INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

Quote Originally Posted by angell_m View Post
    Won't hold.
    It doesn't does it...
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

INFP, 6w7, IEI

I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by 21% View Post
    Do you feel an inner peace amidst the overwhelming chaos that is life? Or is the chaos part of the core?
    Inner peace is when you have a healthy balance of order and chaos within
    4w5, Fi>Ne>Ti>Si>Ni>Fe>Te>Se, sp > so > sx

appreciates being appreciated, conflicted over conflicts, afraid of being afraid, bad at being bad, predictably unpredictable, consistently inconsistent, remarkably unremarkable...

I may not agree with what you are feeling, but I will defend to death your right to have a good cry over it

The whole problem with the world is that fools & fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts. ~ Bertrand Russell

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Aww you INFPs

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9w1

Quote Originally Posted by fidelia View Post
    So when you are interacting and experiencing life, what is going through your head? 95% of what I'm doing during that time is deciding what I think about stuff and deciding why I have arrived at those conclusions. I'm also figuring out whether the new information I'm receiving matches up with my previous impressions and beliefs.
    I don't know. All I know is I have to very forcefully decide to focus on something to be in the mode where my thoughts are frameable. Most of the time my thoughts feel like a nebula. I know stuff is going on, but I'm not invited to the party.
    "If you would convince a man that he does wrong, do right. But do not care to convince him. Men will believe what they see. Let them see."
    Thoreau

is an ambi-turner Array BRMC117's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    3w2

Hello all! Seymour wanted me to have some input here since I am a type 2. I don't really know what all to say (I just took the test and got 2, so not sure what all that entails). I do know that the type @ is the "helper" and I do have the need to help others. but if ya any questions just ask.
    "I put the fires out."
    "you made them worse."
    "worse...or better?"

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    937 so/sx

^ it's pretty common for a 9 to misidentify as a 2. (My second highest score is type 2, which ties into some gender expectations as well.)

Any reason why you believe 2 is more accurate than 9?
    "Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one."
    Eleanor Roosevelt

"When people see some things as beautiful,
    other things become ugly.
    When people see some things as good,
    other things become bad."
    Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    937 so/sx

Thread INFP posting stats (of members I know the details of):

Age ~20 - 30: 19
    Age 30 - 40: 1
    Age 40+: 3

-----

INFP's posting who are married or in long-term partnerships: 3

-----

INFP's posting who have children: 1

My points:

- Feelings are so all-encompassing during one's twenties (so intense for me too) that it is difficult to assess the true nature of INFP "issues" here, especially over time. What feels most predominant IS the Fi, and that's because most of the posters are in that time frame of development.

- The true nature of how much accommodation one might be capable of is not well represented either, in that most INFP's in thread are single and have no children, so the perspective is heavily weighted to those who have not yet been challenged in these areas of "giving".

Just some observations I felt important to point out.
    "Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one."
    Eleanor Roosevelt

"When people see some things as beautiful,
    other things become ugly.
    When people see some things as good,
    other things become bad."
    Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

PeaceBaby, some of your singles have or may have been in relationships as well. I'm largely disenchanted with "giving" due to the romantic and familial relationships I have had in my life. It may have something to do with the fact that I rarely got anything back, but that's likely selfishness...
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

INFP, 6w7, IEI

I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceBaby View Post
    Thread INFP posting stats (of members I know the details of):

Age ~20 - 30: 19
    Age 30 - 40: 1
    Age 40+: 3

-----

INFP's posting who are married or in long-term partnerships: 3

-----

INFP's posting who have children: 1

My points:

- Feelings are so all-encompassing during one's twenties (so intense for me too at that time) that it is difficult to assess the true nature of INFP "issues" here, especially over time. What feels most predominant IS the Fi, and that's because most of the posters are in that time frame of development.

- The true nature of how much accommodation one might be capable of is not well represented either, in that most INFP's in thread are single and have no children, so the perspective is heavily weighted to those who have not yet been challenged in these areas of "giving".

Just some observations I felt important to point out.
    Thanks for pointing this out, Peacebaby. It's very interesting. I agree that people change a lot over time. I know I'm a different person now from who I was a few years ago. With experience, especially relationship experience and to a certain extent work responsibility experience, I think my worldview has changed a lot.

I have a feeling that all idealists will have to face disillusionment and be reconciled with reality somehow. This is not saying that you have to give up your dreams and become practical and realistic, but I think for all idealists to grow and mature, you need to have a firm grasp of both your ideals and the reality. I went through (and perhaps am still going through) a period of disillusionment and only after I emerged from it and re-established who I was with myself did I feel whole and complete again. And it's not just a one-time process. If I get even more disillusioned, I have to go through the same process again and redefine everything I know. What is it like for INFPs? Does the development of Si and Te play a part? What have your experiences been like?

Also, for olders INFPs, what are the main differences that you feel between now and then (20s or younger)? Any useful advice for younger INFPs?
    4w5 sp/sx EII

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None

Quote Originally Posted by 21% View Post
    If I get even more disillusioned, I have to go through the same process again and redefine everything I know. What is it like for INFPs? Does the development of Si and Te play a part? What have your experiences been like?
    For me, the way out of disillusionment is through Ne and finding a new way to look at the world. If the new view makes sense and offers value, I'll integrate it, which leads to a gradual eroding of the disillusionment.

Also, for olders INFPs, what are the main differences that you feel between now and then (20s or younger)? Any useful advice for younger INFPs?
    I don't see the world in the same stark shades of black and white that I used to. I still dichotomize things almost by reflex, but such categorizations are more nuanced and open to argumentation.

As far as advice: In order to grow out of the things that ail you, you need to change. Change requires that you commit the sin of "not being yourself" initially. Eventually, the new behavior will become a part of who you are.

Coming to terms with that contradiction is essential. If you must always act in congruence to "who you are now", you will forever be like you are now. You can learn new things, but you'll never grow or change. Either embrace that, or learn to face the paradox of growth.