• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFJ] INFJ's - What is your job?

whatusername

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
I'm a litigation lawyer. I wish I could say it's going great, but any job that's intrinsically grounded on human conflict is not bound to be a fit for INFJ's, I think. I originally wanted to go into human rights lawyering and I still want to do so, but right now, pressing, financial obligations must be met. So litigation it is.

I can't wait for the day I eventually get out.

Mertonchavez

MBTI Type
Infj
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so
I am nurse! It can be challenging but I love being able to help people and find that the pros outweigh the cons. Good luck in finding what you want to do! It took me quite some time!

Mertonchavez

MBTI Type
Infj
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so
INFJs make up very good research scientists-chemists and biologists. I'd say my customer base is about 60% NTP, but then maybe 10% INFJs, followed by 5% INTJs/ENFPs.

You guys use tert Ti very, very well.

Yeah, I did research for three years and really loved the autonomy of it but missed having more human interaction.

Kyrielle

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I'm a Tag and Title Clerk, which means I: help people register and title their cars, help them get out of the various holes they've dug themselves regarding vehicle ownership, collect taxes for the state and county, and enforce state law regarding the registration of vehicles.

It's not so glamorous as it sounds, but it does require some problem solving and people skills. I'm good at what I do, and some days, I even enjoy it. But I can't say I leap out of bed every morning filled with sunshine and joy at the prospect of going to my job. I just go and do it, then come home and do something else. It's not so bad, really. I rarely get angry customers, and working with the public has done a tremendous amount in helping me give less of a crap about whether or not someone is "mad" at me.

I don't see myself being here forever, though. I don't know where I'll go next, and for now, I'd like to just enjoy the ride and get more experience under my belt.

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
music teacher and composer.

V

violaine

Business owner. And editor. I've done some property development too. I'm in the process of developing my next venture. I have always thought it best to have a few streams of income and to be your own boss.

Anaita

MBTI Type
INFJ
Instinctual Variant
sp
I'm a musician/song-writer. While I don't make a ton of money from it yet, I've gotten some session work and connections. There are some producers wanting me to do some side projects so things are heading in the right direction. I'll be going back to school for audio engineering certifications soon as well.

My second choice after my passion for music would be research in neuroscience or some biological science.

redacted

I'm an SAT tutor at the moment; I'm about to have a full time software sales job on top of that starting next month.

Previously I was in food service for a long time.

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Systems Analyst, slowly morphing my way into more of a Product Development Manager role.

kyli_ryan

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
2wX
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I'm a student/Gap sales associate for now. I'm in a graduate program, and think I'll really enjoy being in Academia whenever I get there :)

SubtleFighter

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I'm currently an essay-writing tutor (and a full-time Secondary Education/English major). I mostly like tutoring. I like fiction writing more, but I was kind of fascinated by all the nuances of essay-writing growing up and pondered it a whole lot, so it's nice to have a place where they pay me to do it, lol. And it's taught me way more about teaching than I've ever learned in education classes. I'm also considering staying with one-on-one tutoring after graduation but just getting a better-paying position. It kinda sounds better than dealing with things like the behavior problems of 25 kids at once, pressure to teach to standardized tests, and dealing with rigid, micromanaging bureacracies in addition to actually doing the act of teaching.

The other problem, though, is that I don't actually believe that the traditional essay that's normally taught in schools (especially the "five-paragraph" variety) is conducive to helping the majority of kids accomplish the purpose of writing in the first place.

I do want to have a position that ultimately deals with writing, since that's my main passion in life that I'm able to do, but I can't see myself teaching the traditional essay forever. I think my dream teaching job would be teaching creative writing. Maybe I could eventually do editing or actual writing or something like that.

SubtleFighter

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I'm a musician/song-writer. While I don't make a ton of money from it yet, I've gotten some session work and connections. There are some producers wanting me to do some side projects so things are heading in the right direction. I'll be going back to school for audio engineering certifications soon as well.

That's awesome! I hope things work out for you :)

My second choice after my passion for music would be research in neuroscience or some biological science.

That's a switch!

Anaita

MBTI Type
INFJ
Instinctual Variant
sp
That's awesome! I hope things work out for you :)

Thanks! I hope that you'll be able to get the kind of teaching/tutoring job that fulfills you and also be able to write. What kind of fiction do you enjoy writing?

That's a switch!

In school my second best and favorite subject after music was science, particularly anatomy/physiology and biological science related courses. I love to read about the subject of neuroscience- papers, articles, books... it's fascinating. There's also actually a lot of really interesting research about music in neuroscience.

tibby

MBTI Type
fool
In an ideal world, I'd be a writer. I study sociology atm. Thinking of switching to biology/neuroscience. Research would suite me the best.

rushig

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
hi I have been a business hournalist, student counsellor, and now a junior financial analyst.
Loved all 3. would love to do my own thing in the future though..

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I'm starting a doctoral program in clinical psychology this fall. I'm pretty excited about it! :D

Ene

MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
5w4
Just found this thread, thought I'd resurrect it.

My day job is---an elementary school teacher.

On weekends, holidays and at night---painter, author, artist, public speaker and self-defense instructor

I love what I do.

I help make a difference in the lives of little kids who will one day become adults. I promote literacy through my writing and I promote an appreciation of the arts through my painting. With martial arts I promote spiritual awareness and a healthy lifestyle. I also teach people to stand and fend for themselves and their families.

I like the person I see when I look in the mirror. I like her because she isn't afraid to discover who she is and she isn't afraid to help others discover who they are, too.

Calbyr

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
I just quit my job at a fast food place. I want to move to Hollywood and try to make it big as a screenwriter. I know it's highly unlikely, but it's the only thing I'm passionate about, at the moment.

small.wonder

So she did.
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I'm a vintage clothing dealer, with administration (ack. :doh:) and illustration on the side. I also starting a design internship with a fair trade clothing brand in August that I'm really excited about! I nannied for several years which I miss sometimes-- I swear my kids thought I was Mary Poppins meets Miss Frizzle (I actually got the comment from a Mom once). :) Yep, I do miss it.

Ene

MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
5w4
[MENTION]Small Wonder[/MENTION], Vintage clothing dealer sounds really cool and kind of fun.

[MENTION=18734]Calbyr[/MENTION],

It sounds like you are following your bliss. I say go for it. Maybe learn everything you can about screen writing.