User Tag List

First 12345 Last

Results 21 to 30 of 70

  1. #21
    Senior Member INTPness's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Posts
    2,158

    Default

    Once I get to know ENFP wimmenz, we usually like each other - a lot! So, here's the question: Can you be happy as my girlfriend even if I don't give you constant, 24/7 attention? It sounds bad, but can't you, like, go away for a couple days or "go do some girl stuff for long periods of time without calling me" and still be happy? I promise if you do this one little thing, then the time we spend together will be absolutely phonomenal! Because I'll be refreshed, clear-minded, and ready to mingle with you (Ne to Ne, no less).

    This is a serious (non-critical) question. Is it just too much to ask of an ENFP because they thrive on interaction with their loved ones?
    NTJ's are the only types that have ever made me feel emo.
    ENP's are the only types that have ever made me feel like a sensor.


    There are two great days in a person's life - the day we are born and the day we discover why. --William Barclay

  2. #22
    Tempbanned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so
    Posts
    8,161

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HotpinkHeatwave View Post
    I'll be making a video soon.
    And surprise, surprise, no video was ever made...

    Go Team ENFP!!!

    :girlpower:

  3. #23
    mod love baby... Lady_X's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so
    Posts
    18,086

    Default

    Hahahaha oh shit that's funny z
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

  4. #24
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will
    Posts
    5,927

    Default

    Why does ENFP seem to be the most common type on Typology Central?

  5. #25
    Tempbanned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so
    Posts
    8,161

    Default

    Ok, so I was thinking about starting a new thread, but I don't really want to be the starter of a fucking "Ask an ENFP" thread, and, after thinking about it for a moment, I realized, in light of the history of this thread, it would be hilariously appropriate to hijack it in order to give it back some semblance of actul purpose. So, from here on out, by decree, this thread no longer belongs to whatever ENFP started it -- the past is now just a relic of some half-brained ENFP idea. The future of this thread now belongs to ENFPs in general, built on a perfect bedrock of epic ENFP fail.

    So, first question: when you say something like this...

    Quote Originally Posted by skylights View Post
    @EJCC I think the usual ENFP tactic is just to pick some elements in the INTJ's communication and twist them around a bit and see how the INTJ responds, and that's how you can get a read on them. It's like Heisenberg uncertainty, they don't have any Si grounding, but at least you can figure out how they're moving at the moment. And then you get them to have to play your game too because then they have to figure out what your position is and because their Si sucks they find that tricky and intriguing too, and then while they're distracted, you pounce.

    How does our Si sucking make it tricky for us to figure out your meaning?

    I don't deny that our Si sucks, and I don't deny that, when you do as you described above, we start playing the game with you.

    I also don't deny that we find it intriguing, because, well, I most certainly do; it's just, I find such play intriguing with others Ni doms too.

    The part I'm not as sure about is whether we find it tricky (this may be the case), and, if we do, how this is caused by our having shitty Si.

    I mean, you guys have shitty Si, too; how do you know it's not your shitty Si that's causing the problem?

    And, if there even is a problem, is it worse between you guys and us, than between us and Si-doms?

    There can certainly be a disconnect between us and SJs, but I don't know if we have this supposed difficulty "seeing" their Si that so many ENFPs seem to whine about. Frankly, I think I see what SJs are pointing to pretty frickin easily, I just tend to disagree that what they're seeing is the whole kit-and-kaboodle. By contrast, I think you guys suck at expressing your Si; it seems like its so implicit (i.e., subconscious) in everything you express, that you really don't have a very strong understanding of how it colors everything you think/believe, and, as such, I think you guys wield it rather poorly.

    So, whose fault is it really that we don't "see" your Si? Ours, or yours?

  6. #26
    Tempbanned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so
    Posts
    8,161

    Default


  7. #27
    mod love baby... Lady_X's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so
    Posts
    18,086

    Default

    I totally just pictured you with your arms crossed and glaring at us with all that. Haha

    Why didn't you just ask skylights?
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

  8. #28
    i love skylights's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne
    Posts
    7,835

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post
    Ok, so I was thinking about starting a new thread, but I don't really want to be the starter of a fucking "Ask an ENFP" thread, and, after thinking about it for a moment, I realized, considering the history of this thread, it would be a hilarious appropriate to hijack it, and give it back its purpose. It no longer belongs to whatever ENFP started it -- that is now just a relic of some past half-brained ENFP idea. This thread now belongs to ENFPs in general, built on a perfect bedrock of past epic ENFP fail.

    So, first question: when you say something like this...



    How does our Si sucking make it tricky for us to figure out your meaning?

    I don't deny that our Si sucks, and I don't deny that, when you do as you described above, we start playing the game with you.

    I also don't deny that we find it intriguing, because, well, I most certainly do; it's just, I find such play intriguing with others Ni doms too.

    The part I'm not as sure about is whether we find it tricky (this may the case), and, if we do, how this is caused by our having shitty Si.

    I mean, you guys have shitty Si, too; how do you know it's not your shitty Si that's the problem?

    And, if there even is a problem, is it worse between you guys and us, than between us and Si-doms?

    There can certainly be a disconnect between us and SJs, but I don't know if we have this supposed difficulty "seeing" their Si that so many ENFPs seem to whine about. Frankly, I think I see what SJs are pointing to pretty frickin easily, I just tend to disagree that what they're seeing is the whole kit-and-kaboodle. By contrast, I think you guys suck at expressing your Si; it seems like its so implicit (i.e., subconscious) in everything you express, that you really don't have a very strong understanding of how it colors everything you think/believe, and, as such, I think you guys wield it rather poorly.

    So, whose fault is it really that we don't "see" your Si? Ours, or yours?
    The funny part, Z, is it was initially a discussion on trolling, and I was sort of meta-trolling. I mean, I guess I was somewhat serious when I wrote that, but for the most part I just wanted to be snarky because I saw a good opportunity for a laugh. But now it's even funnier because I think I sort of did exactly what I said ENFPs do to INTJs in my post, which is that I gave you a static in response to your dynamic and it made you stop and question.

    (TBH, this is how my thought processes usually work. I half-ass some response and then the actual truth of it starts occurring to me and I delve into it. I guess that's the real power of N at work.)

    But as to what you wrote, I think the problem with INTJ Si - and I agree ENFP Si is shitty too, precisely in the way you described - but I think the problem with INTJ Si is that you guys don't readily grasp the point of it. ENFPs do, even though we're crappy with wielding it, since it's essentially the basis of our dominant thought process. We couldn't make any of the connections we make without it, so we "get it" on a teleological level, even though we don't see it half the time. We do work off the principle that there are static, fixed qualities to elements of the universe and those elements in collectivity constitute reality. Whereas I don't think INTJs really see that so much on an inherent level, since you're so concentrated on the internal archetypes of processes within time. The same is true for ENFPs of Se, of course. We kind of get it, and we can see it, but we don't really grasp the point of it, not on an instinctual level. I mean, yes, I can see how enjoyable it would be to take in all that reality as it comes and readily respond to it, but aren't you missing out on a lot of meaning there? That's how Se feels to me and I suspect Si has a similar baffling quality to you. It seems like it's missing something important.

    There can certainly be a disconnect between us and SJs, but I don't know if we have this supposed difficulty "seeing" their Si that so many ENFPs seem to whine about. Frankly, I think I see what SJs are pointing to pretty frickin easily, I just tend to disagree that what they're seeing is the whole kit-and-kaboodle.
    Well, and when watching SJs at work, I think I have a pretty good understanding that they are handling things piece-by-piece, building towards a whole instead of working from the top down like NJs. My best friend is an ENFJ and I can kind of see in her strategies the drawback of NJ issue-addressing - a lot of times she is totally immersed in issues that aren't really even issues, because they're sort of big collections of issues shoved together into one, and sometimes it seems like she's getting frustrated about the whole when she could just take the issues in groups and maybe it would be more manageable and she could focus on the things that are really an active problem and just let the others go, for the sake of practicality. That's part of what I think you guys tend to miss with(out) Si. Like it seems kind of simple to you because you're not really understanding the whole in a Ne light, and how Si parses it up.

    So, whose fault is it really that we don't "see" your Si? Ours, or yours?
    Lol, neither and both, of course.


    Incidentally - it admittedly is pretty classic ENFP to start a thread promising something exciting and revealing and to never not yet have delivered. And you, sir, have a penchant for kidnapping threads and running away with the ENFPs booty.

  9. #29
    Undisciplined Starry's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    5,628

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post
    And surprise, surprise, no video was ever made...

    Go Team ENFP!!!

    :girlpower:

    I don't know why...but for some reason I actually find the fact that no ENFP answered INTPness' question 'funnier in an ENFP-way'...than Hotpinkheatwave never creating the video she promised to create...haha!


    Quote Originally Posted by INTPness View Post
    Once I get to know ENFP wimmenz, we usually like each other - a lot! So, here's the question: Can you be happy as my girlfriend even if I don't give you constant, 24/7 attention? It sounds bad, but can't you, like, go away for a couple days or "go do some girl stuff for long periods of time without calling me" and still be happy? I promise if you do this one little thing, then the time we spend together will be absolutely phonomenal! Because I'll be refreshed, clear-minded, and ready to mingle with you (Ne to Ne, no less).

    This is a serious (non-critical) question. Is it just too much to ask of an ENFP because they thrive on interaction with their loved ones?
    Yes INTPness. If you are looking for a long-term mate that doesn't require constant 24/7 attention...ENFP would probably be a safe bet...haha!

  10. #30
    Senior Member prplchknz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    yupp
    Posts
    29,784

    Default

    do you think about thinking about things that you shouldn't think about?
    In no likes experiment.

    that is all

    i dunno what else to say so

Similar Threads

  1. [ENFP] Ask an ENFP
    By You in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 431
    Last Post: 08-03-2017, 10:38 AM
  2. Ask an ENFP anything
    By Lunar Light in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 07-26-2015, 08:00 AM
  3. [ENFP] Ask an ENFP
    By Raspberry_rain in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 05-20-2015, 12:50 PM
  4. Ask an ENFP.
    By Kensei in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 04-05-2015, 06:20 PM
  5. Ask an ENFP, get a flirty answer
    By Amargith in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 115
    Last Post: 06-11-2009, 08:13 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO