User Tag List

First 345

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

I now also help my mom clean houses every other week. I'm thinking I'd like to go back to cleaning businesses eventually, if I can find some nice folks to work for or maybe start my own commercial cleaning business. The sales aspect is intimidating, though.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

Wake, See, Sing, Dance Cellmold's Avatar

Gong farmer.....look it up.
    'One of (Lucas) Cranach's masterpieces, discussed by (Joseph) Koerner, is in it's self-referentiality the perfect expression of left-hemisphere emptiness and a precursor of post-modernism. There is no longer anything to point to beyond, nothing Other, so it points pointlessly to itself.' - Iain McGilChrist

Suppose a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?"
    "Suppose it didn't," said Pooh, after careful thought.
    Piglet was comforted by this.
    - A.A. Milne.

Enneagram
    9w8

Quote Originally Posted by cafe View Post
    I now also help my mom clean houses every other week. I'm thinking I'd like to go back to cleaning businesses eventually, if I can find some nice folks to work for or maybe start my own commercial cleaning business. The sales aspect is intimidating, though.
    That is very cool. The sales aspect? You can do it. If you get one or two clients who brag about you to their friends and get you some business cards to hand out casually, your business will promote itself. That's how I do with the mural painting. I just mention to my clients that if they like my work I'd appreciate them giving my name and my card to their friends. I live in a rural area and it works. I can imagine it would work even better in an urban area.

@AffirmitiveAnxiety,

Is that really what you do? And, do you get paid well for it?
    A student said to his master: "You teach me fighting, but you talk about peace. How do you reconcile the two?" The master replied: "It is better to be a warrior in a garden than to be a gardener in a war." - unknown/Chinese

http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...=61024&page=14

Wake, See, Sing, Dance Cellmold's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ene View Post

@AffirmitiveAnxiety,

Is that really what you do? And, do you get paid well for it?
    Yep, I get paid in fattened pigs and all the wenches I can scare away, it's a good life.
    'One of (Lucas) Cranach's masterpieces, discussed by (Joseph) Koerner, is in it's self-referentiality the perfect expression of left-hemisphere emptiness and a precursor of post-modernism. There is no longer anything to point to beyond, nothing Other, so it points pointlessly to itself.' - Iain McGilChrist

Suppose a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?"
    "Suppose it didn't," said Pooh, after careful thought.
    Piglet was comforted by this.
    - A.A. Milne.

Enneagram
    9w8

And what do you do with the fattened pigs? I'm just a curious sort. haha.
    A student said to his master: "You teach me fighting, but you talk about peace. How do you reconcile the two?" The master replied: "It is better to be a warrior in a garden than to be a gardener in a war." - unknown/Chinese

http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...=61024&page=14

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    468 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII None

Legal secretary. (Translation: slave to a millionaire ENTP)

MBTI
    INFJ

Great thread! I'm always trying to find other INFJ's but I don't seem to have any luck. This thread helps make INFJ seem more real to me -- And what a variety of occupations! You guys rock!

Just for the record: I taught English for many years, then I worked in a pre-press shop, then I was business manager for a non-profit for about twelve years. Now I'm a stay-at-home mom but I occasionally earn a little money as an accompanist or playing for church services -- and I really love playing for weddings!

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sp/so

Right now I'm a full-time care giver for my mom. Before that, I did pre-press and graphic design.
    Johari / Nohari

“That we are capable only of being what we are remains our unforgivable sin.” ― Gene Wolfe

reminder to self: "That YOU that you are so proud of is a story woven together by your interpreter module to account for as much of your behavior as it can incorporate, and it denies or rationalizes the rest." "Who's in Charge? Free Will and the Science of the Brain" by Michael S. Gazzaniga

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    468 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII None

Quote Originally Posted by Lily Bart View Post
    Great thread! I'm always trying to find other INFJ's but I don't seem to have any luck. This thread helps make INFJ seem more real to me -- And what a variety of occupations! You guys rock!

Just for the record: I taught English for many years, then I worked in a pre-press shop, then I was business manager for a non-profit for about twelve years. Now I'm a stay-at-home mom but I occasionally earn a little money as an accompanist or playing for church services -- and I really love playing for weddings!
    I taught high school English for a couple of years, too, have a BS Secondary Ed/English with a music minor. Just to round the picture out. I didn't enjoy classroom teaching and found I made more money working in an office, found I enjoyed working with adults, and never went back to teaching.

MBTI
    INFJ

My three biggest passions have always been art, games and music. I do the first two for a living. I've begun to get opportunities to earn money from my music as well, but so far I've kind of chickened out (it's the only one I have no formal qualifications for). Still, it's a great feeling to have all of my passions so heavily tied to my work. Had I not chosen a creative path in life, I'd be a psychotherapist.
    Last edited by MrRandom; 07-15-2013 at 09:46 AM.