• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFP] Common INFP Issues

William K

Uniqueorn
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
I would guess it's something like INFPs self-reflect more into the issues so what we are putting in these threads are higher up the issue 'tree'. Instead of saying INFPs have problems with A,B,C,D, we report INFPs have problems with E, which also causes A,B,C,D

Joehobo

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I was reading your post and decided to expand on what I said above. So my earlier post is the short version; what follows is the tl;dr version. Apologies in advance for typos and all that.

Woah this is great! I'll go through this all when I got more time, This looks like gold right now hahaha

flameskull95

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Skimming over these posts randomly, wondering 'damn why are you guys so depressed?', 'this makes me feel bad!", "what's wrong with you people!" ... then noticing you're not paying attention at all.

Last edited:

Joehobo

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Skimming over these posts randomly, wondering 'damn what are you guys so depressed?', 'this makes me feel bad!", "what's wrong with you people!" ... then noticing you're not paying attention at all.

Sorry what?

Joehobo

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I was joking. :biggrin:
Lame I know.
:hug:

Not sure which group you are refering to though, if the INFP's. It's self absorption.
If the non INFP's asking questions, I guess that varies.

+1 for the non active listeners. :thumbup:

flameskull95

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
I was joking. :biggrin:
Lame I know.
:hug:

Not sure which group you are refering to though, if the INFP's. It's self absorption.
If the non INFP's asking questions, I guess that varies.

+1 for the non active listeners. :thumbup:

Haha. Oh right, how did I not see that? .... and again, I wasn't paying enough attention. Wow, I need help :D .

Is that smiley hug for me ? :D ;)

Do you usually post according to the group it's in? I thought it was just whatever issue you recognize with your type...

Joehobo

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Haha. Oh right, how did I not see that? .... and again, I wasn't paying enough attention. Wow, I need help :D .

Is that smiley hug for me ? :D ;)

Do you usually post according to the group it's in? I thought it was just whatever issue you recognize with your type...

HEHEHE :D
Don't we all?

Yeah, I believe that is!

I think its anything related to the type the thread is aimed at. So yes. :)

SilverGhostStar

MBTI Type
INFP
lol Hey. :) Hmmmm... Skimming through this... I would say that I have a lot of those issues. Which, really, isn't all that surprising, considering. :p I've heard way too many times that I'm too sensitive. heh I got so tired of it that I just started telling them that they're just too insensitive. Meh. lol As for when I'm upset, I tend to do better if I'm given space. Sometimes I curl up into a ball and just cry. Other times, I get so furious that I scream. Either way, it's an outlet. :3 And, also according to my type perhaps, a hug makes me feel better. As far as self-reflection goes, I do that. A lot. >.> If that's how one processes the world, then so be it. :3 Anyway... I'm rambling. I'm tired. lol Just thought I would throw my two cents in there. o_O;

Aesthete

Gone
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
1w2
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Some common INFP issues include:

Hm...this sounds a lot like me, but I still think I'm a bit too cold for a feeler - not that I don't have feelings, but they don't surface much, I think, and I'm just a tad aloof. In any case, there is one person I know who I think to be an INFP, and I have a feeling I've messed up big time: I haven't been able to give enough signs of warmness when I should have, and I'm not sure what to say quite a few times. Now she's a bit less friendly to me than she was before and at times it seems - at least to me - as if she's trying to keep me at a distance. Can shyness - not talking to a person because you just don't know what to say - and a bit of aloofness be misinterpreted as rejection (going on the hypersensitivity)?

Recondite

Permabanned
MBTI Type
infp
Enneagram
I would guess it's something like INFPs self-reflect more into the issues so what we are putting in these threads are higher up the issue 'tree'. Instead of saying INFPs have problems with A,B,C,D, we report INFPs have problems with E, which also causes A,B,C,D

agree.. because infps are very intuned with the flow of inner emotions... the ebbs and flows are given more attention.. maybe some fi+si loop and rumination comes in there.. but I don't see it as all negative or all gloomy.. I feel it is honest. Just how an istj might talk about technology a lot, because maybe that's what they are interested in... whereas with an Fi-dom.. own feelings are given the most attention, so you open up about them or share them to connect with others, stay sane.. you know the drill.

r0wo1

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
I've noticed recently that I'm prone to developing a more or less personal connection with the professors I've enjoyed taking classes from the most. Then when my feelings aren't reciprocated by the professor (Imagine that! I mean they've only got probably 300 students a semester) I get bummed.

It's silly when I think about it but I can't seem to help it :( Does anybody do anything similar?

Aesthete

Gone
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
1w2
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I've noticed recently that I'm prone to developing a more or less personal connection with the professors I've enjoyed taking classes from the most. Then when my feelings aren't reciprocated by the professor (Imagine that! I mean they've only got probably 300 students a semester) I get bummed.

It's silly when I think about it but I can't seem to help it :( Does anybody do anything similar?

Agreed: I had one clever INTP teacher, but he doesn't seem as interested in my ideas. Same feeling arises.

Aesthete

Gone
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
1w2
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

Agreed: I had one clever INTP teacher, but he doesn't seem as interested in my ideas. Same feeling arises.

Abbey

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I think the hardest thing about being an INFP is the paralyzing emotional intensity.
I don't think any other type allows himself to feel as much pain or hurt, loss or loneliness as an INFP does. An INFP can see life as it should be, not just for himself, but for everyone. He dreams of a perfect world and every encounter with reality is like having a dull knife stabbed in him and slowly twisted.
Unrequited love is quite a struggle, always desiring the untouchable best, what cannot be, what one cannot have.
A INFP bursts with hope, but every second of the day faces failure.

Scott N Denver

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
an INFP's life by no means needs to be "tragic." There are many ways to "play the field" so to speak, but for me its usually about being similar enough to other people that they accept you into the fold and then being able to bring your unique attributes to the table. I think some other INFP's are much more N-heavy than I am, and they play the field differently than I do.

I will say that of our typologically nearest cousins:
I sometimes envy the free spirited social nature of ENFP's and how most people respond well to them socially.
I sometimes envy the Se of ISFP's and how they can simply "enjoy the moment" without our [INFP's] darned need to be "deep" and "heavy" and "serious" and super-philosophical.
I sometimes envy INTP's ability to not be concerned about other people or their feelings and to basically "ignore" other people or society while thinking their "deep thoughts." Water generally flows off their back, so to speak.
There is nothing that I envy about INFJ's, though they many times seem to do quite well with the not giving a fuck what other people think and ignoring how weird other people think they are. Definitely the most T of the F's.

I hate to say this, and I hate to quote commercials, but quoting crest white strips: "Life opens up when you do." Or something like that. I would add the caveat to crest: "when you find people with similar interests." That's not always easy to pull off.

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
an INFP's life by no means needs to be "tragic." There are many ways to "play the field" so to speak, but for me its usually about being similar enough to other people that they accept you into the fold and then being able to bring your unique attributes to the table. I think some other INFP's are much more N-heavy than I am, and they play the field differently than I do.

I will say that of our typologically nearest cousins:
I sometimes envy the free spirited social nature of ENFP's and how most people respond well to them socially.
I sometimes envy the Se of ISFP's and how they can simply "enjoy the moment" without our [INFP's] darned need to be "deep" and "heavy" and "serious" and super-philosophical.
I sometimes envy INTP's ability to not be concerned about other people or their feelings and to basically "ignore" other people or society while thinking their "deep thoughts." Water generally flows off their back, so to speak.
There is nothing that I envy about INFJ's, though they many times seem to do quite well with the not giving a fuck what other people think and ignoring how weird other people think they are. Definitely the most T of the F's.

I hate to say this, and I hate to quote commercials, but quoting crest white strips: "Life opens up when you do." Or something like that. I would add the caveat to crest: "when you find people with similar interests." That's not always easy to pull off.

Scott N Denver, brilliant computer scientist, enneagram 4 infp:

enfps, great people, operate on a different wavelength, another animal altogether, and as such, there's no real need to base your growth/potential on patterns that will not jive with your latest series of phases.

2) Don't assume intps disregard others simply because they don't act as you'd expect them or blatantly forget semicolons. whether e1, 4, 5, 6 or 9, give em a chance. a few of my so/sp e56 frirnds let the years slip away, no doubt, but can expressing surprising depth of concern. Often there's a grabbag of phone salespeople at target if you need a sampling and if you're lucky you'll run into a socionics ni-subtype whose speech doesn't zip you up around the neck.

Do what you like, Scott N Denver. Take notes. Spend time with the crows and me. Take an active part in your community. Live where you're happy. Feel the wind beneath your outstretched wings.