and really know who they are at their core. Not asking seems like a rejection or lack of interest, particularly if they have invested a lot of time trying to get to know and understand you. Also not expressing something in my world usually means that I'm either neutral or holding back something negative (which I would probably only say if asked).

Conversely, I think that probing questions can sometimes be seen as intrusive by INFPs (although I think in person I have a pretty good sense usually of where that line is in relationship to how close we are). INFJs would see it as a compliment that they are interested enough to try to figure out how you work best. The big difference between us is that nothing is seen as totally neutral behaviour. Fe users tend to usually nothing=negative. Therefore if you don't tell an INFJ your positive feelings about them, they will assume there aren't any or that you even are beginning to feel quite negatively towards them. They'll try to ask about it sometimes and that seems even more annoying, I'm sure. I kind of think that INFPs like maintaining some sense of mystery too. If someone were to know everything about them, I think maybe it would engender some feeling of loss or being too exposed even if they really like that person.

So, how would you know if an INFPs feelings towards you are cooling off?

THIS, is exactly how/why my relationship with an INFP ended how it did.

I definitely feel like if you dont say anything, your'e holding back something negative and since the INFP will pull away not communicate and be so distant, The INFJ feels like they are left holding the bags, as if it could only have been important to them.

The is definitely that pervasive feeling of "I need more information"

I think the ruthlessness I display, due to infantile Te, after someone repeatedly violates my values disturbs me.
    Night is another candle