User Tag List

Page 14 of 39 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast
Results 131 to 140 of 386

Thread: Common INFP Issues

  1. #131
    is an ambi-turner Array BRMC117's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    3w2
    Posts
    843

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PeaceBaby View Post
    ^ it's pretty common for a 9 to misidentify as a 2. (My second highest score is type 2, which ties into some gender expectations as well.)

    Any reason why you believe 2 is more accurate than 9?
    Just what I have scored when I take the test I don't know a lot about these types, but when ever I take any of the test I get 2. any know of a really good one I could take or a site that help explain the types better?
    "I put the fires out."
    "you made them worse."
    "worse...or better?"

  2. #132
    Senor Membrane Array
    Join Date
    May 2008
    MBTI
    INFP
    Posts
    3,190

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Udog View Post
    If you must always act in congruence to "who you are now", you will forever be like you are now. You can learn new things, but you'll never grow or change. Either embrace that, or learn to face the paradox of growth.
    Interesting. For me it was different. As long as I've been dealing with my identity problems I was always more willing to be the best possible me (the "future" me), it was a lot harder for me to start liking the me in the now. This doesn't mean that the future me was easy to be, though, but as it was just in my mind I liked it better and had no problem with the idea of leaving the "worse" me.

    Only recently I've been thinking about the possibility to just be enough as I am. Maybe this is like a cycle that repeats itself in attempt to find equilibrium.

  3. #133
    ReflecTcelfeR
    Guest

    Default

    I have a question!

    How far do your values extend. It is the leading function, so does it extend through everything you think about? Do you ask whether something is good, or bad (existentially speaking) even if it's merely picking up socks on the floor?

    I'm trying to grasp the strength of Fi.

  4. #134
    Banned Array
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    MBTI
    IxFx
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Posts
    859

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Udog View Post
    For me, the way out of disillusionment is through Ne and finding a new way to look at the world. If the new view makes sense and offers value, I'll integrate it, which leads to a gradual eroding of the disillusionment.



    I don't see the world in the same stark shades of black and white that I used to. I still dichotomize things almost by reflex, but such categorizations are more nuanced and open to argumentation.

    As far as advice: In order to grow out of the things that ail you, you need to change. Change requires that you commit the sin of "not being yourself" initially. Eventually, the new behavior will become a part of who you are.

    Coming to terms with that contradiction is essential. If you must always act in congruence to "who you are now", you will forever be like you are now. You can learn new things, but you'll never grow or change. Either embrace that, or learn to face the paradox of growth.
    I will always be somewhat -this- way, but I will always grow, as do we all. I don't think I'll be able to become happy-go-lucky though, I will always stay somewhat dark.

    I once asked someone what she wanted out of life, and she said "I will always look for new possibilities; to meet new people, to explore the world. There's so much I have yet to experience," to which I replied "That makes me look sooo negative. I don't really want much in life; I don't fancy materials, meeting new people, or exploring the world. I've seen enough of the world to last me a lifetime. And people bore me. I don't really know what I want. Love? I suppose love is all I really want. To love, to be loved, to accept and to be accepted," and she said "Wow, if that is all you want out of life, then you're way more positive than you might think."

    I suppose it's all about who you are and how you look at it.

  5. #135
    Banned Array
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    MBTI
    IxFx
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Posts
    859

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ReflecttcelfeR View Post
    picking up socks on the floor?
    Doing the dishes? Why bother?

    I clean the dishes, and then it takes a day and I'll have to clean them again. So why not get plastic cups and shit instead? I can't stand doing the dishes, because no matter how far in between I've done it, it will always feel like I did it a couple of hours ago.

    I will unintentionally drop shit because my interest either wanders off or my attention is needed elsewhere. I can hold an object in my hand, and then, the phone rings. I'll drop the object, and then, completely forget about it. After a while, there's going to be a whole lot of objects lying around the house (Documents, pens, cartons, glasses). It becomes a mess. And I think to myself; I should clean this place up. But I don't. Because I know it'll become a mess after a little while anyway. There's only a few things that I can't stand having lying around, and that's food. I mean, I can forget that too, but I'll take it when I notice it, because I don't like it when it becomes dirty. Mess is ok, but dirt is another thing.

    It's different when I'm at other people's houses or living with someone though. Then I won't forget. I can't forget. Because it is or can be important to them. I'll remember. And I'll clean to please them. Sometimes I forget, but I'll ultimately clean it up when I notice it. It's a mix between curtosy and pleasing I suppose.

    My desk, however, looks like... caveman sat there. If anyone complains about my desk I'll ignore it, I'll even say "Who cares?" out loud, and if they say they do care I'll respond with "Boo hoo!"

  6. #136
    Uniqueorn Array William K's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Posts
    986

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ReflecttcelfeR View Post
    I have a question!

    How far do your values extend. It is the leading function, so does it extend through everything you think about? Do you ask whether something is good, or bad (existentially speaking) even if it's merely picking up socks on the floor?

    I'm trying to grasp the strength of Fi.
    Socks? We're not OCPD!

    Personally speaking, I have a comparatively small core of values. Most of it comes from my religious and cultural upbringing. Anything outside that core, I'm super flexi and won't think too much before making a decision. As long as it doesn't inconvenience me too much, I'm neutral.

    However, the things in my core I'll dig in and defend to the death. Some of these values might even seem trivial to others. For example, I detest queue-jumpers. There are plenty of times when I almost become involved in accidents while driving because I won't back down to someone trying to cut queue. Which value does it trip up? The thought that it is being unfair to all the people who are patiently queueing up.
    4w5, Fi>Ne>Ti>Si>Ni>Fe>Te>Se, sp > so > sx

    appreciates being appreciated, conflicted over conflicts, afraid of being afraid, bad at being bad, predictably unpredictable, consistently inconsistent, remarkably unremarkable...

    I may not agree with what you are feeling, but I will defend to death your right to have a good cry over it

    The whole problem with the world is that fools & fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts. ~ Bertrand Russell

  7. #137
    Senior Member Array JivinJeffJones's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INFP
    Posts
    3,686

    Default

    I don't know why you bothered stickying this thread. It would've been incessantly bumped anyway.

  8. #138
    Away with the fairies Array Southern Kross's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 so/sp
    Posts
    2,912

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ReflecttcelfeR View Post
    I have a question!

    How far do your values extend. It is the leading function, so does it extend through everything you think about? Do you ask whether something is good, or bad (existentially speaking) even if it's merely picking up socks on the floor?

    I'm trying to grasp the strength of Fi.
    Hmmm. No not really.

    I don't know about other INFPs but for me the Fi value barometer exists more behind the scenes until something more significant sets it off. My Ne seems to lead my interaction with the everyday world; the endless tangental thoughts inspired by the environment around me, following on from one another is what typically ocupies me. With deeper thought (which I can snap into pretty quickly) Fi comes in and explores and evaluates things more closely. Its almost like the Fi just sleeps in the corner uninterested in participating all that much until things get serious, then it sits bolt upright and listens intently.
    INFP 4w5 so/sp

    I've dreamt in my life dreams that have stayed with me ever after, and changed my ideas;
    they've gone through and through me, like wine through water, and altered the colour of my mind.

    - Emily Bronte

  9. #139
    ReflecTcelfeR
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by William K View Post
    Socks? We're not OCPD!

    Personally speaking, I have a comparatively small core of values. Most of it comes from my religious and cultural upbringing. Anything outside that core, I'm super flexi and won't think too much before making a decision. As long as it doesn't inconvenience me too much, I'm neutral.

    However, the things in my core I'll dig in and defend to the death. Some of these values might even seem trivial to others. For example, I detest queue-jumpers. There are plenty of times when I almost become involved in accidents while driving because I won't back down to someone trying to cut queue. Which value does it trip up? The thought that it is being unfair to all the people who are patiently queueing up.
    Quote Originally Posted by angell_m View Post
    Doing the dishes? Why bother?

    I clean the dishes, and then it takes a day and I'll have to clean them again. So why not get plastic cups and shit instead? I can't stand doing the dishes, because no matter how far in between I've done it, it will always feel like I did it a couple of hours ago.

    I will unintentionally drop shit because my interest either wanders off or my attention is needed elsewhere. I can hold an object in my hand, and then, the phone rings. I'll drop the object, and then, completely forget about it. After a while, there's going to be a whole lot of objects lying around the house (Documents, pens, cartons, glasses). It becomes a mess. And I think to myself; I should clean this place up. But I don't. Because I know it'll become a mess after a little while anyway. There's only a few things that I can't stand having lying around, and that's food. I mean, I can forget that too, but I'll take it when I notice it, because I don't like it when it becomes dirty. Mess is ok, but dirt is another thing.

    It's different when I'm at other people's houses or living with someone though. Then I won't forget. I can't forget. Because it is or can be important to them. I'll remember. And I'll clean to please them. Sometimes I forget, but I'll ultimately clean it up when I notice it. It's a mix between curtosy and pleasing I suppose.

    My desk, however, looks like... caveman sat there. If anyone complains about my desk I'll ignore it, I'll even say "Who cares?" out loud, and if they say they do care I'll respond with "Boo hoo!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Southern Kross View Post
    Hmmm. No not really.

    I don't know about other INFPs but for me the Fi value barometer exists more behind the scenes until something more significant sets it off. My Ne seems to lead my interaction with the everyday world; the endless tangental thoughts inspired by the environment around me, following on from one another is what typically ocupies me. With deeper thought (which I can snap into pretty quickly) Fi comes in and explores and evaluates things more closely. Its almost like the Fi just sleeps in the corner uninterested in participating all that much until things get serious, then it sits bolt upright and listens intently.
    After reading all of these examples. I know Southern would agree, as she? stated it, but overall would you say that Fi has trigger(s) that is/are compromised before it marches into action (I think I know this answer, but I want to make sure)? If so is 'tripping the wire' rather obvious for others to see, in your experiences, and others as well?

  10. #140
    Seriously Delirious Array Udog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None
    Posts
    5,296

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nolla View Post
    Interesting. For me it was different. As long as I've been dealing with my identity problems I was always more willing to be the best possible me (the "future" me), it was a lot harder for me to start liking the me in the now. This doesn't mean that the future me was easy to be, though, but as it was just in my mind I liked it better and had no problem with the idea of leaving the "worse" me.
    Actually, this is the BEST way I've discovered to make changes. This way, I'm not being untrue to myself, but rather, I'm learning to be true to a future, better me. But you still must let go of the current you to become the future you.

    Quote Originally Posted by ReflecttcelfeR View Post
    How far do your values extend. It is the leading function, so does it extend through everything you think about? Do you ask whether something is good, or bad (existentially speaking) even if it's merely picking up socks on the floor?
    I'm going to cut against the grain and say, YES, even something like picking up socks is affected by Fi. Just not directly. It's not like I have a "pick up socks" value. That would just be silly.

    Instead, I integrated the action of picking up socks into a larger, more important value. I figured out a way to make picking up socks meaningful to me, because it's a part of a more important whole. If I don't assign meaning to behavior and action, I won't be able to do them for very long.

    Quote Originally Posted by angell_m View Post
    I will always be somewhat -this- way, but I will always grow, as do we all. I don't think I'll be able to become happy-go-lucky though, I will always stay somewhat dark.
    I see statements like that as self-fulfilling prophesies. Which is to say, if you WANT to remain somewhat dark, that's fine. It's just that a statement like that puts limits on how you may grow over time.

Similar Threads

  1. [INFJ] Common INFJ issues
    By fidelia in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 662
    Last Post: Yesterday, 01:19 PM
  2. [INTJ] Common INTJ Issues
    By highlander in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 302
    Last Post: 11-09-2016, 10:42 PM
  3. [ISFP] Common ISFP Issues
    By highlander in forum The SP Arthouse (ESFP, ISFP, ESTP, ISTP)
    Replies: 83
    Last Post: 07-07-2016, 10:29 PM
  4. [NF] Common INFP-INFJ Relationship Issues
    By Lenian in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-22-2016, 01:28 PM
  5. [INFP] Is anyone going to write a Common Issues INFP thread? Anyone?
    By Rebe in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 07-28-2010, 08:30 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO