User Tag List

Page 19 of 39 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast

Thread: Common INFP Issues

Senor Membrane Array
    MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by SpacemanSpiff View Post
    Disregarding facts that contradict what our Fi says
    I think that our quest for happiness is having a lot to do with consistency between the internal and external. When the external world is in disagreement with your way, you need to do something about it. You can change the external or internal, or disregard one of them. It seems that for an INFP the easy way is to disregard the external. Ultimately a change is needed, though.

Paragon Gone Wrong Array OrangeAppled's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by nolla View Post
    I think that our quest for happiness is having a lot to do with consistency between the internal and external. When the external world is in disagreement with your way, you need to do something about it. You can change the external or internal, or disregard one of them. It seems that for an INFP the easy way is to disregard the external. Ultimately a change is needed, though.
    In a way, I feel this is a suspension of revising internal ideals until more information can come along to contradict the facts which contradict the ideals . It's kind of a refusal to accept the external as the whole picture just yet, optimistically envisioning future developments as revealing your ideals as correct or at least plausible. It's sort of a giving of the benefit of the doubt to your inner world.

At a certain point of course, you do have to let go, but the tendency is to hang on for as long as possible.
    "Charlotte sometimes dreams a wall around herself. But it's always with love - So much love it looks like everything else. Charlotte Sometimes - So far away, glass sealed and pretty." - The Cure

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx - 451| RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive

Senor Membrane Array
    MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post
    In a way, I feel this is a suspension of revising internal ideals until more information can come along to contradict the facts which contradict the ideals . It's kind of a refusal to accept the external as the whole picture just yet, optimistically envisioning future developments as revealing your ideals as correct or at least plausible. It's sort of a giving of the benefit of the doubt to your inner world.
    That's an interesting way to put it. Looking like that it makes more sense how other people might see this sort of attitude weird.

Junior Member Array SpacemanSpiff's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post

At a certain point of course, you do have to let go, but the tendency is to hang on for as long as possible.
    I'd say that it's that at it's best, but crossing the line into simply disregarding evidence because you don't like it can most definitely be an INFP weakness.

MBTI
    INTP

'xcuse me, just an INTP passing by and lurking on your forum.

You guys are... complicated.
    I 50 N 100 T 62 P 39

Would "Appearing weird and creepy" count, or does that fall under "Social Disregard and/or Cluelessness"?

Senior Member Array NegativeZero's Avatar
    MBTI
    INxP
    Enneagram
    5w4

We're lazy as FUCK.
    MBTI: INxP
    Enneagram: 5w4
    Multiple Intelligence: Linguistic/verbal, intrapersonal.

Quote Originally Posted by NegativeZero View Post
    We're lazy as FUCK.
    Yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by NegativeZero View Post
    We're lazy as FUCK.
    I Never Finish Projects.

To me it's not laziness so much as feeling no desire to do something unless I feel it is significant.

It's similar to how I hate small talk because my Fi+Ne prefers that all conversations have some deep meaning.

Senior Member Array NegativeZero's Avatar
    MBTI
    INxP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Does any other INFP hate showing up to school, or is at least reluctant to do so? I miss tons of school, and when I'm there I hate it. I once knew an INFP who did the same thing, and I've been wondering if other INFPs do this as well.

I think it's because school does not jive with my Fi and there's nothing there to stimulate my Ti.
    MBTI: INxP
    Enneagram: 5w4
    Multiple Intelligence: Linguistic/verbal, intrapersonal.