User Tag List

Page 29 of 39 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 ... LastLast
Results 281 to 290 of 386

Thread: Common INFP Issues

  1. #281
    failed poetry slam career Array chubber's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx
    Socionics
    ILI Te
    Posts
    3,734

    Default

    Do you guys often get told you're narcissists?

  2. #282
    Senior Member Array
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp
    Socionics
    INFj Ne
    Posts
    787

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chubber View Post
    Do you guys often get told you're narcissists?
    Other than being called arrogant on various internet forums - not really. I guess in real life there's some arrogance in me still, but I'm usually too shy for that kind of stuff. It usually does appear in arguments, I've been told I'm too much "I'm right, you're wrong" without any real proof. To me that sounds like bungus!

  3. #283
    Junior Member Array
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    INFj
    Posts
    4

    Default

    Most frequent INFP issue? Having problems with themselves, that's for sure.

    And not to offtop:

    I've never met an INFP male who was narcissistic, they were rather walking-complexes kind of people. Only a handful of them were emotionally balanced (thank God I'm among them), and didn't looked like they needed an urgent psychiatrist attention.

  4. #284
    yap yap yap Array xenaprincess's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    MBTI
    infp
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Posts
    603

    Default

    it's not narcissism. It's self-absorption.

    With narcissism there is the connotation of elevating oneself on a pedestal.
    That's definitely not the case with us!!!

  5. #285
    Member Array Tyltalis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INFp
    Posts
    39

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chubber View Post
    Do you guys often get told you're narcissists?
    Hahaha, my therapist once seriously asked me this.
    Do you guys sometimes feel intimidated by the physical world?

  6. #286
    Member Array Curtis B's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx
    Socionics
    IEI
    Posts
    46

    Default

    One of my biggest weaknesses falls into the hypersensitivity category.

    I've found that if I am TOLD what to do, even if it's the nicest possible way, I won't do it. I can't avoid this, even though I know that I do it.
    "Clean your room."
    "NO, why are you yelling at me to do something?!?!? Why're you always so mean and critical of me? So what if I'm a little messy?"
    "Don't get mad at me!"
    "I'm not mad at you! You're the one who's mad at me!"

    However if I am ASKED to do something, I will happily oblige, even if it's the same thing.
    "Could you please clean your room?"
    "Absolutely, I like cleaning "

  7. #287
    Senior Member Array renaiziphonts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    MBTI
    INFp
    Enneagram
    9W1 sx
    Socionics
    IEI
    Posts
    103

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by calb View Post
    Do you guys often get told you're narcissists?
    Narcissism has always been a complicated subject for me. I am well aware of my ability. I have an IQ above 140, and standardize test in atleast the 95% in each subject. Where does being proud of this cross the line with Narcissism?

    Well, for me; the statistical advantage has always been clear, and I have always thought that I must preform better than others (in a dangerously competitive way) but I don't do it because I think I am better, I try and prove myself smarter or stronger or more creative than someone because I know that the numbers say I should, and if I'm not then I am wasting my gift.

    By definition, self-loathing and narcissism are polar opposites, but here they draw a fine line. I can not be content with being just average because I know I should be better, not because I think I am better.

    My friend once told me that the way I think of my progress is as a pitcher full of water. I see my pitcher as larger, and so I must fill it all the way. If I were a narcissist, I;d think it already full.

  8. #288
    Junior Member Array Mr Nobody's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    MBTI
    INxJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Posts
    27

    Default

    I tend to hate my own guts every time I flip out at someone... which happens from time to time. (not something I usually see on infp problems). Also have a tendency to start talking about some favorite subject and just go on and on until the other person is not only bored but frustrated... which is followed by the same self-loathing reaction. These are generally two things I have no control over : temper and talking.
    We have gone sick.

    By following a path of untrammeled rationalism,
    Male dominance,
    Attention to the visible surface of things,
    Practicality,
    Bottom line-ism.
    We have gone very very sick.

    INTJ 4w5 5w4 9w1 Sx/So Neutral Good Johari Nohari

  9. #289
    hey ma! got a tatoo Array prplchknz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    yupp
    Posts
    27,689

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by calb View Post
    Do you guys often get told you're narcissists?
    Never been accused of narcissism
    by @magpie

  10. #290
    Senior Member Array lecky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6 sx/sp
    Posts
    148

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by calb View Post
    Do you guys often get told you're narcissists?
    Wow! Never. Selfish or self-absorbed a few times, it surprises me because I didn't even realize my own behavior at the time. I try to evolve as a person, so I keep myself in check. I am very introspective.

    Narcissists have zero empathy and that is something INFPs have plenty of. Maybe too much.
    Tritype 6-9-4 Sp/Sx

Similar Threads

  1. [INTJ] Common INTJ Issues
    By highlander in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 302
    Last Post: 11-09-2016, 10:42 PM
  2. [INFJ] Common INFJ issues
    By fidelia in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 659
    Last Post: 10-19-2016, 02:22 PM
  3. [ISFP] Common ISFP Issues
    By highlander in forum The SP Arthouse (ESFP, ISFP, ESTP, ISTP)
    Replies: 83
    Last Post: 07-07-2016, 10:29 PM
  4. [NF] Common INFP-INFJ Relationship Issues
    By Lenian in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-22-2016, 01:28 PM
  5. [INFP] Is anyone going to write a Common Issues INFP thread? Anyone?
    By Rebe in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 07-28-2010, 08:30 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO